PDA

View Full Version : 14 Blocks ... the Method

Lord of Orion
05-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Hey everyone:

I was having a ridiculously hard time with this achievement and I decided to make a specific thread to tell you my method, which I can attest to working on three different profiles that I have tried.

Setup the game however you would like to, but make sure that your center has 99 blocks and 99 vertical for an easier time of doing this. From there, let the opponent, or the other controller (better idea) get the ball down low against your center. From there, have the opponent (other controller) shoot using the X button and he should do a hook shot or a turn-around jumper. Almost immediately after, you can hit the Y button on your profile's controller to initiate a good block on the person. I got 15 blocks the fastest in 5 minutes so it does not take too long to do.

I hope that this helps someone out there because it was frustrating for me and I figured this out. I used Kansas and took on UNC-Greensboro if you are wondering what teams I used.

Legend Has It 1
12-03-2008, 01:42 AM
The way I do it is edit my center just like you said and make em as tall as possible...then I'll change his position to PG that way when game comes around all you have to do is block a 3 from top of the key. 2 controller method obviously.

bradley619
12-19-2008, 11:37 AM
i dont have the online achievements for nhl 2k8 either

baddawg12
12-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Here's an easier way. Just get a tall Center and place them against a short PG and assign that center to the PG. Then using the 2 controller method, make the PG shoot while holding up on the right analog stick using the Center. It's an instant block.

TheChupacabra10
01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Good call baddawg, that is the same method i used and it worked like a charm, saved me so much frustration then trying to actually jump and time it

gdozer1
01-12-2009, 03:31 AM
Here's an easier way. Just get a tall Center and place them against a short PG and assign that center to the PG. Then using the 2 controller method, make the PG shoot while holding up on the right analog stick using the Center. It's an instant block.

Thanks for the tip. That worked perfectly.

spankyNspronkle
01-19-2009, 08:12 PM
OMG!!!

I tried for so long until i saw that use the center and press up on the right analog stick... took me 6 minutes to get all blocks...

Thanks so much!

FxUxNxK
02-02-2009, 02:16 PM
i was not able to edit my current players attributes, am i a wetawd? or is it unavailble?

KSizzle
02-10-2009, 09:48 PM

That is freakin brilliant dude...I am getting this game this week and glancing at the guide I was thinking thats alot of blocks..Thanks man...

JSMOKA22
03-30-2009, 03:20 AM
Hell Yeah just have the player put his hands up but i made all the other teams players 5'4 and got it in 3 min.
thnax i was having a hell of a time tryin 2 get this

kingjray
04-19-2009, 10:14 PM
What I did when I finally got it was to take the ballcarrier down to the lower corner of the screen or even behind the goal and position the defender right in front of him with the second controller. When in position I would hold up on the right stick (raising defenders arms) and then with the ballcarrier I would line him face to face and then push "B" just long enough to make him shoot. 9 times out of 10 it would be a block and sometimes you would even get the ball back. It took me a while but once you figure out how to do it this way it is easy.

baddawg12
04-21-2009, 01:33 PM
What I did when I finally got it was to take the ballcarrier down to the lower corner of the screen or even behind the goal and position the defender right in front of him with the second controller. When in position I would hold up on the right stick (raising defenders arms) and then with the ballcarrier I would line him face to face and then push "B" just long enough to make him shoot. 9 times out of 10 it would be a block and sometimes you would even get the ball back. It took me a while but once you figure out how to do it this way it is easy. That's almost what i said...but good job clarifying where to go.

kingrich06
04-24-2009, 04:43 AM
going to test it out after wasting 30 minutes trying the 07 way

thanks for the tips it worked

Dibs No Joust
06-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Holding up on the right thumb stick was key. Once you get the center to just hold his arms in the air, you can shoot into them until your face turns blue. Thanks for the tip!

Midnight Malice
06-04-2009, 06:07 PM
just used right stick method, took 5 minutes... thanks. This is the other achievement I dreaded doing along with 51 rebounds rembering how much of a pain it was from 07. this way was easy as hell.

LX PROTOCOL V2
06-13-2009, 06:22 PM
This should be a sticky or added to the guide. The guide is either wrong or not as good as it should be. It keeps saying that you can create 99 players. How? And its methods are not always the best. Someone on another forum suggestd it was a cut and paste from last year. I think that person might be right.

mig0
06-17-2009, 06:06 AM
I cant seem to get it to work. When I try the 2 controller method, I can't block the shots, my shooter hits the shot half the time, and another computer player constantly tries to (and usually succeeds in) steal the damned ball.

What defensive and offensive sets do you guys recommend? When I have the computer control the blocker & I use 2 controllers, I can get about 5 or 6 blocks but then all of a sudden my shooter starts to do fake outs even when i just touch the X button or b button.

mig0
07-04-2009, 05:54 AM
Figured out a slightly easier way to get this achievement. Editing players, you want your shooters to be 5'4 and your blocker to be 7'6. I dont think you need to edit any attributes. Setting your blocker at the top of the key (or out there) you will use the right analog stick to stick his arms up and then have your 2nd controller positioned right in front of the guy (put about a step or 2 distance between them) and then using the B button not X shoot the ball. It will usually be blocked by the blockers arm and there's a good chance the shooters team will recover the ball.

Budsing
07-21-2009, 02:38 AM
this has been a thorn in my side achievement

Jpratt
10-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I found my way i did it more helpful and quicker. Just create the tallest guy you can and put him at point guard, then with the second conrtoller hold the right thumb stick up and walk up to him and shoot its a block everytime.

Chuppernicus
11-01-2009, 01:19 AM

This is how I did it. A bit hard to get working while controlling 2 controllers but it does work. My team kept trying to box out the 2nd controller as I moved him to my "blocker". Great advice. If only the guy creating the guide would've given such good advice, that and actually played the game before he created the guide and could actually give tips that were useful and explained well.

DTF INFERNO
02-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Great Advice! I have always struggled with the block achievements in these basketball games, but with this method it was a breeze.

I suggest setting the defense to Man-to-Man. Made it a little easier for me.

SRJB
07-22-2010, 10:12 PM
awesome find

Bellend124
10-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Awesome. Anyone who reads this just make sure you let go of the ball while it is still blockable. Don't hold B all the way otherwise he will shoot over the block.

This method also works in NCAA March Madness 07