PDA

View Full Version : prey online lag

micck
08-01-2006, 03:09 PM
is the lag a problem for everyone or just me

Butters
08-01-2006, 04:40 PM
EVERYONE... I hate the fact that every room can barely hold anything above 4-6 people, 8 is just out of the question.

Dex
08-02-2006, 03:03 AM
The first time I played online, it was so much lag, I almost never played online again. The other 3 guys in the game wern't complaining much, so I thought it was just me.

I tried again a few days later, just a 2-player game, and it was so smooth... 100% lag-free!

excessum01
08-02-2006, 05:30 AM
even if it didnt lag... online is so boring

xX MaslaN Xx
08-02-2006, 05:38 AM
its everyware...try to find a small room

HarassmentPanda
08-02-2006, 06:08 AM
The lag in this game online is just terrible. It might be pretty fun if that issue was resolved!

xX MaslaN Xx
08-02-2006, 06:40 AM
The lag in this game online is just terrible. It might be pretty fun if that issue was resolved!
oh yea! when u find a good room trust me you'll have a ball :)

Maka
08-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Online would have to be the best part of the Game... Just never join a game wih over 6 possible players and never Quick Match, If no choice than sometimes people can support 8...

Cola Alone
08-02-2006, 01:12 PM
I always host my own room, so its not a problem for me. My rooms must not lag THAT much since lots of the same people seem to keep coming back and playing matches.

xX MaslaN Xx
08-02-2006, 01:15 PM
when I rented this game, that last day I had it I found a guy that can host a room of 8 with out lag, I tell ya i followed that guy all day like a little school girl...what I'm trying to say is if u find a good host STICK WITH HIM lol you'll have a good time

seantak
08-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Its weird looking at a room and everyone is frozen pointing guns at each other. Then as soon as the lag clears and the barrier is gone you see all of these gamers firing like crazy. Its a race to see who can get the first head shot since you are looking directly at someone but frozen.

ThaMyth
08-21-2006, 03:03 AM
they have 2 updates coming in the next month from two of the developers of prey, one fixes the lag =]

Hawformel06910
09-11-2006, 03:10 AM
Okay so I played the demo for this game and then i went and rented it. I thought the demo sucked , but when I got the game I thought it was really neat, but the online was horrible. It would be an amazing online experience if the lag wasn;t so bad. The reason for the lag is because Prey is on the same server as DOOM which is a game for xbox if you have ever played that game on live then you will understand where I am coming from. It is a problem that can;t be fixed because it is an internal problem with the servers that the game is hosted on. I seriously would of bought the game if it wasn't for the lag because it is a really neat game even though the storyline wasn't the greatest.

shiningcheese
10-12-2006, 01:01 AM
i wish i could even experience the lag because i can't ever connect to a damn game. I want to finish off these achievements but i can't due to the fact I can't ever connect. I would say my internet sucks but i play halo 2 online all the time lag free and easily connecting to matches. I guess I will probably have to just suck it up and say F it

IceWarm
12-03-2006, 09:09 PM
The insane amount of lag is why I didn't bother going for any of the online achievements. The online is just no fun with that amount of lag.

x lazybonesuk x
12-05-2006, 03:37 AM
wow i thought this was just my (pardon my french ) shitty ass conection

but since every else has it anyways i didnt like the online gameplay nobody speaks lol