PDA

View Full Version : Will you be able to pick the guns you wanna use?

aussiegamer
05-10-2008, 05:02 AM
I was wondering, we know you can pick which types of soldiers you want, but i jsut dont think theirs gonna be enough customisation in the game. Theirs only 2 races and yeh. I dont really know if its gonna work.

Will it be full price?

Will it be short?

Sorry just real curious

Spartan EXR
05-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Pick guns... Hmm... Maybe you will be able to upgrade from normal MA5B ARs and to better weapons like Rocket Launcher.

synergy 36
06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
i agree with spartan, i think the farther you get into the game you can upgrade to having the marines you order around have maybe instead of assault rifle they might have a combinantion of snipers, rockets, lasers, and just weapons that will help you more succesful. just a thought

cincychaos
10-13-2008, 11:16 PM
yeah, from the info i saw on the website, it seemed like you can upgrade various units and buildings along the way, like starcraft. it might also be set up to where they just have various unit builds, like being able to train a sniper, rocket soldier, or gunner. i know you can upgrade the warthogs to have it as a scout vehicle with no weapon, a chain gun, or the gauss rifle. tanks come in different forms too with various cannon sizes and what not

L3th41 Sh0t
12-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Theirs only 2 races and yeh.

The flood are in Halo Wars aswell, so they might be playable

Eternal
12-10-2008, 04:39 AM
I think it has been confirmed you can't play as the Flood.

L3th41 Sh0t
12-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Shame, It'd be awesome if we could

dark lord me
12-31-2008, 07:32 PM
I think it has been confirmed you can't play as the Flood. It has been confirmed that they will only be an enemy like race. They were trying to make them work but couldn't seem to make them be balanced for player use or something like that

Hot Juicy Pie
01-02-2009, 06:58 AM
It's an RTS. Weapon selection is very unlikely. As mentioned things like upgrades will be in there like MA5B to Battle rifles on marines and such. Warthogs can be upgraded to have reenforced bumpers to ram enemies and eventually can be upgraded to gause hogs. I've read a few other things in a OXM review but they aren't coming to mind. I think you have some options extra when spawning spartans and such.

afunk117
01-08-2009, 08:20 AM
i think i read something bought a marine with flamethrower so maybe not upgradtion but maybe different marine classe

TheGoldenReaper
01-09-2009, 01:08 AM
So is the flood like a random enemy on the map? Kind've like how Warcraft III had gnolls, and murlocs and such in little groups around the map and they attacked you (if you've played it).. or is the Flood an actual enemy with a base?

Delta V1p3r
01-10-2009, 06:39 PM
I think the flood are going to come into play randomly in the later levels until they become a game-ending boss that might wrap up the storyline somewhat.

I think it was mentioned previously that the Flood were cut out of a playable race because they'd be far too unbalanced when compared to the Humans/Covenant classes and units.

miguel56
01-11-2009, 11:39 PM
All RTS games that are comming out and have recently come out have 3 races. Either then that, the game looks awesome. For being able to choose your weapons.... I dont think you can do that.

Hot Juicy Pie
01-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I think the flood are going to come into play randomly in the later levels until they become a game-ending boss that might wrap up the storyline somewhat.

I think it was mentioned previously that the Flood were cut out of a playable race because they'd be far too unbalanced when compared to the Humans/Covenant classes and units.

The flood were cut out as a playable race not due to balance issues, but they designers wanted them to be more of a thing to be frightened of on the map. Not just "oh look blue flood vs brown flood"

Check out the OXM beta test review for yourself

telekiller5
01-22-2009, 09:49 PM
wait, if this is a prequel and they introduce the flood. . . . . . .im guessing everyone dies at the end, otherwise we'd know about them in halo 1