PDA

View Full Version : I'm renting a game tomorrow, help me decide what it should be

edd__
04-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Not gunna bore you with details, but basically, I want a new game, but can't afford one atm (pre-ordered Rock Band), so im gunna go rent one at Blockbusters tomorrow. Meaning i'll have it for between 2 days and a week. So i'm trying to get something that i'll enjoy, and take some time and effort, but not too difficult that i can't complete it within that time.
Bear in mind that i'm not that fond of sports games... or overly long and repetitive games.

So... what should i get?
I thought maybe TMNT, but i dunno whether i'd get bored of it too easily. So i thought maybe American Wasteland, but i already did it on PS2 entirely, and i don't reckon i'll like it now after my skate addiction. I'm now thinking Scene It LCA, because i love film trivia moore than anything, but i don't know whether it'd actually be a boring game.
Any ideas? Would really appreciate any input, thanks

SabreOscar
04-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Well if you havent played any of the major titles that came out in 2007 then I recommend you start there. Bioshock, Halo 3, Assasins Creed, COD4 etc.

All great games and cant go wrong with either one.

edd__
04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Have played Halo 3, COD4 and Assassin's Creed and didn't really like any of them. *waits for abuse*

And like i said, i want something that i can complete or get pretty far on within the rental period.
I'm gunna add that i don't really want a game that i won't have to rely on other people to get achievements or anything.

Blackjaw x
04-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Um.

Grand. Theft. Auto. Four.

matthewaburns
04-28-2008, 10:05 PM
GTA releases tomorrow, or Assassins Creed, Rainbow Six 2, COD4, just a few

kiwi18
04-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Um Avatar will take 2 minutes and is exciting...best overall choice for a long, detailed storyline along with a challenging achievement list. Good luck.

Impulse
04-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Renting a game on the eve of GTA4, have you gone mad boy!

enEHmy
04-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Hmm, I would say rent Condemned 2: Criminal Origins... A great single player, and some cool multiplayer modes. It has somewhat trivia of picking the right answers for each crime scene... If you dont like repetitive then definetly dont get TMNT, jump attack jump attack jump attack Yay.

LegitLostLegend
04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Get TMNT, it's fun and can be done in the rental period

ankle_spawn
04-29-2008, 07:16 AM
I can advise you bully: you can get 1k in around 25 hrs, so you should be able to finish it in the rental time; plus it has a pleasurable main story, and a various gameplay. it's the closest to gta standard right now. imho ;)

Gackt
04-29-2008, 08:00 AM
TMNT is a disappointing game that you could take your time going through and beat it in 4 hours, easy 1000 pts though :D

Ben Sharpe
04-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Bully would be good as i doubt you could rent GTA4 :)

edd__
04-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Right, cheers for all the help guys. Narrowed it down to a few choices, at it all varies on what's in store, but im thinking either:
-Scene It? LCA
-Bully
-Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Thanks for all the help. If anyone really disadvices any of those, let me know and why, cheers

Sir Xazor
04-29-2008, 10:13 PM
...you asked us to choose a game for you to rent because you cant decide...aw come on!!!! Its 29th! Grand...Theft...AUTOOOOOOO 4
!!!!!!!@#@!~#@()(*!!............Well, due to it's popularity...i doubt you can rent it because everyone couldve rented them all already.

I would go for Scene it? Because its fun but way more fun with your family playing too.

edd__
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Sorry man, but the likelihood that GTA IV will be available in the shitty Blockbusters is very very doubtful. Plus, i know if i rented it, that i'd want it longer than 2 days :(

Sir Xazor
04-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Sorry man, but the likelihood that GTA IV will be available in the shitty Blockbusters is very very doubtful. Plus, i know if i rented it, that i'd want it longer than 2 days :(

True...if i want a game for just 2 days or around. I would rent scene it? Since its easy and hella fun with family.

neoadorable
04-30-2008, 12:36 AM
depending on your age, get Army of Two or Kane and Lynch. both fun shooters, short, can get multiple plays in a week easy, and you'll get 400+ GS no problem if you sit down and really play them.

edd__
04-30-2008, 11:15 AM
My brother has both, and I did really enjoy Army of Two, not played Kane and Lynch but it doesn't really appeal.
But there's no point wasting the money to rent them when i can borrow them from my brother when he gets bored of them.
Cheers for the input though :)

Bax x360a
04-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Not gunna bore you with details, but basically, I want a new game, but can't afford one atm (pre-ordered Rock Band), so im gunna go rent one at Blockbusters tomorrow. Meaning i'll have it for between 2 days and a week. So i'm trying to get something that i'll enjoy, and take some time and effort, but not too difficult that i can't complete it within that time.
Bear in mind that i'm not that fond of sports games... or overly long and repetitive games.

So... what should i get?
I thought maybe TMNT, but i dunno whether i'd get bored of it too easily. So i thought maybe American Wasteland, but i already did it on PS2 entirely, and i don't reckon i'll like it now after my skate addiction. I'm now thinking Scene It LCA, because i love film trivia moore than anything, but i don't know whether it'd actually be a boring game.
Any ideas? Would really appreciate any input, thanks
You'd be done with TMNT in a day, 2 days MAX. If they have a copy, GTA is the way its just gotta be done really. If not, you into sports games? Euro 2008 is quality, Virtua Tennis 3, then you've got other shooters like Turning Point, Turok etc...

Watson bros
04-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I recently rented Two Worlds, similar to oblivion with a different spin on it, i like it, and its completable, i got it on Monday and I'm completing it today, and just for doing the last mission, you recieve a amazing 370 Gamerscore, well worth it in my opinion.

edd__
04-30-2008, 06:46 PM
I went earlier and Blockbusters looked like hell. So many empty shelves, barely any games at all. Bit annoying having minimal choice...
so i ended up buying Scene It for 15 as they had shit all to rent that i wanted :\

cheers anyway guys :)

Cheezbrgr
05-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Bully scholarship edition or assassins...one of those games that are fun until you finish them and then are useless