PDA

View Full Version : I need a better way to get games...

lid
04-30-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble getting my hands on xbox 360 games and my gamerscore has been ascending slowly. I'll sit there for 24 hours non-stop playing, but it's just the matter of getting the games. Since I'm Canadian and don't have gamefly I either have to rent or buy, buying is too much money for me because I usually run through a game super quick for achievements and never play it again. I rent my games at blockbuster but they never really have any of the games I want, just new releases that are almost always out of stock. I'd try rogers video but the staff there are dicks, the games are more expensive to rent and look like they've been through a woodchipper when you open the case.

Any suggestions of a great way to get a hold of quality games easily and not too expensively? Thanks in advance :/

ShaunMichael80
04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble getting my hands on xbox 360 games and my gamerscore has been ascending slowly. I'll sit there for 24 hours non-stop playing, but it's just the matter of getting the games. Since I'm Canadian and don't have gamefly I either have to rent or buy, buying is too much money for me because I usually run through a game super quick for achievements and never play it again. I rent my games at blockbuster but they never really have any of the games I want, just new releases that are almost always out of stock. I'd try rogers video but the staff there are dicks, the games are more expensive to rent and look like they've been through a woodchipper when you open the case.

Any suggestions of a great way to get a hold of quality games easily and not too expensively? Thanks in advance :/

Blockbuster? Don't you guys have that? $20 a month and you get unlimited rentals

MaGiCaL MoNKeY MaN
04-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Blockbuster? Don't you guys have that? $20 a month and you get unlimited rentals
Yeah, what i was gonna say.

lid
04-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Well yeah blockbusters nice and all and renting is cheap enough there as it is but I want to get my hands on some older games that are nearly impossible to rent nowadays. When I sift through the bargain bins all I find is motogp's.

ShaunMichael80
04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Well yeah blockbusters nice and all and renting is cheap enough there as it is but I want to get my hands on some older games that are nearly impossible to rent nowadays. When I sift through the bargain bins all I find is motogp's.

I get all my games at blockbuster..I know that they have older games like the ones below...

GRAW
Gears of War
Gun
Bulletwitch
NBA2K6
Madden 06
King King

You wont find easier games then those

v_thorne
04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
I hate the fact that Canada doesn't have something as good like Gamefly. My 2 Blockbusters here suck, I feel your pain. It took me forever to find King Kong and I had to end up waiting buying it used from EB.

I'd suggest to just wait and buy everything used and cheap. Right now EB in Canada (dunno about the states) is having a red sticker sale on various games throughout the weeks. I picked up Superman Returns for $10 brand new the other day. They said they'd be changing the games every few days, so... try that.
Then you can go and sell those games to Blockbuster for probably more than you bought them for on clearance over at EB.

lid
05-01-2008, 01:11 AM
I hate the fact that Canada doesn't have something as good like Gamefly. My 2 Blockbusters here suck, I feel your pain. It took me forever to find King Kong and I had to end up waiting buying it used from EB.

I'd suggest to just wait and buy everything used and cheap. Right now EB in Canada (dunno about the states) is having a red sticker sale on various games throughout the weeks. I picked up Superman Returns for $10 brand new the other day. They said they'd be changing the games every few days, so... try that.
Then you can go and sell those games to Blockbuster for probably more than you bought them for on clearance over at EB.

Ahh you're a lifesaver man, I'll check it out. :D

Segnius
05-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Buy them and then sell them on ebay as soon as you get done with them. If it's still relatively popular when you sell it you can easily get more than half of your money back. This is for new games of course. For old games, just look on ebay/amazon for used ones and you can get them cheap.

MrPaypaChasa
05-01-2008, 04:00 AM
Canadian Gameflys?
I have found one I will edit my post if I can find some more. I don't live in Canada so I don't get ads for that stuff.

Here is one called Game Access (http://www.gameaccess.ca/)

Here is another one (http://getgames.ca/)

Cheezbrgr
05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
I have the exact same problem in australia. You can take advantage of EB games use their 7 days no-questions-asked policy.

You rent a game and you can return it (in working and good condition) with in 7 days if you don't like it. Just keep doing this over and over!

Jahmuz
05-02-2008, 12:33 AM
I have the exact same problem in australia. You can take advantage of EB games use their 7 days no-questions-asked policy.

You rent a game and you can return it (in working and good condition) with in 7 days if you don't like it. Just keep doing this over and over!
Surely there has to be some kind of law on that, but either way, I admire your craftiness. :p
Ebay or something would be your best bet. You could also try and borrow some games off some friends? Sorry I'm not that much help, but I hope i've helped a bit.

SandyMVP
05-02-2008, 01:19 AM
try getn a job or somethin, buyin aint that expensive

duckydan
05-03-2008, 05:00 PM
try getn a job or somethin, buyin aint that expensive

That's debateable. The average new game is $50 - $60 with the average older title being around $20-$30 used (sometimes you can find a deal on ebay). If you are like the OP playing games in 24 hour cycles then 10 games - 15 games a month can be over $500... that said if you are a one game or two game a month person it isn't that bad and you can accomidate that.