PDA

View Full Version : Worst Mission... EVER.

PaleGringo
08-04-2006, 04:34 AM
IMO, the mission Top Secret is the worst mission of the game. 80% of it is comprised of the two mutually exclusive goals of flying fast and flying carefully. It's like taking out the Death Star on crack... between the AA guns, the ice walls that you have to navigate just so, the near impossible turns, and add to it the time limit, telling you that "You did not fly fast enough" if it reaches zero.

But wait... it gets worse... they'll add two more increasingly frustrating sections just to make you feel like you did something impotant in this mission! :eek:

I'm very glad I got an ace on my first run through at 14:30. I would hate to play that mission ever again.

Demon Ninja
08-04-2006, 07:13 AM
I personaly liked the mission. It was a good test of a person's acrobatic skills in the game.

gatorbait
08-04-2006, 07:16 AM
I thought that mission was OK. The one I didn't care for was Paris only because I had problems getting an Ace on that but aside from that it was actually one of the most enjoyable missions but it was just the frustration of after 15 minutes and find out all that shooting just to get another attempt to go for an Ace rating again. Oh and that one where you had to land on the ground, think it was only one but that was a pain in the butt.

PaleGringo
08-04-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm going to put my above comments on hiatus for the moment as I hadn't fully expereinced the game when I wrote that. I'm now on Berlin, and have just over a minute to fly no higher than about 100ft and stay to the river's path (which forks) to find a route into the city to blow up the four radar towers. And if you even tap the left trigger, you're damned to start over.

I can't even get to the first one, and I have a bad feeling that they're going to be spread out.

PaleGringo
08-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Yes, the worst mission of the 18 in SP Campaign was indeed, Top Secret. Case closed.

Maka
08-07-2006, 02:08 PM
I loved Top Secret.... I didnt use cheats and maybe thats why I didnt have much of a problem with it and found it entertaining... Berlin, was a pain in the ass only because I needed to do it 5 times to get the perfect rating...

mctennisd
08-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Idk, I happen to think so far, that the desert one is a pretty big pain in the ass because you can't auto target the enemy bases.

UNLV Alum
09-19-2008, 08:04 PM
This game continues to sit in my collection unplayed.

After reading this, not sure I'll be playing it anytime soon. Too bad. I was just about to fire it up.

o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
11-06-2008, 12:03 AM
i agree that this game blows but i didnt really think that this mission was all that bad you just hae to start your turns earlier than you would think... i only died twice while doing this mission

Bjernagris
03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
I've only thrown my controller to the floor twice while playing xbox. Playing this mission was one of those times.

donkeyshow555
11-08-2010, 11:27 PM
It wasn't that hard, just a memory mission. Just trust hard till you get to the hard turns then brake and gas out.

Ravenhood
12-25-2010, 09:09 PM
I'll be honest, I don't see why so any people have an issue with the Top Secret mission. For myself, I generally have huge problems with objectives requiring precision (just picked up Super Meat Boy, it's driving me crazy. XS), and I had no problems with the Top Secret mission whatsoever. Just requires a bit of practice and patience, maybe a steady hand (easier said than done, I suppose). I had more of an issue with the Berlin 1945 mission at the end, took me quite a while to finally finish that one. Then again, I tend to be better at the aerial manuevers than I am with air combat...

Philli Vanilli
01-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Flying through a giant ice fjord that has AA guns built into the ice. WTF???? I liked the flying, but the mission design as a whole made no sense what so ever. Still an easy 1000 points though.

I Gil Galad I
05-03-2011, 02:23 PM
I haven't played that one yet, but I wad hoping it didn't get worse that the Rabaul Raid!

I Gil Galad I
05-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Ok, so I have finished it now. For all you who are looking, Rabaul Raid is waaaaaay worse than Top Secret. It did take a couple of sho0ts to learn the turns in the fijord, but at least you can practice, unlike Rabual Raid, where it just seems really inconsistant.