PDA

View Full Version : There are other games out there...

theconodontuk
04-30-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm not knocking GTA (I'm sure it's a fine game although not my cup of tea), or the players of GTA (well balanced members of the gaming community I'm sure) and I am not trying to incite a flaming war but.....

Did you know there are other games out there...? The forums are stuffed with GTA this that or the other, and I reckon that by the end of the week everyone should have clocked 100% and there should be no need to go on about it...

[Waggly Bean]
04-30-2008, 01:17 PM
You just need to accept that people love this franchise. I won't be buying this until I can get it a bit cheaper, but I can see why people are getting excited about it. It's only the same as the way people bum Gears of War really.

You're always going to have games that stand out more than others, whether it's for a good reason or not. In GTA's case, it's the controversy that's made it such a big thing, but it is still a good game in it's own right. :)

PnutButrSkippy
04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
its def a great game, but seriously, it just came out. because its a huge franchise its gonna suck in a good majority of gamers. its more or less the same as when halo 3 came out. it appealed to the majority and that is where they spent their first week after the game came out. give it time and people will start to go back to other games.

lid
04-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Everything will go back to normal in due time. People will start playing other games... if good ones start coming out.

Jetpac
04-30-2008, 10:13 PM
I am the same, i try really hard to like GTA but i just dont, not my type of game, although all the multiplayer modes do tempt me to get it!

but yea as has been said its a brand new game and possibly the biggest game release of the year things will be back to normal once the shinyness has worn off :P

Impulse
05-01-2008, 11:21 PM
It's a good game, give it the credit it deserves, the reviews say enough...

Same happens with many games.. Look at COD4, when that first came out, everyone on my friends list was playing it..

she haunts me
05-01-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm not knocking GTA (I'm sure it's a fine game although not my cup of tea), or the players of GTA (well balanced members of the gaming community I'm sure) and I am not trying to incite a flaming war but.....

Did you know there are other games out there...? The forums are stuffed with GTA this that or the other, and I reckon that by the end of the week everyone should have clocked 100% and there should be no need to go on about it...

If you're not trying to get flamed what are you trying to do? Of course there is other games out there, we all know that. But none pack the punch that the GTA games do. Like you weren't addicted to Halo 3 or Gears, etc. when they released.

You can expect people to be playing this for a long time. So suck it up.

Are you sad you don't have friends to play with or something?

Tussell
05-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Are you blind? Or do you not just see the rest of the forum. If you can't, then I'll tell you what's on it. Over 100 other game forums! ;)

Clearly you should realize that this happens with every big release.

Jahmuz
05-02-2008, 12:01 AM
GTA is one of the best known franchises in the gaming industry. It gets a ton of press coverage, (which draws more attention to it) and is one of the most widely known games. When the PS2 was in its early days, when someone said "Playstation 2", people associated it with Grand Theft Auto 3. (My personal fave of the series, but I'm yet to play IV.)
As for me, GTA IV can wait. I'm in no rush to get it, but its on my list.
No one is stopping you from playing other games though, so I dunno. :]

J eVeRy DaY 514
05-02-2008, 01:30 AM
yeah, like tussel said, this happens with every big-game release, on every forum.

this game is probably already in my top 3 for favorite 360 games so far, and i've only played it for less than 5 hours. this game is a classic already!

like Malibu once said, "don't be hatin'!"

neoadorable
05-02-2008, 03:34 AM
sure, i'm playing Conflict: Denied ops and will soon start on BF2:MC, which i got from a colleague of mine. those are about as anti-big hit as can be. of course there are other games, it's just that GTA has the hype and word of mouth factor in its favor.

theconodontuk
05-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Irony, people. I know that it is hard to write a sarcastic or ironic tone into a written message (shall I colour code it?). It probably doesn't read as well as it did in my head.
I know GTA is going to be big, like I expect Star Wars Force Unleashes to be big in the autumn (or whenever it gets released).
If you trawl around you would see I've also posted about GTA (admittedly a 'viral' piss take of the new game) Everyone has their own thing, GTA is not mine.

neoadorable
05-02-2008, 10:13 AM
don't get discouraged by ppl not reading your post as you intended, it happens to everybody. sure is hard to express yourself without depicting emotions, but that's also the beauty of forums!

Jahmuz
05-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Irony, people. I know that it is hard to write a sarcastic or ironic tone into a written message (shall I colour code it?). It probably doesn't read as well as it did in my head.
I know GTA is going to be big, like I expect Star Wars Force Unleashes to be big in the autumn (or whenever it gets released).
If you trawl around you would see I've also posted about GTA (admittedly a 'viral' piss take of the new game) Everyone has their own thing, GTA is not mine.
Just put [/sarcasm] or put it in italics.
Well, at the end of the day, people can choose what games they play. The hype will die down eventually, and will probably rise again with the DLC with the new missions. When the first thousand people have got the 1000, score whores will probably drop the game and move onto the next.

Watson bros
05-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Give it the credit its due, a really popular gaming franchise releases one of the most anticipated games this year, and its a stunner of a game, so i'm told.
So give it the credit its due.