PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe Annoucement Trailer

Asian47
04-25-2008, 04:21 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32977.html

Also available in the Marketplace for download.

Gackt
04-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Im personally unhappy with Midways choice of making this a vs game especially with DC characters I just dont think it fits very well at all.

v_thorne
04-26-2008, 12:13 AM
You're kinda a little late with this. There's already been 2 previous threads about this and one included a trailer.

I'm also saddened by their choice of VS with the D.C Universe. The only good D.C character is Batman IMO and why would they even do a crossover with MK? Blows my mind in a bad way.

Asian47
04-26-2008, 12:24 AM
You're kinda a little late with this. There's already been 2 previous threads about this and one included a trailer.

I'm also saddened by their choice of VS with the D.C Universe. The only good D.C character is Batman IMO and why would they even do a crossover with MK? Blows my mind in a bad way.

Why doesn't anyone give me the heads up before the threads...:p

I'll wait before I judge the game. I don't think it was the greatest choice either, but who knows. Maybe it will be the game the series needs. That or effectively kill off a long going franchise.

More in likely it will be the latter, but you never know..

UberViking
04-26-2008, 03:11 AM
Sweet looks good

v_thorne
04-26-2008, 03:24 AM
Why doesn't anyone give me the heads up before the threads...:p

I'll wait before I judge the game. I don't think it was the greatest choice either, but who knows. Maybe it will be the game the series needs. That or effectively kill off a long going franchise.

More in likely it will be the latter, but you never know..

They killed it off at Mortal Kombat 4, dug up and desecrated the remains with Deadly Alliance, and sold the bones on Ebay with Armageddon.
There's not much left to do to it.

Asian47
04-26-2008, 03:37 AM
They killed it off at Mortal Kombat 4, dug up and desecrated the remains with Deadly Alliance, and sold the bones on Ebay with Armageddon.
There's not much left to do to it.

They could cremate it with this game. ;)

DreadfulCorpse
04-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Looks good, I like it, so I'll probably get it.

LEEDS KNIGHT
04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm a big Batman fan (not in size), but they'd have to have something amazing for me to buy this. I went off the MK series when characters could more or less shoot each other from the other side of the screen. :) Characters wise there's certainly a lot of choice, and it'd be cool to use someone like Doomsday. How Supes won't just be over-powered will be interesting to see...maybe he'll be an end boss.

Gackt
04-30-2008, 07:43 PM
The past few games they have done have all been crap, pretty lame when your last good franchise game was on the SNES .... I had high hopes when I read an interview about they scrapping everything and starting over from the ground up.... and im even more amazed at the stupid outcome of that... DC just doesnt fit with MK .............Mortal Kombat 1 was the best IMO

Raesvelgr
04-30-2008, 10:25 PM
I agree with you bro. DC does not fit, and there won't be fatalities!

Andrew14man
05-01-2008, 05:31 AM
this will be pwnzorz to teh extr3m3!!

no, seriously ;)

Cheezbrgr
05-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Looks good but im not a MK fan

a_correa4
05-03-2008, 09:42 AM
DC will have to win! Superman says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tussell
05-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Personally, I think this is the most ridiculous idea ever. DC Comics' characters are clown shoes compared to MK characters. When I first heard of it, I obviously followed up my disgust of reading about it, with watching the trailer.

The trailer itself is cool, because I could picture it being some sweet fan made video. Sadly, it's not some fan made video, it's real, and it's going to suck.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that even Johnny Cage, yes, Johnny Cage, could beat the crap out of any of the DC characters.

Oh well, it's not like I'm not used to good things from the past being ruined. I mean, look at the Halloween re-make, that was complete crap. Prom Night re-make rated PG-13, pfft! Every single re-make lately, has been horrid. I did however enjoy the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre re-make along with the original The Hills Have Eyes re-make, but I digress...

Whatever, regardless of what I've said, I'm still going to check it out... I mean, it's got the Mortal Kombat name on it, so it's definitely going to be used by me. The only thing I've never liked about Mortal Kombat was their lame little Mortal Kombat Live thing and Mortal Kombat: Special Forces. Soon to be added to the list, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe!

The only one who I think will hold his own in DC, is Batman. He doesn't need superpowers to be badass.

Personally, I think that they should have done X-Men vs. Mortal Kombat, but that's just me.

Andrew14man
05-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Personally, I think that they should have done X-Men vs. Mortal Kombat, but that's just me.

ya but they already did X-Men vs street fighter & marvel vs. capcom....

Tussell
05-04-2008, 01:38 AM
ya but they already did X-Men vs street fighter & marvel vs. capcom....
I don't get your point...

TooMuchCowbell
05-04-2008, 05:16 AM
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe:
When fan-fiction goes BAD

Is it just my opinion, or does this sound like really bad fan-fiction?

xwpxfallenangel
05-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Capcom vs SNK was sick as well as X-Men Vs Street Fighter but dude come on Mortal Kombat vs Virtua fighter or Mortal Kombat vs Dead or Alive or even Mortal Kombat vs Soul Caliber would have been more comprehindable as a game. But alas that all would make more sense than just making another Mortal Kombat that was Next Gen and good