PDA

View Full Version : ICO - 2 Player co-op?

[Waggly Bean]
05-08-2008, 09:23 AM
OK I'm guessing nobody will really know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway....

So I've had Ico for years now, and I never did complete it. I was looking through Action Replay cheats the other day (I wouldn't normally use one but I was thinking of doing it to quickly blast through the games I never played/didn't complete as I don't use my PS2 much anymore), and I found a code for "2 player mode".

Now I did a bit of research and it seems that this 2 player mode is a legitimate mode (not some crappy hack like the big head/fast animations codes you get) that unlocks when you complete the game. So I'm thinking of using this code to play through the game with my gf.

My questions are: Is the 2 player mode good, or is it a bit of a tacked-on mode that feels wrong? Is it worth playing?

I guess I could test it whenever I wanted, but all my attention is on Earth Defense Force 2017 atm because it's so awesome.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Melo2010
06-07-2008, 04:53 AM
Never heard of the 2 player mode but thats cool. Can't remember the game well but there was some hidden stuff like watermelons and i think a lightsaber?maybe?not sure?

[Waggly Bean]
06-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah, there was a lightsaber and the melons at the end slightly change the end sequence. (It's not really worth it though). The lightsaber on the other hand is awesome, as it grows massive while you're holding Yorda's hand, giving you a massive reach!

So I played through Ico in 2 player after all, and it was really really good. The 2 player didn't work amazingly, as the person controlling Yorda obviously has no control over the camera. So essentially the one playing as Ico can totally screw the other person up. However, it's quite good to have someone as Yorda to run away from the shadowdemons rather than just being captured ALL the time!

Overall, the 2 player mode isn't that amazing, but is a nice little addition to an already great game. I'm definitely glad I went back and did it after all!