PDA

View Full Version : Getting Back 2 Good

Crash
08-01-2006, 12:06 PM
I have been giving it a lot of thought and have come to the conclusion to put Crash 27 to rest. You read right, within the next week or two Crash 27 will be dead.
As time winds down on my yearly subscription, I have taken the time to reflect on the past year. My conclusiuon? I have gotten to the point where games have taken a back seat to the achievement points. Because of this I am not having as much fun as I once did, but that is all about to change. I will still be online, but with a new gamertag, and will still chat and play with friends I have made. Yes this will put me back to 0, but I don't mind. This is now about having fun, not points. While I am proud of the accomplishments I had achieved, and it was fun getting some, it was just getting too boring "boosting" all the time. Now, I admit I'll try to 100% some games, and will challenge myself with some achievements, but I will do it at a slower pace and will only be playing games I like and will ignore games that suck *cough* Rumble Roses *cough* :D .
This will also give much more time to spend with the family. My little girls are growing and I want to open up even more time to spend with them. I love them too much and want to be a big part of their lives.
So it was fun, for the most part, and I wish good luck to those who are going for the top score. I would like to say I will miss it, but I can't bring mysef to lie.
I am not looking for a response/attention, nor for anyone to change my mind. Just wanted to let everytone know what was going on when you see no activity on my Crash 27 account.

Also as far as my participation in this site? I will still be around, and helping when I can. Things shouldn't be changing in that area.

bombgod
08-01-2006, 12:12 PM
No point in starting a new gamertag, just keep the one you have and just play games for fun and not the achievements.

Minty
08-01-2006, 12:14 PM
You did well fella, a very noble effort. And probably one of the most honest scores as well.

Understand why your doing it tho :p

P1NSEEKER
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Yeah you should be proud at what youve achieved (i should get to your score in approx 2008 ;) ) and as Minty said everyone of those points was gained honestly

Crash
08-01-2006, 12:28 PM
No point in starting a new gamertag, just keep the one you have and just play games for fun and not the achievements.

Yeah I didn't explain that part too well. I decided to go with a new gamertag for a couple of reason. First off is I am ranked among the top 25, and on the first page of the leaderboards. Because of this I have been constantly bombarded with friend requests from people I've never heard of. Also I have been constantly getting messages from people asking how to do this and that on games that I have completed. Now don't get me wrong, I like to help, but when you get a message every 10-15 minutes (not joking) asking for help, it kind of gets to be annoying. By starting a new tag, I can limit down the number of messages because I will have a low score and won't be noticed as well. Another thing is I am a low key, don't care for a lot of attention kind of guy. I would rather just play the game and have some fun. Well that was also getting to be hard to do as people would recognize my name from the leaderboards and would then ask how for help with other games which made it hard to enjoy the game we were playing.

bombgod
08-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Yep, see your point on that, I bet it can be bloody annoying.

snafegeeza
08-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Completely understand what your doing mate, congratulations on your descision. Your Children are only young once and its not worth missing for the sake of videogames, thats the conclusion I have come too anyways.

Hope you still stick around though. :)

xfrancox
08-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Very respectable decision. :bow:

bombgod
08-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Have you got an idea what your new gamertag will be called?

Butters
08-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Thats confidential hmhmm, I'm for your decision, I would get a little annoyed and bored in your position. See ya later on live.

Webb
08-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Either way, you will still be Crash, Mr Top Ten to all us ;) :bow: :D

L3giOn
08-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Hah, I was wondering why you were on your other account when we played Halo yesterday.

I respect your decision Crash. Family is also the most important thing in my life. I think you made a very mature choice. :bow:

JJBDude
08-01-2006, 07:32 PM
I admire your decision. Lots of people have been drawn into getting lots of gamerscore (me included) and it does limit the amount of "fun" time you get on your games, especially those of you in the 30,000+ gamerscore region.

One day I may follow in your footsteps. ^_^

Maka
08-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Good Decision, I like to play games, but don't go out of my ways to beat them, If I dont like them, I respect your decision and can see where youre coming from... Family Is Important...

Mr Arrow
08-01-2006, 08:29 PM
The world needs good people, and all kids need devoted and loving parents. I would like to think that you have shifted focus to the REAL achievements.

Although I never spoken to you directly, you always struck me as well respected gamer, something that I am sure reflects on you directly.

All the best.