PDA

View Full Version : Archive Section

xfrancox
07-31-2006, 07:11 AM
Has anyone ever thought about adding an Archive section. Basically a place where new people can read old topics. They can learn about things that have been brought up countless times, learn what not to bring up (gamesaves anyone?), etc. Anyway, just a thought.

g4m3r7ag
07-31-2006, 07:15 AM
go all the way to the bottom of the page, look in the bottom right corner, you should see a link titled Top, to the left of that is Archive.

xfrancox
07-31-2006, 07:21 AM
go all the way to the bottom of the page, look in the bottom right corner, you should see a link titled Top, to the left of that is Archive.

Hmmm, Ive never seen that. But its not exactly what I was talking about. Where that is a culmination of all posts, I was thinking something a little more refined. Something that had the main/big topics that answered frequently asked questions. Somewhere for new members to learn about major events/discussions this community has had. Not just a total archive of the forum.

thieflordgamer
07-31-2006, 07:31 AM
I see what you're saying. Somewhat of a sticky, but sort of a reverse sticky... I could see that idea working.

Minty
07-31-2006, 07:38 AM
The posts are all there for people to read....its down to them whether they will or wont.

In some games we have a FAQ- take Tiger and Full AUto for example. These hoepfully cut down on repeat questions. And you can see people do read the old posts- cos some people keep dragging them up when there months old :p

xfrancox
07-31-2006, 07:42 AM
The posts are all there for people to read....its down to them whether they will or wont.

In some games we have a FAQ- take Tiger and Full AUto for example. These hoepfully cut down on repeat questions. And you can see people do read the old posts- cos some people keep dragging them up when there months old :p

Just an idea, Ive seen it on other threads and thought it would be worth mentioning.

Minty
07-31-2006, 07:49 AM
Na, i think its a good one. But rather than having a specific archive section, i think we should create more FAQ guides for the games.

i.e. if people wanted to, have a look through and notice that 20 people have asked the same type of question, that would be in the FAQ. This would make it easier for new memebers and even old members that have just got the games. Kind of an achievement guide, but different

thieflordgamer
07-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I guess the Mintinator is right, they are right there for people to read. And FAQs would be a lot easier, most likely.

g4m3r7ag
07-31-2006, 07:54 AM
ok sorry franco i see what you mean now, i just sen the word archive, ive actually went to it to see what its all about.