PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Titles You've Pre-Ordered?

Facial La Fleur
05-09-2008, 04:35 AM
I used the search function with 'pre=order' and nothing specifically to what I wanted returned, so here it is. In this thread we list all of the upcoming games we've got on pre-order.

Today I went to game stop and put $10 on each of these games...

Borderlands
LEGO Indiana Jones
LEGO Batman
Ghostbusters
Fable 2
Gears Of War 2
Civilization Revolution
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge
The Force Unleashed
Brutal Legend
Alpha Protocol

Also I got another year of Game Informer.

Games I've yet to pre-order but plan on are...

Too Human
Highlander
Saints Row 2
Golden Axe: Beast Rider
Project Origin
Halo Wars
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Fallout 3
Fracture
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Wet
Prototype

I've pretty much ensured that I will have no sex life for the next year or so with all the time I'm about to spend playing games. LoL

greatREDvinny
05-09-2008, 04:41 AM
Thats a lot of money. Have fun.

I usually don't preorder games but the games I'm looking forward to are Ghostbusters, Fallout 3, and Ninja Gaiden 2.

ThrawnOmega
05-09-2008, 04:51 AM
I don't have any preorders right now, since I have to move around a lot (such is the life of a college student) so I don't want to have to worry about changing addresses.

I want to put cash down on RE5 and Last Remnant when they have confirmed release dates. Considering Unreal Tourney 3 as well.

Renji Abari
05-09-2008, 04:59 AM
right now i have Too Human pre-ordered (but thinking about switching it to something else seeing as how ive had it reserved for over a year and the last time a game got pushed back over and over again [Timeshift] the game diddnt turn out good) Left 4 Dead, Ninja Gaiden 2, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (im only going to get one but dont know which yet and i pre-ordered both just so i know ill be getting one of them on release) and Soul Calibur IV (Limited Edition)

I plan to eventually pre-order the following:
Fallout 3 (Limited Edition)
Fable 2 (Limited Edition)
Resident Evil 5
Silent Hill Homecomming (aka Silent Hill 5)
The Last Remnant
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia
Bioshock 2 (when its reservable)
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust (if its anything like the Leisure Suit Larry game on the original Xbox)
Postal 3 (for 360 of course lol)

and thats basically it for now. i might get GoW 2, the first was cool but was way to short imo.

loren83
05-09-2008, 05:29 AM
I don't currently have any pre-orders but I read this and had to post. YOU SHOULD NEVER GIVE UP YOUR SEX LIFE FOR GAMES!!!!!!!! Hopefully you were only exaggerating. Have fun.

Facial La Fleur
05-09-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't currently have any pre-orders but I read this and had to post. YOU SHOULD NEVER GIVE UP YOUR SEX LIFE FOR GAMES!!!!!!!! Hopefully you were only exaggerating. Have fun.

LoL. I wasn't totally serious about that... I was just stating that there are so many good games coming out over the next few months that I'm gonna be plenty busy trying to complete them all.

I think what I need is a gamer chick to come hang with me and we can play games for a few hours and then WE CAN PLAY GAMES FOR A FEW HOURS. LoL

Lucent Beam
05-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow, that's a lot of pre-orders.
I never pre-order anything unless it comes with a bonus that I want (Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, etc). And most new games my boyfriend pre-orders buys for himself, so I figure why waste the money on a 2nd copy... I'll just play his.

Bax x360a
05-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Seriously, why pre-order games? I'd predict all of those games apart from Gears of War 2 won't sell out on release date, so you could just scroll down to the shops and around the internet for a better deal, instead of just being stuck with one price tag.

Facial La Fleur
05-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Seriously, why pre-order games? I'd predict all of those games apart from Gears of War 2 won't sell out on release date, so you could just scroll down to the shops and around the internet for a better deal, instead of just being stuck with one price tag.

The main reason behind me pre ordering games isn't so much that I think that they might run out of copies but more of a reminder that the games are coming soon. I suck at keeping track of dates and times so by doing this, GameStop will call me a few days prior to release and remind me to come in and pick it up on the appropriate day. Saves me the headaches. LoL

Gun-Nut
05-09-2008, 11:32 PM
I've got Rock Band on Pre-Order since will be out in the UK in 13 Days :D and no doubt will pre-order Gears 2 closer to the time.

Renji Abari
05-10-2008, 12:29 AM

I pre-order games because its alot easier to pay off a game before its release, if you pre-order you can pay the $59.99 off months in advance and wont have to pay the full amount all at one time, i really see no reason not to pre-order...not pre-ordering is pretty dumb imo if you know you want the game, pre-order it and pay it off before it comes out.

Impulse
05-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Fuck me, some of them games aren't due for release till next year? is there any real need to pre-order them this early?

I mean i only pre-ordered GTA4 a week before release and got it on the release day..

I'd find other thing's to spend my money on

Renji Abari
05-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Fuck me, some of them games aren't due for release till next year? is there any real need to pre-order them this early?

I mean i only pre-ordered GTA4 a week before release and got it on the release day..

I'd find other thing's to spend my money on

why not? you can pay em off way before the come out, i had GTA IV pre-ordered since August last year (switched it to the special edition a couple weeks before it came out though), Devil May Cry 4 pre-ordered since July last year, Lost Odyssey pre-ordered since September last year, and Too Human since Jan last year lol i am thinking about switching my Too Human pre-order though.

Impulse
05-10-2008, 01:06 AM
why not? you can pay em off way before the come out, i had GTA IV pre-ordered since August last year (switched it to the special edition a couple weeks before it came out though), Devil May Cry 4 pre-ordered since July last year, Lost Odyssey pre-ordered since September last year, and Too Human since Jan last year lol i am thinking about switching my Too Human pre-order though.

But what's the point in that, your paying for something your basically not going to recieve for another 8-10 months..

That's like buying a beer and the barman saying to you, okay just gotta wait for it to be made now, that will be 3 weeks.. Come back then..

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy about that

Renji Abari
05-10-2008, 01:08 AM
But what's the point in that, your paying for something your basically not going to recieve for another 8-10 months..

That's like buying a beer and the barman saying to you, okay just gotta wait for it to be made now, that will be 3 weeks.. Come back then..

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy about that

So i can pay the game off and when it comes out i can just pick it up, its alot easier doing it that way imo. i would have Resident Evil 5 pre-ordered right now, but last time i checked it wasnt available for pre-order at gamestop, ill have to check again and see if it is (though i doubt it :() im just fine with pre-ordering a game months in advance i do it all the time so i can pay it off before it comes out. I honestly cant think of a reason not to lol

Impulse
05-10-2008, 01:14 AM
So i can pay the game off and when it comes out i can just pick it up, its alot easier doing it that way imo. i would have Resident Evil 5 pre-ordered right now, but last time i checked it wasnt available for pre-order at gamestop, ill have to check again and see if it is (though i doubt it :() im just fine with pre-ordering a game months in advance i do it all the time so i can pay it off before it comes out. I honestly cant think of a reason not to lol

I guess each to there own.. But i know i certainly won't, if it's a game i like the look of i'll just pre-order it a week in advance..

I guess it's an okay idea if your short on cash, and know when there released you may not have the money, but i'm working full time so that's not a problem to me..

kentarulez
05-10-2008, 01:21 AM
I don't preorder that much, as I can't get them in town, and have to go to school so don't have too much time to get trains to get some games.

Keano
05-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Wow, I wouldn't pre-order games like GOW 2 now. I would only pre-order a game the month it comes out.

Maka
05-10-2008, 01:32 AM
I think I have pre-orders on the following:

Unreal Tournament III
Battlefield: Bad Company

Doktor Pest
05-10-2008, 01:34 AM
I wouldn't preorder a game normally, but I did with Rock Band. Seriously, i cannot wait any longer for this game. Maybe i should freeze myself or something?

DarkPyroGuy_09
05-10-2008, 01:44 AM
I have preordered right now Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War 2 LE. But I will be preordering

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Fracture
Nothing else comes to mind buy I'm sure I will be preordering a couple more.

Gerror
05-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Im going to pre order GoW 2
and im deciding between:
Battlefield BC - Never played one before but told its great series
Unreal Tournament 3 - Taking to long to come out and I heard its not that great
Indiana Jones - I <3 Lego star wars so this one will be most likely

soccerplaya13cj
05-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't pre-order just because of the fact that if a demo comes out I want to play it first, and hype isn't always what the game will be. I like to read as much as I can and try it out if possible.

melee24
05-10-2008, 06:15 PM
i have preordered ng2, gow2, and too human. This will be a great season for games!

Bishop24
05-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I have Pre-Ordered:

Madden 09: 20th Collector's Edition
NCAA Football 09
Nascar 09
Gears of War 2...

That's the only games i've pre-ordered at the moment.

kiwi18
05-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Gears of War 2, I pre-ordered it 10 minutes after I saw the " Red" Gears 2 trailer.

Kinneshi
05-10-2008, 09:06 PM
I very rarely pre-order games, but I have pre-ordered GoW2. It looks great. :)

Abez Meister
05-11-2008, 07:20 AM
After watching the Alone in the Dark video showing the inventory i went and pre-ordered the special edition copy. This game should be sweeet.

Molneze3
05-11-2008, 07:27 AM
One of the reasons i pre- order games, is not nessisarily to make sure i get a copy of the game (cuz lets be honest, so many games get ordered, you WILL get a copy), but its so it takes the final price off the game a little... so when i go pick up my copy of GOW2!!! I've been paying $ 10 bucks a month and when it comes out i only have to pay $20 at the counter.

Matt9340
05-11-2008, 09:01 PM
i have at the moment pre-ordered:
Ghostbusters(this will be awsome)
Dead Space (Hopefully it lives up to the hype and the achievements are good)
GoW2 LE (why not?)

Thats about it...I prob wont be preordering anymore cause i dont really know what else to get.

Chilidog Chaos
05-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I have:

MGS 4
I might pre-order GoW2- what does the LE include
Fallout 3 LE?

Parkerktm
05-12-2008, 05:13 AM
I have GRID and Battlefield: Bad Company pre-ordered. Once July rolls around i'll probably pre-order Madden 09 and once September comes I'll Pre-order Halo Wars, Splinter Cell: Conviction, and Gears of War 2.

Lord of Fate
05-13-2008, 02:20 AM
I usually don't preorder games but I have Ninja Gaiden II preordered. I'll probably preorder GRID and might preorder The Bourne Conspiracy. Usually I'll only preorder games that I really really want like PD, R6, SC, Ninja Gaiden, GTA, FM, and I only usually preorder them a month or two before their release.

I'll preorder SC: Conviction and Gears 2, Just Cause 2 and a couple other games maybe a month before they come out.

MrDudeMan
05-13-2008, 02:35 AM
I started a thread like this awhile ago. Must've finally died. Went on for awhile.

Anyways, I have these preordered from amazon.com:
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
The Bourne Conspiracy
Saints Row 2
Alone in the Dark
Soul Calibur IV
Ghostbusters
Fable 2
Alan Wake

CoachCO62
05-13-2008, 02:38 AM
The only games that I have pre-ordered in the last year and I havent even picked them up until the next day are:

Mario Kart Wii

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Halo 3

and I always preorder Madden, every year special edition PS2 and now xbox 360.

I do plan on getting the following on release day though without preorder
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Ghostbusters

Danillo llic
05-13-2008, 02:45 AM
Battlefield Bad Company!!!!!