PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on XBLA in Q1 2007

graf1k
08-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Kaz Hirai's triumphant warcry of "Riiiiiidge Racer" on the PSP led people to believe other key PSOne titles would soon be heading to the PSP via emulation. Apparently Konami missed the memo, as Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=2016823) is making its way to Xbox Live Arcade. The September issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (issue: 207) reports: Konami is resurrecting the cult PS1 game Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Xbox Live Arcade. Along with SOTN, Konami is also bringing back other classic hits, some revered (Frogger, Contra, Super Contra, Track & Field) some obscure (Time Pilot), and some really obscure (Scramble). When will SOTN head to XBLA? Representatives from Konami told 1UP that the game is tenatively slated for a Q1 2007 release on XBLA.
- 1Up (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152635)

Holy shit this is awesome news. If I had known they were even considering Symphony of the Night for XBLA it would have been number 4 or 5 on my Top 5 Most Wanted Arcade Games (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=81723&postcount=52) list.

Ice2Dragon
08-03-2006, 11:26 PM
OMG CASTLEVANIA? THAT IS SO FREAKING COOL! I STILL HAVE IT FOR SNES!!!!

The hell is scramble? is that like scrabble?

Sarge McLarge
08-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Thats great news, it is truly the best Castlevania game yet.

The Killer 47
08-03-2006, 11:30 PM
I had picked up a copy when they did a limited reprint a while ago. I still haven't played through it. I'll definitely be picking this up when it comes out.

chaos bz
08-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Don't get your hopes up for this one yet, might turn out to be another street fighter 2

graf1k
08-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Don't get your hopes up for this one yet, might turn out to be another street fighter 2

You mean the multiple delays? Fuck it, for SotN I can take it.

chaos bz
08-03-2006, 11:51 PM
You mean the multiple delays? Fuck it, for SotN I can take it.
That and they might fuck up the classic and balanced gameplay.

graf1k
08-04-2006, 12:08 AM
That and they might fuck up the classic and balanced gameplay.

Well, that's on Capcom IMO. And Konami is a whole other developer/publisher.

Led
08-21-2006, 07:28 AM
OMFG!! That is great news! I have never played that castlevania before. I only played the NES and SNES versions. Hope its good! :)

aPerfektFIaw
08-25-2006, 06:49 PM
not only is it good... i've seen it on a lot of sites and magazines as the #1 game for the original playstation... and in my opinion, its definately on my top 5 greatest video games ever made...

Krazie
08-25-2006, 08:12 PM
I can't wait for this either, its a great great game. But, like other people said, you never know what they'll do to ruin this classic, they seem to try too hard when rereleasing some of these XBLA titles..

aPerfektFIaw
08-25-2006, 10:41 PM
if they know whats good for them, they will leave everything alone... This game is perfect the way it is...

... ahhhh high school memories ...

k_dog
08-25-2006, 11:39 PM
OMG CASTLEVANIA? THAT IS SO FREAKING COOL! I STILL HAVE IT FOR SNES!!!!

The hell is scramble? is that like scrabble?

You must be confused, this is not the game we are talking about.

SotN is going to be one of those titles that I play alot. I Still play it.

KilluhKam
08-26-2006, 12:39 AM
i will deffinately be getting this when it comes out on arcade Castlevania kicks ass!!!

aPerfektFIaw
08-26-2006, 01:29 AM
You must be confused, this is not the game we are talking about.

SotN is going to be one of those titles that I play alot. I Still play it.

yeah he's probably thinking of Dracula X if he's talkin about SNES, because the other one (Super Castlevania 4) sucked... Dracula X was decent...

haha I play SotN like once a year... I have to break out the PSX because the PS2 freezes the game from time to time for some reason

Terrin
08-26-2006, 01:55 AM
yea not to brag I knew this for awhile actually. konami is paying indy developers to do that porting. and a good friend of mine from college is working on this title.

* he helped create death jr and there new one grim jr or whatever its called* is working on it.

Alot of companys are doing this for there older games, I notice other then capcom *which is why street fighter took so long to develop cause its not top proiorty.

But w00t glad we got some kinda date, *I heard mid october though is when they expect to be finished :S *