PDA

View Full Version : Grand Pearl pooh-bah help?

Flippy
04-26-2008, 10:31 PM
would anybody like to help me with grand pearl pooh bah? i can help you with any achievement u dont have

RRIKER
06-02-2008, 02:16 PM
aagh!!!!
Last night I played a single game for 1.5 hours (internet crapped out). It got me marathon mogul and big cheese (3 black pieces).

I had 2 pearls on top of each other (on the bottom) and one more in the space just below. I was working on the 4the starflower of the 4th pearl when...

purple bomb. on the 1st column (waaaay left). counter 5. top position. no purple ANYWHERE (except light purple...wrong color). I tried as bes I could, dropping it down and praying for purples to come in, but only one did. With one move left, I switched over the black pearl to make a cluster (big cheese achv).

Curse these bombs, curse 6 black pearls (that can actually make a formation without losing a middle and connecting, thus ending the game), curse this game, and curse Alexey Pajitnov for his open-ended algorithms. (Tetris, Hexic, Hypno device 1.0a).

To answer you, flippy, I have no Idea how the h-e-double-hockey-sticks I'm gonna get this, let alone how to help you.

Where's that Mercury Rising kid when you need him?

Dstrukt
06-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Beat ya to the Grand Poobah RRIKER ;)

Bombs are a pain in the ass. I try to always have a bomb defense for 80% of the colours currently on the board and the remaining 20% really close by. This is only if I pass level 5 which is rare because I usually try to win by the end of 4 or the beginning of 5.

I don't know which grid you're using, but I highly recommend the Master's Grid over the 4x4 Grid without question. You will avoid ALL (I repeat ALL) accidental combos and increase your chances of obtaining the Poobah this way. It takes a little longer to set up, but once you get the feel of it in the first 2 lines of starflowers, you'll be making the remaining rows very quickly.

Remember to countdown to your next bomb!

Achiever TM
07-06-2008, 08:54 PM
this achievement can be done with 22 silver gems..
get 8 silver gems as fast as u can, then create a black pearl and left 2 silver pearls to get more silver fastly..then create 16 silver gems.. and create 2 lines of 8 silver gems each..one 4 each side of the board..after that u must do a special combo..with a special combo of 16 silver gems u can get 5 black gems..and then get your grand pearl..
this way u will get the special combo and 5 black gems:
__o_o__
___o___
___o___
__o_o__
_o___o_
_o___o_
_______
___o___
__o_o__
__o__o_
___o___

o - silver gems
_ - other gems
the red one is a silver gem but it's the last piece to get your special combo..

then rotate the red to get one flower and u will get a special combo..
when u understand this very well u will get your achiev in 30min..

j hermit
10-27-2008, 08:11 AM
i'm still trying to sort out what achiever said, but here's what i recommend- first of all, get good at moving stars around the board. then, set up a grid section (i prefered the master grid). here's a video on youtube:

YouTube - Hexic HD Master Grid Tutorial (in depth)

and yes, that is soooo totally not me playing. building the grid is tough but it's your best bet to be able to get the pooh bah.

get ready for some frustration. i found it easier to start the grid in one of the bottom corners, then build a row at a time. and i only built mine four rows instead of five- you can still rotate and grab pieces from the fourth row without making any combos. you gotta keep the combos low, the bombs can cause havok on yr grid.

hope that helps, and good luck.

jobless sam
11-02-2008, 01:12 AM
nice video

Achiever TM
11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
i played the game and recorded a video to show how to get 5 black pearls with 16 silver..i will upload it to youtube and post the link
YouTube - easy way to get grand pearl poo bah

sorry the bad quality

digitalink
11-20-2008, 05:16 AM
see my problem is once i get all those silver stars on the board i end up touching them into each other wasting them. will i'm trying to make more silver stars. someone should come to my house and do this for me lol.

achiever, so is that glitch? two extra pearls drop down when you do that?

Achiever TM
11-20-2008, 09:58 AM
yes it's called alchemy glitch..it's a bonus from the game :)

what you have to do is 2 lines of 6 silver pieces on each side of the board and 6 silver in the midle..in the midle u should put the pieces like a starflower but opened (so when u set this up u just need to move that piece) then u should go by parts, 2 pieces, then another two..allways this way..i will upload some more videos and pictures if needed..

actualy i am playin gears of war 2 but i can get this in a while if u need..

digitalink
11-20-2008, 03:07 PM
see my problem is moving around these silver stars. right now i'm on level 4 with 13 silver stars. already killed 3 of my others. but i feel like i have no room to make more stars let alone move the ones i have into that set up.

i think i might be done with this, not only did i screw things up on the setup with my last silver star of the 16 but my lcd tv has gotten a temp burn in from the game. maybe if i play it for a few min everyday for the next 3 years lol.

digitalink
11-26-2008, 10:38 PM
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

what a glorious day! i've accomplished some damn hard achievements before and this is by far my greatest!! glad I stuck it out.

Achiever TM
12-03-2008, 01:44 PM
another good way to get your achievement:
YouTube - Hexic HD 6 black pearls at once with alchemy "glitch"
hope this can help you guys