PDA

View Full Version : Robbery and Thief Superguide

Apple
04-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Robbery

1. Contrary to the achievement guide, use the cheat "Last Chance" (super wall climb)

2. As soon as the http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/rs.png symbol comes up, Click and Hold it down, then move the http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/rs.png in the direction of the red triangle (or wall)

3. Make sure you are setting your outfielders to Deep every time a different batter gets to the plate

Thief

1. If you steal and your batter gets a home run, it won't count.

2. Always set your batter to "don't swing" by pressing the http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/leftdpad.png down after you have pressed http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/b.png to get into the steal position.

folkster7
05-15-2008, 09:54 PM
do you have recommendations for players/teams to use, cuz i always get out

rsxdelerium
05-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Use any team you wants just move the sliders to the right and only go for stealing 2nd base .. should work just fine

JC
07-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the tips Apple. :)

longdillon1
10-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Hello. I couldnt get this fucking achievment for the life of me. The I got 4 in one game. If they pop fly and it goes foul, you can do a wall climb and it counts towards this achievement. I used the NY Yankees against the Devil Rays! Just leep tryin as it is a bitch!

damcrac
01-12-2009, 03:38 AM
did this achievement against the yankee team i edited for the scoring and homers achievements. played in boston with super wall climbs and got it first try. couldn't do the guides way, I gave up after it being 195-0 in the 5th inning and no achiev.

gdozer1
01-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Use any team you wants just move the sliders to the right and only go for stealing 2nd base .. should work just fine

As long as your sliders are all moved, you can easily steal 3rd base as well.

Digilearner
01-30-2009, 09:31 PM
did this achievement against the yankee team i edited for the scoring and homers achievements. played in boston with super wall climbs and got it first try. couldn't do the guides way, I gave up after it being 195-0 in the 5th inning and no achiev.

Ditto. Only it was 55-0 in the third inning.

But anyways, just want to confirm that this way is brilliant. Made the Yankees all powerful and then just used the Dodgers, went to Boston with Last Chance on, first homerun (which was the second guy up to bat), I ran up the wall and got the achievement. Literally took 45 seconds after starting the game.

This way works great, I highly recommend it. This was after doing the Cooperstown vs. Yankees way for about 3 hours.

KeepEmRolling
04-20-2009, 06:16 PM

But anyways, just want to confirm that this way is brilliant. Made the Yankees all powerful and then just used the Dodgers, went to Boston with Last Chance on, first homerun (which was the second guy up to bat), I ran up the wall and got the achievement. Literally took 45 seconds after starting the game.

This way works great, I highly recommend it. This was after doing the Cooperstown vs. Yankees way for about 3 hours.

I want to thank you guys for ending my frustration with this achievement. Just did the above method in around 10 minutes after also spending a couple hours on the Coop vs Yanks

Mr.Teflondon187
04-21-2009, 05:33 AM
I found that playing at cincinnati reds stadium was the easiest to get the robbery acheveiment.

veece16
04-22-2009, 04:22 AM
pick the yankees as your team and enter the derek jeter cheat, make the other team one of the best and play in pnc park, u should get is no problem

The Cripplers
05-04-2009, 07:41 AM
This works perfectly. Finally got this achievement 3 years after first playing the game.

orange20
06-20-2009, 09:15 PM
i just picked this up to boost and i cant figure it out for the life of me. how the hell do u move sliders for the teams. i cant even find edit roster. this game is horrible.

TGI PassionPiG
07-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the tips apple, ive had this game stuck on 500gs for years now its ridiculous! Gonna finish this game later this week hopefully

NeoRizer
08-13-2009, 11:59 PM
For some reason I can't understand what a "successful" steal means...

I just stole 25 bases in my last game and it never gave me the achievement.

I followed exactly what you said...didn't get home runs, sometimes my guys even got an out just after the guy stole the base.

So what counts as successful? I noticed that my guy always gets caught running and I have to slide to the next base but I end up safe...so that should technically be successful, right?

Jedi ObiJoe
08-14-2009, 08:51 PM
This game sucks! I got it to boost my score and it is way too complicated for some reason. This guide helped a lot. After several tries for robbery I decided to check the threads. Thanks for this got it in the first inning of the next game.

To orange20:

To change the individual player sliders:

Main Menu - Management - Roster - Select Player - Edit Player - RT or LT to get the the info you want to change

To change the overall game sliders:

Main Menu - My 2K6 - My Setting - Difficulty - RT or LT to adjust different parts

Kyaizen
08-15-2009, 08:48 PM
This game pisses me off... severely... I can't get the stealing bases one because I can never get to first fucking base! Grr... This game is shit.

TheFalcon
12-20-2009, 10:18 PM

this method worked perfectly. got the robbery at the 5th batter.

Shaftiel
01-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Thx, worked like a charm. Much clearer than the original guide version.

xDEAD SHOTTYx
01-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Followed the Robbery portion of the guide and got the achievement in the 1st inning.

MeeT KurTinZ
07-11-2010, 07:59 AM
fuck man.....i've been trying robbery for hours.....they are hitting a million homeruns but they are always hit so deep that i dont ever get the "RS" icon.

any suggestions?
thx

Adrian West
11-29-2010, 02:12 PM
You don't click RS it will come up on the screen wall climb in which you push the Right analog Stick in the direction shown.

bobafett_esb
03-14-2011, 04:39 AM

.....and done.

Thanks!

RezidentGeniuz
06-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the tip on the robbery achievement, I got it in the 1st inning.

Bobalue
07-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks Apple, worked like a charm!

thrashhhh
08-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Gonna try this way out tonite as the way at PNC park hasn't been working for me tried for 2 hrs last night

edit: finallly got this stupid achievement with this method