PDA

View Full Version : Gta Lives Up To The Hype??

ICEMANjnr
04-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Got gta yesterday from work :Bounce: and have to say lives up to the hype. absoulty amazing :uzi: 10/10 im not here to boast or anything. im here to answer any questions anyone has about the game. just post a comment and i will send you a message. cant wait for you to get your copy but trust me its worth the wait. :drunk:boomthe game is amazing the graphics the soundtrack the gameplay itself the cover system the city itself looks stunning. the best game of the year so far and deffently a nxt gen exprience which you will be playing for a long time comming enjoy everyone ;-)

Gaurdy3G
04-26-2008, 10:28 PM
have you played any of the online stuff yet? if so what's it like?

and is it true that all the AI characters around the city are all different?

Ashz0r
04-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Curious about the Euphoria Animation System if that lives up to its hype in the fights etc
(Eurphoria is like ragdoll effects but the animation generated is random depending on how or where the model is hit.. for example a car hits a guy in the legs at 20mph and then a another car hits the model maybe in the side of the body at 30mph the way the model reacts depends on the circumstances rather then having say one set animation for a person being hit by a car.)

Sorry if this question is a bit confusing.

Just wondering because im a 3D modeller and i need to keep on the ball with the animation proceesses and wanted to know if the new ragdoll physics (Euphoria) in gta4 are as good as they have been previewing.. ill find out on tuesday but im eager to know because I may need to start learning how to prep my 3d Models for Euphoria system some day if this technology catches on.

Dildar
04-26-2008, 11:20 PM
I just watched the IGN review, it truely look amazing.

Yickk
04-27-2008, 06:32 AM
I just watched the IGN review, it truely look amazing.

I agree. The fact that its the first game rated a 10 since Ocarina of Time really says something. That review just got me so much more stoked for this game. It looks simply amazing.

vhayste
04-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Wow... the trailers looked awesome... It does deserve its score.

bulletman
04-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Curious about the Euphoria Animation System if that lives up to its hype in the fights etc
(Eurphoria is like ragdoll effects but the animation generated is random depending on how or where the model is hit.. for example a car hits a guy in the legs at 20mph and then a another car hits the model maybe in the side of the body at 30mph the way the model reacts depends on the circumstances rather then having say one set animation for a person being hit by a car.)

Sorry if this question is a bit confusing.

Just wondering because im a 3D modeller and i need to keep on the ball with the animation proceesses and wanted to know if the new ragdoll physics (Euphoria) in gta4 are as good as they have been previewing.. ill find out on tuesday but im eager to know because I may need to start learning how to prep my 3d Models for Euphoria system some day if this technology catches on.

No it isnt as good as they were making out, it seems a bit broken to tell the truth. Dont get me wrong it is good but not quite as good as they would have you believe. Ive already seen strange glitches with the way the system works, (cars upside bouncing around, people going through solid objects e.t.c) Its worse when you hit peole with a car it looks cheesy to me I think people might of been going overthetop with this one Ive only played for about 120 mins and Ive already started watching films and doing other things. Im probably one of the only people that are disapointed to tell the truth. Its good but not that good. Worth noting though are the T.V stations now these are really funny, the best part of the game so far for me and the music is awesome.

domejohnny
04-27-2008, 09:07 AM
My curiosity would be the online play - what type of options are available?

kiwi18
04-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Nah, I really hope it doesn't, my money is on Gears of War 2 for the best title ever for the 360.