PDA

View Full Version : Retro Games you want to come back to the 360

360Elite
04-29-2008, 04:57 PM
This thread is dedicated to all the retro games that time forgot and possibly creating a petition for retro games you want on the 360 and sending it off to Microsoft.

I have just recieved news that rare are gonna make banjo kazooie 3 for the 360 which makes me very happy because i don't know about anyone else but i loved it but it got left behind with nintendo when the dreamcast came out so fingers crossed that its not all a stupid rumor but its meant to be coming out in the near future.

GO RARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UberViking
04-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Starfox but thats not happening so.......FPS Contra

Ben Sharpe
04-29-2008, 08:50 PM
This thread is dedicated to all the retro games that time forgot and possibly creating a petition for retro games you want on the 360 and sending it off to Microsoft.

I have just recieved news that rare are gonna make banjo kazooie 3 for the 360 which makes me very happy because i don't know about anyone else but i loved it but it got left behind with nintendo when the dreamcast came out so fingers crossed that its not all a stupid rumor but its meant to be coming out in the near future.

GO RARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Banjo 3 has been confirmed i think its out towards the end of the year

Oh definatly schemue 3 bundled with 1 and 2 :D

Gackt
04-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Bubble Bobble :D

LegitLostLegend
04-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Battletoads

anji2128
04-29-2008, 11:27 PM
I could list a thousand different games that'd I'd like to see remade and be brought back to the next-gen systems. A few examples are Gunstar Heroes and Beyond Good and Evil. Battletoads would be good too. So far most the games I'd like to actually see be remade are. Can't wait for Bionic Commando!

MrMondayNite341
04-30-2008, 12:10 AM
A new Mega Man, Castlevania, Battletoads, Metroid would all be cool. But they all belong to Nintendo:(. Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Legend of The Mystical Ninja would be cool for XBOX live.

neoadorable
04-30-2008, 12:28 AM
too many to number: operation wolf, afterburner, outrun, cabal, ports of call from the amiga, katakis, river raid, spy hunter, it came from the desert, rocket ranger, last ninja (C64 version), starglider, renegade, thunderblade, freakin POW/1942, which is supposed to be coming "soon". and this is just random, i could list thousands.

deathchant
04-30-2008, 04:34 AM
duck hunt and track + field with the power pad.....

[Waggly Bean]
04-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Oh definatly schemue 3 bundled with 1 and 2 :D

I was talking about this exact thing with a friend a few months back.

My vote definitely goes for a Shenmue Trilogy! :)

Shenmue with achievements.....! :woop:

ankle_spawn
04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
too many to number: operation wolf, afterburner, outrun, cabal, ports of call from the amiga, katakis, river raid, spy hunter, it came from the desert, rocket ranger, last ninja (C64 version), starglider, renegade, thunderblade, freakin POW/1942, which is supposed to be coming "soon". and this is just random, i could list thousands.

i do quote you! if you're not my age, then you must really love retro stuff :D

bAteseh
04-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Bubble Bobble :D

That would be amazing.

Gackt
04-30-2008, 07:36 PM
That would be amazing.

Id love to see it come to the XBLA but I think a full retail remake of the game could be very amazing.... but they would have to keep the original soundtrack of course... :D

Raesvelgr
04-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Killer Instinct FTW!

Jahmuz
04-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Legend Of Valkyrie/Valkrie no Densetsu.
Klonoa.

The best games in existance.

cORnDogZ
05-01-2008, 04:04 AM
I would rather go to the pawn shop and buy these games for $1-2 each since I still have a NES, SNES, and Genesis lolz, I actually still own some of them that were listed :woop:

Dstrukt
05-01-2008, 04:11 AM
Rockman 1-6 please. I'm an absolutely huge fan of the classic Rockman games. I'd buy up each and every one in an instant. Bring on the insanely difficult achievements!

Defcizion
05-01-2008, 04:21 AM
Basically the entire 64 lineup when it was king.

synister EFFECT
05-01-2008, 04:29 AM
The Donkey Kong 64. none of this congo beat shit, give me the thrill the Donkey King 64 game gave me. Also, there's Chameleon Twist, Tonic Trouble, and Gex. I also wish they made another Rayman like Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Stupid Rayman Raving Rabbids has seen it's day and now it's time to go back to the good old Rayman games.

CLAPSTER
05-01-2008, 05:34 AM
Isn't Bubble Bobble the one where you shoot the, never mind it's Puzzle Bobble, I want that game I remember playing it when I was 5 or 6, good times. Money wasted, but other than that good times. :D

anji2128
05-01-2008, 05:45 AM
A new Mega Man, Castlevania, Battletoads, Metroid would all be cool. But they all belong to Nintendo:(. Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Legend of The Mystical Ninja would be cool for XBOX live.

Mega Man is a Capcom property
Battletoads is a Rare property
Just to FYI ^_^

[Waggly Bean]
05-01-2008, 07:50 AM
How about if Capcom released that Megaman Anniversary collection the US got on gamecube.

We never got it over here in the UK! Give us some Megaman love!!! :p

Cheezbrgr
05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
a pimped version of space invaders

bAteseh
05-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Megaman would be awesome too. If it's owned by Capcom, there maybe a chance seeing as theres a Street Fighter XBLA game...

Yogurt Top
05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
zombies ate my neighbours !

Chojin
05-01-2008, 10:38 AM
+1 for shenmue 1-3 (with achievements)

unsure how many dvd's that'd be though (back in the day it was 2 x 3/4 cd's wasnt it?)

UNDERWALLY
05-01-2008, 05:53 PM
My causin always tells me that Shenmue is AMAZING, and I heard it too, so I wish it returns!

CORPSE CRISIS
05-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Rampage would be sweet.. i almost beat the game with my sister when we were 12yrs old..

Treats
05-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Man, I doubt it would happen, but the Original MGS.
Seeing as Konami owns it, exclusively, I believe.

That would be amazing.

That or some old platformers from the PSX.

Godge
05-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Road Rash would be awesome!

Darth Heyburt
05-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I would get Shenmue 3 if it took off 1000 GS for completing it.

Weirdo guy
05-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Lots of good ones listed, I got an oldie but goodie from the NES days that would make for an awsome remake if done right...Ikari Warriors!

neoadorable
05-02-2008, 03:51 AM
i do quote you! if you're not my age, then you must really love retro stuff :D

hey ankle spawn, all hail those who've been gaming since the late 70's! :rock

yeah, guess we're the same age more or less, between these games and prob Star Blazer afternoons...you gots it.

ankle_spawn
05-02-2008, 06:23 AM
hey ankle spawn, all hail those who've been gaming since the late 70's! :rock

yeah, guess we're the same age more or less, between these games and prob Star Blazer afternoons...you gots it.

geez! what r we doing here, spending our retirement with teenagers to feel younger? :) sometimes i felt like a weirdo, glad to know there's more of me out there :drunk

actually i started playing with PONG, if u can call it a videogame ;) and my first anime was grendizer, that actually makes me think im a bit older :eek:
anyway, kudos to our beloved amiga and cinemaware, and to C64 as well, those were big times!

neoadorable
05-02-2008, 10:10 AM
hahaha ankle gaming reaches across the generations...i for one am so happy the hobby took off and is now a bona fide huge ass industry, even though many still don't take it seriously. we're not weirdos, you don't see book lovers, movie buffs or music aficionados leave a hobby they enjoy just because of age. gaming's no different.

i think we're privileged to have been there when it was just becoming an actual business and culture...i'd definitely call Pong a game, for sure. As for those olden days being great: they were, prob because it was new and things were being invented all the time. but a lot of it is nostalgia, and today's games are actually much, much better in every way.

as for age, it don't matter, but i'm guessing we're both proud members of the early 70's posse...

[Waggly Bean]
05-02-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure if PS1 counts as retro, I guess it probably does by now.... but I was thinking about a shoot 'em up I used to really enjoy playing, just popped into my head. I'd actually forgotten about the game completely. I think a souped-up, modernised version of this would be awesome for 360.

And the game is............. GUNGAGE!

Nobodies going to have even heard of it now.... :(
Apparently it was never released in the US, only Europe and Japan.... but it's awesome!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gungage

ankle_spawn
05-02-2008, 01:53 PM
hahaha ankle gaming reaches across the generations...i for one am so happy the hobby took off and is now a bona fide huge ass industry, even though many still don't take it seriously. we're not weirdos, you don't see book lovers, movie buffs or music aficionados leave a hobby they enjoy just because of age. gaming's no different.

i think we're privileged to have been there when it was just becoming an actual business and culture...i'd definitely call Pong a game, for sure. As for those olden days being great: they were, prob because it was new and things were being invented all the time. but a lot of it is nostalgia, and today's games are actually much, much better in every way.

as for age, it don't matter, but i'm guessing we're both proud members of the early 70's posse...

yeah, i do realize my desire for such games is created by nostalgia, of course i prefer gta4 to rocket ranger :p. and when i try those games sometimes i wonder: "how in the world was i able to enjoy it!?"
i think our memories are guided and modified by our wish to go back in time, when we was younger and somehow happier. actually i dont think we wish to PLAY those games, but to feel again like we did, WHEN we played em ;)
but im gettin too philosophical im afraid, lets go back to what we do best: need last achie in Jumper for my 1k :P gotta go get it!
anyway i'd happily switch to the early 70', trust me, since im in the dying 60' instead :mad:

if u wish, use my GT for some old-dumbass style boostin, we could teach these youngsters some lessons :D

zOoz
05-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I would love to see a new "Landstalker" on the 360.

The Manbeastiey
05-02-2008, 02:51 PM
First person Centipede...that would be gnarly

or a campaign version of Joust, Robotron would be cool too...

Extreme G (From the N64) would be fun on Live I would imagine

ShinUkyo
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Damn right, now THERE are some classics from my youth. If anything, I'd assumed that "retro" games meant anything from the 70's or 80's. When people list stuff from PSX, N64, and etc... man it makes me feel old. If anything, I'll accept NES-era stuff as retro to a degree. I'd love to see another game like The Goonies2, Faxanadu, Battle Of Olympus, etc.

kentarulez
05-02-2008, 08:52 PM
A space Invaders wouldnt be bad, but the achievements would be pretty easy, perfect for boosting!

MetaGame
05-03-2008, 06:11 AM
Berzerk. Done as an over-the-shoulder 3rd-person shooter it could be a damn good game.

Gm Godfather
05-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Hogs of War Would be awesome :)

cORnDogZ
05-03-2008, 08:35 AM
if i honestly had to pick a few, i would say Kung Fu, The Legend Of Kage, Streets of Rage 1-3, Double Dragon 1-3, Double Dragon n Battle Toads, Earthbound, FF1-6, OG Metal Gear , OG Prince of Persia, OG Duke Nukem, OG King's Quest games 1-7, Leisure Suit Larry FTW LOLZ, Too many others to type, some of these i own, some i don't... gaming for 20 yrs makes for a lot of random games that were really good LOL... that's why i still own almost every console i've ever bought (except psx and ps2 :p)

runninglizard55
05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
a new gunsmoke

end thread!

neoadorable
05-05-2008, 03:50 AM
good suggestions from corndogz.

also you make sense Ukyo - you are indeed mature for a 26 year old kid!

ankle spawn my elderly friend heh heh! from now on i'll give you extra respect as due a senior. the 70's FTW? not really, we got shotchanged on everything, even the cold war! remember those blue vs red maps of the world? i think we still have a few lying around the place. you guys had an extra few years to live the illusion!

indeed, we look back to those games and go like "man those were the days". but they were the days - we were children, everything's better when you're a kid. if there's a time in gaming i don't miss it's the mid-90's. those were really bad times for gaming, with few exceptions. i'm sure many disagree.

i mean, memories play tricks on you - i routinely download all the retro stuff from XBLA, and it's typically only good for a couple of days and that's it - yie ar kung fu, xevious, gyruss, rush 'n' attack (ok, "Green Beret" to the rest of the world)...all the same. we can't seriously claim these hold a candle to modern titles, but they will always have their place as pioneers. we salute them.

and sure thing Ankle, we can hook up and take some of these punks to school.

xymon81
05-05-2008, 05:56 AM
final fantasy 1

ankle_spawn
05-05-2008, 09:23 AM
c'mon Neo, im not THAT old! you dont need to bow face to the floor when you talk to me, even though it helps my self-esteem :D
fortunately i was too young in the 70s to live those things, but we had our share of sad times here, on the other side of the ocean. but we were children, as you write, so we just recall the fun times...and the videogames :)

i have not spent money on the XBLA yet, because i wait for my favourite games to show up, if they ever will. and i'm so afraid it will soon turn into disappointment, because, as we realized, those games may look great just using our childhood eyes. maybe, i think, maybe, those games have better rest in peace, in our videogaming graveyard; we could keep on loving them more than i think would be possible, after ACTUALLY playing them again, now :|

neoadorable
05-06-2008, 12:55 AM
true that ankle. it's best to let them go and just hold on to the memories. i remember back when the Op Wolf remix came on out on the PC - looked just like the arcade and all, but of course i couldn't wait to get back to whatever modern game i was playin at the time.

heh being born in the 60's doesn't make you old at all - only a few years older than me. just means you had a few more years to have fun with those games. ok i won't call you senior no more!

and you need to buy something from Live bro, gotta show em there's interest otherwise they won't bring out diddly squat.

BTW GTA IV made me recall Empire City, what an awesome rail shooter! tough as hell tho.

runninglizard55
05-06-2008, 01:49 AM
how about rouge trip? does anyone but me remember that? or vigilante 8 perhaps?

Dog Of Thunder
05-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Vigilante 8 was awesome. Until Twisted Metal Black.

Anyways, props to whomever suggested Battle of Olympus, that one was a classic. I'd love to see what a twisted genius could do with General Chaos from the Genesis. Hell, they could re-release the original on XBLA now and it'd be a hit.

Abez Meister
05-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Alex the Kid was awesome back in the day, wish they would pick up the series again.

ankle_spawn
05-06-2008, 09:01 AM
I have not tried GTA yet, i bought it but its still sealed; its not that i dont wanna play it, i guess its because i want to maximize the wait, the hunger for it...im a bit weirdo, i know :)

in the while i have other stuff to play and boost, of course :P
cant recall Empire City, must be lost somewhere in my memories, age does this :D

i did buy xbla, quite a bunch, but i prefer investing on newer titles, not the coinops i spent so much money and time on during those "happy days" :) for example i got zuma and marble blust...2 great Bi...es about achievements :mad:

exo-apollo
05-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Bring on some more Commander Keen

Facial La Fleur
05-06-2008, 11:06 AM
As far as I've seen there hasn't been many if any BMX games to come out in a while and non on the 360 that I'm aware of. I'd like to see another Dave Mirra game or something of the like. Tony Hawk games are still going strong and I've always enjoyed BMX more than skating so why not another BMX game. Surely there must still be a market for it, don't ya think?

runninglizard55
05-06-2008, 01:08 PM
As far as I've seen there hasn't been many if any BMX games to come out in a while and non on the 360 that I'm aware of. I'd like to see another Dave Mirra game or something of the like. Tony Hawk games are still going strong and I've always enjoyed BMX more than skating so why not another BMX game. Surely there must still be a market for it, don't ya think?
i loved the first dave mirra game! i actually liked it better than the mat hoffman game. until dave mirra xxx came out that is...

[Waggly Bean]
05-06-2008, 01:15 PM
how about rouge trip? does anyone but me remember that? or vigilante 8 perhaps?

Guys!! Vigilante 8 IS coming to XBLA.

Under the title of Vigilante 8 Arcade. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigilante_8_Arcade

I was dead excited when I found out. Although I'd rather have Twisted Metal World Tour. But we can't have everything...!

Atrum N 3 X
05-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I've been wanting a remake of Square Enix's (then Squaresoft) Vagrant Story ever since the PS2 came out. It didnt get much popularity, but it was such an awesome action rpg. Since Square Enix is stopping exclusives with Sony after the next Final Fantasy, it could happen...

edd__
05-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I'd love some SNES games to be replecated identically (but with achievements) onto the 360, but it'd only happen if Nintendo went bust.
Which is highly unlikely :(

Gaurdy3G
05-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Sonic Chaos for the Game Gear. first game i ever completed. and i still love it.

neoadorable
05-07-2008, 12:18 AM
that marble game was really a remake of marble madness from the amiga, so in a way we did get a stealth retro release. i frequently buy stuff on XBLA, often i don't even play it more than a couple of times. cases in point: Super Contra and Battlezone. yikes. but i still suggest you purchase stuff regularly, it sends a message and really doesn't cost much.

other titles i'd like to play again are Faery Tale Adventure and Dragon Master. or was it Dragon Lord? i think in Europe it was Dragon Breath, amazingly enough!

Fly
05-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Bubsy, arcade version. It'll be shit if it's 3d.

Evelas Andros
05-07-2008, 07:30 AM
I wish that they'd make a remake of Tenchu 2: birth of the stealth assassins which was originally made for the PS1, and also, the XBOX tenchu game would be awesome to have on the 360!:D I love the tenchu games and Tenchu Z was a horrible horrible game.

I have to agree though, battletoads would be a real treat to have on the 360.

ankle_spawn
05-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Yep, i should buy some more, but im always too deep into boosting and playing the games i love (for which i spend FAR more :) ) that i usually forget to look into Marketplace :(

dragon breath u say? yuk, that sounds rpg to me, and usually those have on me the same effects light has on a vampire :D

The Current
05-07-2008, 09:52 PM
They should bring back at least one of the X-COM games from the PC, preferably UFO:Enemy Unknown

[Waggly Bean]
05-08-2008, 12:22 PM
They should bring back at least one of the X-COM games from the PC, preferably UFO:Enemy Unknown

Didn't they release UFO: Enemy Unknown on the PS1? I'm sure that was the one. An isometric stretegy-looking game. I always loved the look of it, and I used to search for it for cheap in all the preowned sections when I was younger. It was one of those that never reduced in price though dammit! I remember bloody Gamestation having it for 29.99 Used. This was back when Gamestation used to hand-write the prices on the stickers!

Anyway, I would definitely like to see that on XBLA, as I never got to play it first time round! (Or should that be second as the PC version would've come first?)

neoadorable
05-09-2008, 12:36 AM
hey ankle, dragon master/breath was a very fun strategy title, not RPG. it was awesome.

all this talk of retro made me go and buy Gauntlet AND Pac Man. now, both were coin ops i didn't care for back in the day and this holds true now...Gauntlet is a horrible game. how the hell did it ever win so many awards? this just goes to show how far we've come.

ThrawnOmega
05-09-2008, 12:44 AM
+1 more for Bubble Bobble. 1st 2 player co-op game I ever played LOL.

I also want to see Sega put out Sonic and Knuckles (we've got 1 and 2, so why stop the Sonic love?) and Dinosaurs for Hire. +1,000 respect points for anyone who remembers that game and enjoyed it like I did. It'll probably never happen:(

kiwi18
05-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong Racing.

neoadorable
05-13-2008, 05:32 AM
hmm yes anything xcom and jagged alliance would be awesome. also from that era, crusader no remorse!

Method
05-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Definitely Contra with the ability to input a 30 life code! And I know it's not rare but another KOTOR would be cool too.

neoadorable
05-14-2008, 03:46 AM
what the two Contra titles on Live weren't enough for ya?! even with 30 lives those are way too hard..

Parkerktm
05-14-2008, 05:27 AM
Super Mario Cart

Croc (Whatever that game on PS1 was called)

oh and the greatest game of all time

Donkey Kong ;)

Hellknight79
05-14-2008, 07:10 AM
I don't know it this counts, but I think an updated version of Road Rash would be awesome! Riding motorcycles and beating people with blunt objects ftw!

neoadorable
05-15-2008, 12:40 AM
road rash was pretty cool, good call there.

DreadfulCorpse
05-15-2008, 12:15 PM
loadrunner :)

slim01
05-15-2008, 12:29 PM
road rash wud indeed be great...

i also wud love to see some ace games tht i never got to play... with achievments added - like shemue pack.
wht i wud LOVE is sonic cd. it was supposed to be the best sonic ever... and ive yet to play it... esp with achievments on xbla-a.
i think it'd be ace id they released a retail pack a bit lik they did a while ago for the ps2 and that, called sonic mega collection plus with all the old sonic games on there... cos the new ones SUCK... big time. If they released a new pack for the xbox and ps3 with
sonic cd
sonic adventure 1
sonic adevnture 2

then i think theyd clear their name givin them enough time do actually do sumthing cool with a new sonic game. dont u guys think?

also games id love to see are....
1)Apidya >>> an ace side scrolling wasp shooter <amiga>
2)Pinball dreams, pinball fantasies and pinball illusions. THE best pinball ever made.... nothing in the last 10 years has come close. was made by digital illusions <amiga>

slim01
05-15-2008, 12:36 PM
so guys, i think it would be well cool if we cold get the games we all love onto xbla... so why dont we make a thread with people just mainly voting, keepiong track of the post, then make a petition for the top few or sumthing?

ill try run a score count on this thread but im not very good with forrums, so if sum1 else has sum ideaas, let me know!!... we could do it so that when people reply they can change the number (eg) from 1 vote to two?

Votes = (1) SONIC CD

slim01
05-15-2008, 12:38 PM
so copy and paste the voting thing, if u want to vote for game thats already here add 1? till we get a large total? i dunno.... eg

Votes = (1) SONIC CD
Votes = (1) Shemue

slim01
05-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Votes = (1) SONIC CD (sega saturn CD)
Votes = (1) Shemue (Dreamcast)
Votes = (1) Tenchu - Stealth assassins (ps1)

DCS 23
05-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Skitchin, streets of rage 1,Shadow Dancer,Zombies Ate my Neighbours..to name a few..
i love it..**WORMS ARMAGEDDON**
**THRASHER SKATE AND DESTROY**

Royle
05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Bust-a-Move would be sick! Space Invaders off the PS1 that was the best game ever. Last game would be Crash Bandicoot that was so original at the time and if it was released onto the arcade it would have achievements.

neoadorable
05-16-2008, 01:46 AM
slim good idea but never gonna work like that. ask the mods about getting a petition going. i'm 100% behind you but don't ask me to help...

Atrum N 3 X
05-16-2008, 03:50 AM
and Dinosaurs for Hire. +1,000 respect points for anyone who remembers that game and enjoyed it like I did.

Hahaha I remember that game. My little brother got it for his birthday one year, and we played the hell out of it. I really can't remember if we ever beat it though... I remember being stuck on the movie studio level.

there was some horrible 2D tank game on my Aunt's computer when I was little where you took turns shooting at eachother and you had to judge your angle over mountains and stuff. You could also buy better weapons like small nukes or napalm. Yeah I want that brought back...

KolaNut
05-16-2008, 12:10 PM
The rest of Streets of Rage
Commander Keen
Donkey Kong

slim01
05-16-2008, 01:10 PM
seems a lot of guys want streets of rage on here!! ace!! get that petition goin, the original was by far the best and all weve got is 2... :(

Joe Boy 1986
05-16-2008, 01:55 PM
i'd love to see marvel vs capcom or killer instinct

runninglizard55
05-16-2008, 03:50 PM
bubble bobble gets my vote or how about skate or die?