PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV or Saints Row or Bully

Andrew14man
05-10-2008, 08:41 PM
which do u prefer?

kiwi18
05-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Personally, I prefer Bully or GTAIV. Saints Row I did not like to be honest.

MrDudeMan
05-10-2008, 08:49 PM
I actually prefer Saints Row, just because of the customization in it.

Keano
05-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Saint's Row (Great storyline and fantastic customization)
Bully (Great storyline and just generally quite fun)
GTA IV (What's this?)

DeathMinion111
05-11-2008, 04:08 AM
GTA 4 The other two suck.

knockton55
05-11-2008, 11:52 AM
GTA hands down, bully comes close as its kind of a younger version of GTA with less violence and swearing....Saints Row is just balls

Adam Miller
05-11-2008, 11:57 AM
GTA IV hands down, Saints row was a good game and Bully was an appetiser for GTA. :)

Keano
05-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Wow, what is it with everyone loving GTA? It's a terrible game.

Kazdan
05-11-2008, 01:47 PM
GTA IV all the way.

Impulse
05-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Wow, what is it with everyone loving GTA? It's a l
terrible game.

LOL.. calling it terrible is something..

gatorbait
05-12-2008, 04:04 AM
Bully was fun while it lasted but after the 100% there is just about nothing to do.

Saints Row was enjoyable just like Bully to get the 100% and the online did keep it going. It just wasn't as deep as GTA IV is.

Obviously I'd have to say I prefer GTA IV. The deepest story out of the three, deepest gameplay, and online. This poll might be a bit more interesting if we wait and see what Saints Row 2 is like since the original Saints Row is almost 2 years old.

she haunts me
05-12-2008, 04:34 AM
....Saints Row is just balls

LMAO...If it were called GTA:Saint's Row or something of the sort, you would have loved it. If GTA IV was a Saint's Row title it wouldn't have got a bunch of 10's in reviews. You get my point. Saints Row was a great game. But so is Bully and GTAIV.

Parkerktm
05-12-2008, 05:05 AM
quite frankly i'm surprised with peoples responses, I expected all GTA IV's. I've never played bully but from the screenshots and gameplay videos i've seen it looks like a great game. I played Saints Row at a friends house once and it didn't due to much for me.

GTA IV is a definite win, because its so deep and the game is just pure gold

GTA IV hands down

then bully and Saints Row

Bleeding Star
05-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Saints Row by far!

edd__
05-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Crackdown ;D

Not played GTA yet though to be fair, but Crackdown i thought was an amazing

AztecYoshi
05-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Loved Saints Row a lot more than GTA

Steelhead
05-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Bully, because it brought something different to the table.

Edit - If Crackdown were on the list, it would look like this...

Crackdown
Bully
GTA
SR

BackerMan
05-12-2008, 03:59 PM
I like GTA IV better but I'm surpise to see that they didn't add much in GTA IV as San Andreas like clothes, apts and etc. I've heard that the DLC will take place in San Andreas and I hope so.

LSmith92
05-12-2008, 04:02 PM
GTA IV of courseeeeee :) saints row wasnt that exciting tbh

Shadow Fba
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Saints row was ok, and fun. Never played Bully. GTA FTW

Cavaliers07
05-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Saints row playing GTA 4 I found it very repeatative with the style of the missions also there isn't much customization

Bishop24
05-12-2008, 04:36 PM
This isn't even hard, I like Bully, I hated Saints Row, but I love GTAIV. So no doubt in my mind, GTAIV.

V0NST3V3
05-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I have to say GTA4 is possible the best game i have ever played, it has its bad points and little things that could be better but overall it beats every other game hands down :)

kentarulez
05-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I have only played Bully, but it was awesome and it was a good laugh, however I have always enjoyed the GTA games.

alpha305
05-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Gta4 is the best overall then bully then saints Row. all great games.

Overlord1
05-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Saint's Row, because I haven't played Bully, and because GTA IV isn't THAT good as everyone expected. I even think I'm gonna enjoy Saint's Row 2 better than GTA IV
:uzi::eek:

RFT 123
05-12-2008, 06:14 PM
GTA:IV for me. I've played all 3, Saints Row was, in my opinion, a cheap knock-off of GTA, Bully was a good game, but it was a little to, childish let's say. GTA, oh my freaking god, it's deep, it will keep you going for a minimum of 40 hours, and that's if you play it for 40 hours straight AND have the strategy guide.

RvB Xx Donut xX
05-12-2008, 06:18 PM
To be honest there's no competition the people that voted for Saints Row are probably in some country where GTA isn't even out and those who prefer BULLY (although a decent game) were denied by their parents in getting GTA IV...

Come on people this is the hottest game of maybe the past 3 years of xbox 360 life.....:)

Joe Boy 1986
05-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I liked bully, but i couldn't handle all the loading screens! it drove me round the bend!!

italianstallion
05-12-2008, 07:07 PM
GTA4. All are very good games though.

Renji Abari
05-12-2008, 07:12 PM
GTA IV, Saints Row 1 wasnt that good at all for me, and Bully was pretty good for a while then idk it just lost it for me, so i chose GTA IV.

Andrew14man
05-13-2008, 08:59 PM
To be honest there's no competition the people that voted for Saints Row are probably in some country where GTA isn't even out and those who prefer BULLY (although a decent game) were denied by their parents in getting GTA IV...

Come on people this is the hottest game of maybe the past 3 years of xbox 360 life.....:)

ARE YOU JOKING?!!!

GtaIV was just a big let down. and it blows!

Zee
05-14-2008, 03:25 AM
I liked Saints Row a lot more then GTA4. Mostly because it didn't leave out the fun. It seemed like GTA was the same mission 94 times. All you did was drive for the first 1/3 of the game. Then drive and shoot. Then get out and shoot for about 3 minutes. All while chasing some random person for whatever reason. It was basically one of the same missions over and over. Not to mention the lack of fun in the activities/side missions, and how bad the online is (besides free roam, even though thats not all that great). Really what kept me going was the story. That is not all that original, but still great. After I beat the main game though the side missions were much to boring to make me go back and 100% it.

Saints Row was just much more fun, including 10X better online play In my opinion (and is 10 times the better value considering its 20 bucks now..). I didn't play bully yet though.

revenge7777
05-14-2008, 03:44 AM
I dont have bully for 360 but i have it for ps2 and i hated that game so i ll go with saints row or gta4.

MrPaypaChasa
05-14-2008, 03:52 AM
Wow, GTA is a GODLY BEASTLY AMAZING FRIGGN GAME!!!!!!!!!! Many different mission variations, amazing storyline, great online play (ranking system), realitstic driving and great coustimazation.

SpookSh0w
05-14-2008, 04:21 AM
If you judge Saints Row based on what it was 2 years ago and compare it to what GTA IV is today it makes me feel sad in the pants. Rockstar could have put a lot more customization into the game, and the Saints Row online (though laggy) was much more fun than GTA.

Bully was a good game even though I skipped most of the cutscenes. A bit buggy though

1. Saints Row
2. GTA
3. Bully (close 3rd)

Hellknight79
05-14-2008, 06:29 AM
I liked Saints Row a lot more then GTA4. Mostly because it didn't leave out the fun. It seemed like GTA was the same mission 94 times. All you did was drive for the first 1/3 of the game. Then drive and shoot. Then get out and shoot for about 3 minutes. All while chasing some random person for whatever reason. It was basically one of the same missions over and over. Not to mention the lack of fun in the activities/side missions, and how bad the online is (besides free roam, even though thats not all that great). Really what kept me going was the story. That is not all that original, but still great. After I beat the main game though the side missions were much to boring to make me go back and 100% it.

Saints Row was just much more fun, including 10X better online play In my opinion (and is 10 times the better value considering its 20 bucks now..). I didn't play bully yet though.

It's scary how close this post is to what I was going to say, lol. I've not played Bully (looking forward to it coming from Gamefly though), so between GTA IV and Saints Row, I enjoyed Saints Row much more. I always loved the old GTA games and hated every GTA clone until I played SR, and I was like "Wow it's like GTA with customization!".

I was exited about GTA IV but when I played it was a huge letdown, it's a step backwards from San Andreas in my opinion. Everything that was fun about GTA isn't fun anymore. I hate the "realistic" driving, I prefer the simple old shooting/aiming. I hate the multiplayer. I hate how much damage you have to do to kill people and destroy vehicles. I hate going on the stupid "dates" with the friends.

It's missing ALOT of the fun stuff like tank, parachute, jetpack, flamethrower, fixed wing planes, customization of cars, nitrous boost, bouncing taxis, a big mansion as a reward for beating the game, etc.

Saints Row, however, was great! I loved the level of customization for the character and the cars. I did the insurance fraud over and over again just to see how high I could score even after I had the achievement, you could call a zombie to attack people, it was really fun! Only bad thing was the ending, and I never tried the multiplayer. Can't wait for SR2!

Vice City & San Andreas > Saints Row > GTA IV

quidyg
05-14-2008, 12:31 PM
i prefere GTA IV the most as its an awesome game. bully would have to be second as its something different than most games. i still like saints row but its not as good as GTA

Royle
05-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Saint's Row because I haven't played GTA IV.

njdevils17
05-14-2008, 09:26 PM
GTA IV
Bully
Saint's Row

I like GTA IV the best and Bully is great too. I didn't really care for Saint's Row. I'm not big on the whole gangster mentality.

Kyle0wnz
05-14-2008, 09:29 PM
GTA IV, Bully was good, but it got boring fast... Same with Saints Row.

~Kyle

Bax x360a
05-14-2008, 09:30 PM
ARE YOU JOKING?!!!

GtaIV was just a big let down. and it blows!
The question is, are YOU joking? I hope you are for your sake!

Gigapotts
05-14-2008, 09:37 PM
The question is, are YOU joking? I hope you are for your sake! Brap him baxtah :D

I reckon GTA IV is probably the best from the selection!

DreadfulCorpse
05-14-2008, 09:37 PM
GTA IV imo

Lord of Fate
05-15-2008, 07:35 AM
I like GTA IV and Crackdown way better than Saints Row and Bully SE. IMO Saints Row is good and very fun when it comes to all the customization and freeplay is fun, but Saints Row's story reeks. GTA is the master of sandbox games and always will be. Saints Row is just a copycat of GTA and it's a shame THQ didn't get sued or something for it being so similar and copycat-ish.

GTA's storyline is top-notch and fun as hell to play. Although, GTA IV could've done alot better if the mechanics wouldn't have changed so much, if the gameplay was a little faster-moving, and if they wouldn't have took so much cool stuff out that was in GTA: SA. Saints Row is good but is nothing more than a spec compared to GTA. It was just a spot-filler until GTA IV came out. Of course I'll still get Saints Row 2 but I'll never lose sleep over it like I will the next GTA game.

And also Crackdown is cool, alot of people compare it to GTA but there's really nothing similar. Crackdown is a cool game all in its own. And I haven't played Bully SE but it looks good and since RockStar made it it probably is good. Who knows though, with how Bully looks I might end up liking Saints Row better than Bully. Bully SE is just like Hitman: BM and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, they're just upgraded versions of past-gen games. I don't expect to see anything from Hitman or Bully until Hitman 5 and Bully 2 come out, since they'd be the first truly next-gen games.

aussiegamer
05-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Mainly GTA IV however Bully was amazing when i first got it, it slowly wore out on me though.

never played SR but have heard wonders about it, will be getting part 2.

Ben Sharpe
05-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Saint's Row was okay but I couldn't even bring myself to get anywhere near finishing it, the only bit I enjoyed properly was the insurance fraud because it was fun but the missions and characters where all boring.

I played GTA for a grand total of 2 days untill my 360 destroyed the game and stopped working, but I can honestly say its the best game i've played, there was so much diversity in the play, and it was fun to just run around and do stuff unlike Saint's Row. I can't wait to get my 360 back and to buy another copy of GTA, but all this shit about there is no customisation, big deal does it really destroy your gaming experience? so you can't chose what you look like or customise your car, they where going for the realistic feel and be honest how often do you see car's with hydraulics, full body kits, and outagous paint jobs. Yeah okay it can be fun to do once or twice but if I'm honest I couldn't care less

Chris764
05-15-2008, 06:03 PM
I like all of them but i'm gonna have to go with gta on this one.

Krymson Fury
05-15-2008, 08:47 PM
I thought Saints Row was a great game but it still cant touch GTA and for everyone who wants more character customization that just seems to trivial to complain about they added more to the physics of the game and the graphics and took out all the clothes... oh well

jkanownik
05-15-2008, 10:13 PM
I voted Saints Row. I would put Bully 2nd. I put well over 100 hours into Saints Row, I 1000'd Bully and I've put about 40 hours into GTA IV. While there's no doubt that GTA is the technically superior game, in the end it comes down to how fun a game is to play. I thouroughly enjoyed about 95% of the time I put into Saints Row. I enjoyed about 80% of the time I put into Bully. I've enjoyed probably ~20% of the time I've put into GTA. The GTA percentage will most likely increase now that I'm done with the story, but my opinion of the game overall isn't going to change much because the story was one of the best things about the game.

antnie
05-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Personally, I prefer Bully or GTAIV. Saints Row I did not like to be honest.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Weirdo guy
05-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Saints Row was very enjoyable but GTA IV is miles ahead to me. It also would be nice to see some sequel sandbox games from the True Crime and Godfather series'.

ThaPrototype
05-16-2008, 07:06 AM
GTA4 easy. Saints Row was just ok. Good enough to tide you over till GTA came out, but nowhere near as good or fun. Story alone cleans it out, let alone the gameplay and extras. Bully is really good too.

Andrew14man
05-16-2008, 09:59 PM
The question is, are YOU joking? I hope you are for your sake!

GTAIV was a rubbish game!

Rented for 5 days brought it back it 2. it's horrible!

sir gibo
05-16-2008, 10:06 PM
somthing about sanits row i just like better

rhino185
05-16-2008, 11:33 PM
I would have to say GTA IV. I liked Saint's Row but it was to small. Bully was even smaller.

neoadorable
05-17-2008, 04:00 AM
easiest question of the week: GTA IV.

Bolt
05-18-2008, 03:10 PM
GTA IV by a mile

o0 TommyGuns 0o
05-18-2008, 03:16 PM
i like liked bully but gta4 is the best

SpookSh0w
05-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Based on completion ill go with

Bully
Saints Row (Never bothered with the mini-games)
GTA IV (Got old fast)

jarhead1990
05-22-2008, 07:25 PM
GTA 4 is ridiculously better than both.

sam49
05-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Gta Iv Ftw!!

DillonBarbrshop
05-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Alright, who the heck actually picked bully over GTA?

This is madness!

omgyjya_switch7
05-25-2008, 10:29 PM
I can't believe how much love there is for GTAIV. It was seriously disappointing. Saints row is like a cheap copy of San Andreas, but with some original, highly enjoyable, ideas. Overall a great game. Although, the online achievements suck as I got it way after it was popular and now no-one plays it.

GTAIV was a huge step back, even from Vice City. It is lacking one huge thing. Fun! There is nothing to do once the story is complete (the story was dull to add, 30+ missions of tutorial?!) also, could they have made the achievements any more boring?!

I have not played Bully, but it is on my wishlist, as it looks really enjoyable.

1. San Andreas (2004)
2. Saints Row (2006)
3. GTAIV (2008)

Proof that games are getting less fun and too realistic over time?

hoernchen
05-26-2008, 02:00 PM
1. bully - because it adds many fresh ideas and is very fun to play.
2. saints row - great customization and diversified missions.
3. gta - i got this game some weeks ago and haven't even finished the story yet, because the missions are so damn repetitive and boring (get car > get to point a > shoot people > get car > get to point b > mission finished). don't get me wrong, all in all it's not a bad game, but it's nowhere near the status it was hyped to...

DwayneDays
05-26-2008, 04:23 PM
I'd get bully, GTAIV felt like a huge chore to me most of the time and I really cant see myself putting in the time to 100% it. Sure the story was god but other than that it felt empty, also the controls were clunky as usual GTA style.

Now Bully may not have the greatest story of all time but we can all relate to being bullied in our school days in one way or another and can vision how great it would have been to rise above and overcome it. Also the controls in bully felt alot more precise atleast for me and whereas GTAIV felt like a chore (especially to obtain 100% honestly all those stupid pigeons? No thanks) Bully actually felt fun to 100%, plus the minigames were alot more fun imho

IRONMAN
05-26-2008, 04:39 PM
im looking forward to saints row 2, i liked saints row alot, so we'll see what happens with everything coming to the table

KENMACK39
05-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Order of Favorites

1. GTA
2. Bully
3. Saints Row

I really liked Bully but we traded it in for GTA, GTA owns though, good graphics, good storyline, and its not one of those games were you finish it in a day, I never really liked Saints Row, only the start bit.

You Are Scum
05-27-2008, 06:19 AM
GTA IV by far. Saints Row is pretty good too because i love how you can customize like every car. And Bully wasnt bad but i played that way back on Ps2 so no need to play it again.

DeltaZ360
05-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Well I haven't played Saints Row or GTA4 so I'm going to have to go with Bully. I'll play the other 2 some day.

Kaner99999
05-28-2008, 02:40 PM
GTA IV!!!!!!
Easiest question I could ever be asked!

DCS 23
05-28-2008, 02:49 PM
it totally depends on wich way u look at it for its time Saints row was good but comparing it to gta iv a recent game no it doesnt match up but saints row II on the other hand looks alot more fun than GTA IV (graphically no) but game play looks awesome and Bully who cares its a childs GTA..

DwayneDays
05-28-2008, 04:34 PM
So Bully is a childs gta because its more fun or...........?

hoernchen
05-28-2008, 04:49 PM
well, you cannot kill people, so it has to be a kiddie game, right? *sarcasm*

Asi
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Gta 4 Is One Of The Best Games Thats Out For 2008

Andrew14man
05-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I can't believe how much love there is for GTAIV. It was seriously disappointing. Saints row is like a cheap copy of San Andreas, but with some original, highly enjoyable, ideas. Overall a great game. Although, the online achievements suck as I got it way after it was popular and now no-one plays it.

GTAIV was a huge step back, even from Vice City. It is lacking one huge thing. Fun! There is nothing to do once the story is complete (the story was dull to add, 30+ missions of tutorial?!) also, could they have made the achievements any more boring?!

I have not played Bully, but it is on my wishlist, as it looks really enjoyable.

1. San Andreas (2004)
2. Saints Row (2006)
3. GTAIV (2008)

Proof that games are getting less fun and too realistic over time?

couldn't have said it any better!

also i forgot to add crackdown to the list :(

KFZ Scrubs
05-28-2008, 08:01 PM
easy.... gta4

Ashande
06-01-2008, 06:29 PM
I know it makes me some kind of heathen, but I actually have to go with Bully, then Saint's Row, then GTA4.

Bully just got my attention a lot more. I cared more about what was going on, and had a lot more fun doing it (with the exception of the "Skate/Bike/Walk x distance" achievements, which did get rather dull) than the other two.

Saint's Row I thought was incredible (when it came out; I will admit that it has perhaps not aged well, and from a purely technical perspective, is quite a ways behind GTA). Even if you don't care for the game personally, you do have to look at at least some of what it accomplished: it showed some of the things they COULD have been doing in GTA but weren't. Admittedly, some of those things are now in GTA4 (free aim while driving, anyone? Though I think SR handled better in that respect, at least it's in GTA4), but SR had it, perhaps prodding Rockstar to get off their butts and do SOMETHING with gameplay that had remained otherwise untouched for six years or so.

Mind you, I don't dislike GTA4. I thought the game was enjoyable (though repetative, but I'd give the same mark against Bully and SR as well.) I just think that in terms of what it brought to the table, it comes up a little short when compared to SR (because most of it we've seen before now; admittedly, it may not have been as pretty last time, but repainting a Pinto does not turn it into a Cobra GT. It's just a better looking Pinto), and I just didn't have the level of amusement with either when compared to Bully.

Just my 2 cents.

IRONMAN
06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
good post Ashande..similar to what i was trying to get across for the duration of this thread. I have up since i found way too much gta4 love.. Good to see someone else's view near my own.

Tussell
06-01-2008, 06:34 PM
lololololololololol

This is a joke thread right?
I mean, it's clearly impossible to put the three together. I mean, maybe GTA IV and Saints Row, but where the hell does Bully come in?
This is so ridiculous!

lololololololololol

IRONMAN
06-01-2008, 06:35 PM
i think they tried bully because it was rockstar..for whatever thats worth.

Chud 360
06-02-2008, 11:53 AM
I've not tried Bully or Saint's Row but i Can't imagine how they could top GTA4. That game is sick

HardRockSamurai
06-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Don't get me wrong, all of them are superb games, I just think GTA IV should win because it has way more depth than Bully, and Saints Row probably wouldn't exist without GTA in the first place.

Buckeyes102
06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
well i have never played GTA 4 but i thought Bully was a pretty good game but it was too easy to beat

IRONMAN
06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
this thread isnt fair too saints row. try it against saints row 2..

p0rtfan
06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Saints Row for me, although i havet really given GTA a proper chance yet

kevco33
06-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Overall, I think Bully: Scholarship Edition is the best designed game, but Saints Row is the most fun to play.

DwayneDays
06-04-2008, 05:20 AM
Yeah I dont see how so many people love GTAIV, I would seriously be yawning during some missions because it was the same mundane crap over and over

Overlord1
06-05-2008, 01:28 PM

Oh really? Let me say you something: I have a lot of games, and most of 'em are adult games like GTA IV,Saint's Row,Mass Effect,Bioshock,Assassin's Creed etc. And where I live, (The Netherlands), GTA IV isn't banned or whatever. And my parents also didn't denied GTA IV to me. So when I say I prefer Saint's Row above GTA IV, you can really count that.

SamW89
06-05-2008, 05:48 PM
The culture in Saint's Row never has and never will appeal to me. I didn;t like the characters either and I didn't think the gameplay was very good at all.

And Grand Theft Auto IV easily beats Bully, even though they're both from the same team. It's just got everything I'd expect from the genre GTA created.

Having said that, if Crackdown were on that list, it'd be a tougher choice.

Kuledude
06-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Definetly GTA 4