PDA

View Full Version : Any games similiar to this?

JoeT1990
04-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Recently bought Viking: Battle for Asgard and I must say it is the most fun I have had in a good while. The epic battles are the best about. However Im almost certain there are other games out there that are almost similiar i.e Hack n Slash. This game reminds me of the God of War series and of Spartan: Total Warrior both for the PS2. Just wondering if there any other similiar games out there that would bring more fun to my gaming.

Thank you.

ShaunMichael80
04-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Recently bought Viking: Battle for Asgard and I must say it is the most fun I have had in a good while. The epic battles are the best about. However Im almost certain there are other games out there that are almost similiar i.e Hack n Slash. This game reminds me of the God of War series and of Spartan: Total Warrior both for the PS2. Just wondering if there any other similiar games out there that would bring more fun to my gaming.

Thank you.

Conan is very similar to Viking, but not nearly as good. Also Devil May Cry 4 is a hack and slash but IMO not as good as Viking.

JoeT1990
04-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Ah, just I like games that are basically all about killing other things/people. Im kind of annoyed that Viking is so short :(. Done the campaign on normal now trying on hard so I get more gameplay value out of it.

Thank you so far.

Shinobi273
04-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Ninty Nine Nights (N3) is an epic hack and slash that is super cheap. Very nice graphics, and you would likely enjoy the gameplay. Another you might consider is Bladestorm: Hundred Years War. It is even more epic than N3 but has less combos and super moves, more strategy involved, and costs more than double N3.

JoeT1990
04-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Bladestorm looks good. I like games that involve massive armies :P

v_thorne
04-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Conan is very similar to Viking, but not nearly as good. Also Devil May Cry 4 is a hack and slash but IMO not as good as Viking.
*gasp* How can you say that? The DMC series is effing amazing. Been a huge fan myself for a long time.

But yeah, I rented Viking and I'm just gonna go ahead and buy it, it is a lot of fun.
Conan and Beowulf are also pretty similar, but Beowulf is frusterating and I wouldn't recommend it. Neither are nearly as fun as Viking. Hopefully there will be a sequal, I love Norse mythology

LegitLostLegend
04-30-2008, 11:28 PM
N3 is a pretty decent hack and slash ffor the price

Cheezbrgr
05-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Haven't played viking, but big fan of god of war. Should be made into a 360 title!

JoeT1990
05-01-2008, 09:07 PM
If you like god of war then im sure you would like Viking. You know the button style finishing moves u get to kill off big monsters (i.e the kraken on god of war 2) then that is on viking. Rent it first incase you dont like it.

neoadorable
05-02-2008, 04:13 AM
any of the Dynasty Warriors games, including Gundam. but those aren't as graphic as Viking, i'm sure.

Andrew14man
05-02-2008, 05:02 AM
any of the Dynasty Warriors games, including Gundam. but those aren't as graphic as Viking, i'm sure.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam was the most fun DW game IMO

I'm not saying ur going to love it, but try that game out :)

ShinUkyo
05-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I'd say N3 is a good bet. Epic battles, and you constantly combo the living hell outta the enemy troops. Very fun in the hack-n-slash sense, but as others said... it also has gorgeous and immersive graphics. One of my top games for the console, even though they took out the original Japanese voice tracks. You can find it really cheap nowadays; I got mine for five bucks brand-new. Not cheap because it's a bad game, just because it's been out for such a long time.

What you've said about Viking actually makes me wanna pick up THAT game. It looked good to begin with, not to mention it's made by Sega. Argh, more temptation.

UNDERWALLY
05-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Wow, if Viking is like Spartan: TW, I MUST PLAY IT! I loved Spartan, I must get this game

kiwi18
05-04-2008, 03:26 AM
Nnety Nine Nights is sorta like DMC. As for Viking, I can not say I know of any. Sorry I could not be of more help.

soccerplaya13cj
05-04-2008, 03:55 AM
My suggestion is wait for Ninja Gaiden II. I'm pretty sure that is a hack-and-slash style game, and the hype on it is unreal. The trailers look great.