PDA

View Full Version : Renting games on Lovefilm

spidercallum
04-29-2008, 07:08 PM
First things first, anyone who's signed up before, how long did it take for them to verify your bank details? I've signed up for the 3month trial, its been 24 hours now and its not been verified, even though it says it should only take one hour. It says to re-enter your details if you're still not verified, did that and 10hours later it's still not done...

Next thing, is what's it like with renting games? Do you ever receive them? Read somewhere that you never get sent them even if you only have games on your list...

iNSANiTY
04-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Yes! It did that to me ,dont worry it will be fine.

Yes , You put a list of games into a list and they will send you 2 at a time. When you are done seal them back up , send it back and a new one will be on the way!

edd__
04-29-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm on lovefilm but only for films (atm), but i've never had any problems with them, after almost a year. Very good service, speedy and useful.
If you use the priorities stuff then it's really useful. Basically, you have to have a list of >10 films/games, and if you set one as high priorities, then that's the one you'll get next (unless they're out of stock). If everything's medium, then they'll take one at random. Very good service in my opinion.

The payments seem fine to me, but some people have problem at first sign up

spidercallum
04-29-2008, 07:27 PM
ahh it isn't only me then :P thanks :)
how long did it take them to verify it for you?
i'm just getting impatient, i want too play new gamessss but got underpaid this month so can't afford any :(
how long have you been with them? had any problems?

iNSANiTY
04-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Nope , not any problems so far. I messaged them about verifying it , but at this time of night they wont be working so it wont be verified until tommorrow!

If you are verified tommorrow with games you may be sent 2 tommorrow for thursday.

spidercallum
04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
ahh that'd be good :P
i signed up last night, and wasn't verified today, so kinda annoying really :P

when people say about not having two offers in one household, i think my dad signed up for a free trial months and months ago but never carried on using the service.. do you think this will affect my free trial? i hope not!

iNSANiTY
04-29-2008, 07:34 PM
If he used the same credit card details ase you are now you need to message them. I signed up twice but I accidently made a wrong account , so I messaged them and they closed the wrong account and verified the right one.

spidercallum
04-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Just asked him, he doesn't have an account now, cancelled about a month ago, so now i signed up with the 3 month free trial, using a different credit card...

shouldn't have any problems then? :)

iNSANiTY
04-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Nope , dont think so. Should be verified tommorrow , if not message them!

spidercallum
04-29-2008, 07:50 PM
ah thanks a lot :)
yeah shall send them a email tomorrow evening if it hasn't been verified..

is it hard of getting hold of the new games when they're released?
i wanna rent GTA to see what it's like, i bet id have to wait like a year to get hold of it though :P

martin88
04-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Never used them for games.

They promised me a free chart CD with my trial. I met all the requirements, but still nothing, despite several emails and several replies with apoligys for the delay.

spidercallum
04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah i've heard they can be unreliable with stuff like this, but so long as they get the games to me on time ill be happy!

edd__
04-29-2008, 08:57 PM
I've read/heard many times that they're unreliable and stuff, but i've never experienced it myself.

Bear in mind it might not have been verified as it might need an actual person to do it. So wait until office hours tomorrow or something.

I'm tempted to sign up for a games account with a different name and credit card because id love more games but cant afford them. But as ive preordered Rock Band, i dont see much point in signing up as ill be playing that practically all the time ;D

Let me know if the service is good though, if you don't mind. Cos it is tempting.

spidercallum
04-29-2008, 09:43 PM
yeah its tempting alright :P
i don't have enough money to keep forking out 40 per game, especially considering i complete half of them in a week.. so i'm just gonna start renting them, complete them (if they're good games), send them back, get the next one.. then if there's a game i really liked online or something, i'll probably buy it when the price has gone down a bit..
this way it'll cost me 20 a month max (getting 3 games at a time) and i'll probably complete every hit title that comes out without paying the huge amounts of money for them :woop:

edd__
04-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Personally, i really don't think 3 at a time is necessary :\ Considering that if you post a game back before 5pm on a Monday (for example), you'll get a replacement on Wednesday. So imho you'd be better off saving the couple of each month by just getting 1 or 2 at a time, and then possibly having to cope for a day or two without a game at some points.
Just my $0.02

bAteseh
04-30-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm on LoveFilm aswell, bank account got verified straight away and games were sent out in a matter of days :)

spidercallum
04-30-2008, 09:19 AM
I emailed them last night, was kinda weird how they hadn't verified my account even though it had been about 48 hours. They got back to me first thing this morning.

They said that the reason i hadn't been verified and fully activated was because someone in my household had previously had a 3 month trial before, which is true, as my dad has had two with different credit cards.
What I don't get is how he had two yet i'm not allowed one :mad:

Do you think if I were to change my address (to my girlfriends address), and then re-enter my bank details it would work? Then once the 3 month trial is up, if I still like the service I will carry on paying for it and change my address back to my own.
Any one done this?

And yeah, I'll probably only pay for 2 dvds/games at a time once the trials up, if i ever get it :confused:

bAteseh
04-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I emailed them last night, was kinda weird how they hadn't verified my account even though it had been about 48 hours. They got back to me first thing this morning.

They said that the reason i hadn't been verified and fully activated was because someone in my household had previously had a 3 month trial before, which is true, as my dad has had two with different credit cards.
What I don't get is how he had two yet i'm not allowed one :mad:

Do you think if I were to change my address (to my girlfriends address), and then re-enter my bank details it would work? Then once the 3 month trial is up, if I still like the service I will carry on paying for it and change my address back to my own.
Any one done this?

And yeah, I'll probably only pay for 2 dvds/games at a time once the trials up, if i ever get it :confused:

If it's the same as how Amazon works, I think you can register in one address and dispatch to another.

edd__
04-30-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm sure that'd be fine, but try and make it less obvious that the guy they just said can't have the free trial is just trying to get around the system. If that makes sense. Like if you use all your girlfriends details inc. name, just keep your credit card

spidercallum
04-30-2008, 05:37 PM
I emailed them back and said it was a shared account for me and my girlfriend, which in a way it is as somewhere down the line im sure we'll rent a couple of movies or some wii games for her (mariokarrttt :Bounce:)

but yeah, i said would it be okay if they could change my delivery address to hers (i couldnt change it, didn't let me unless my account was activated), they got back to me and said that that would be fine, changed the details over, and told me that i don't have to worry about paying or anything as i still have my 3 month trial and that this won't run out til the 25th of july.
result! they said my dvds/games would be with me within the next couple of days..
tbh they were actually really nice and helpful, took them about 8hours to send 4 or 5 emails and change my account details, most sites that would take a week :P

so far, i like them :)

edd__
04-30-2008, 06:47 PM
nice, worked out pretty well i'd say.
Where'd you get the 3 month free trial?
*cough* hint hint

spidercallum
04-30-2008, 08:41 PM
hahaa, it was from a friend, they got a couple in the post a couple of months back i think, apparently they send quite a few offers out so i'll let you know :D

Chojin
05-01-2008, 10:47 AM
First things first, anyone who's signed up before, how long did it take for them to verify your bank details? I've signed up for the 3month trial, its been 24 hours now and its not been verified, even though it says it should only take one hour. It says to re-enter your details if you're still not verified, did that and 10hours later it's still not done...

Next thing, is what's it like with renting games? Do you ever receive them? Read somewhere that you never get sent them even if you only have games on your list...

im on the 3 month trial also (ends end of this month)

i've had one instance where i got sent a film instead of a game but i soon reported it online and got sent a replacement rental from my list.

the only problem i've found is that if you put half a dozen shite games on your list and half a dozen popular titles and set the ones you want as HIGH priority and the rest as low you'll never get the top titles.

like ive wanted LOST for ages and kept everything else on low priority, but never got it.

P.S i've heard that you can cancel your 3 month trial and not get charged and then keep using the same code for 3 months over and over....

iNSANiTY
05-01-2008, 04:10 PM
hahaa, it was from a friend, they got a couple in the post a couple of months back i think, apparently they send quite a few offers out so i'll let you know :D

I got my code of my guitar teacher and he uses the same code all the time , just do that!

spidercallum
07-19-2008, 01:17 PM
sorry to bring this back up, but yes it is possible to use the same code!
aslong as you cancel your membership before the free trial runs out, you'll keep your account on lovefilm, you just won't be able to rent dvds and games... you then just sign back into your account, and sign up for a new rental subscription, put in your code (which can be found quite easily on 'money saving forums' by searching lovefilm promo codes etc on google), put your code in and away you go, another 3 month trial!
free games forever! well, 3 months if you really want to keep one game that long ;D

Morty
07-19-2008, 03:44 PM
im going to get a 3month trial but im now worried that something might go wrong. But is it ok normally?