PDA

View Full Version : Civilization Bonuses!

Dog Of Thunder
05-11-2008, 04:23 PM
http://www.civfanatics.com/civrev/civilizations

Here's what I managed to find with regards to Civilization Bonuses. Normally, these would be minor bonuses affecting what technology you started with, but as you can see, Civilization Revolution takes it to a new level. Egypt in particular looks disgusting but Russia with an extra +1 food from plains looks astounding as well.

RougeRogue
05-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Ouch, the +1 food bonus from plains for Russia is only for the ancient period -- which I would assume means that you lose the bonus, once progrssing past that period. You're right, though, Egypt starting with a Wonder is pretty huge (albeit accurate, really). I feel kind of bad for France . . . their modern bonus? Riflemen move one extra space? Ouch . . . I mean, like THAT won't add to the jokes about France and surrender . . . .

But, if you're like me, and frequently play the Civilization games with the bulk of your game occuring in the "modern age," the American bonus of 3x factory output, and the Arabian bonus of 2% interest on gold in treasury . . . those are huuuuge bonuses.

aRowan
05-31-2008, 06:35 AM
Aztec: +50% gold in modern and Ancient: Units heal after winning in combate

Tricause
06-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Very interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if these values were changed in an update.

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 06:37 AM
You can see these bonuses if you scroll through the available Leaders when starting a new game! It's Greeks, Romans, then Egyptians for me! (first three achievements!)

Romans get cheap roads... easy CONQUEST kills!

Fishy2606
06-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Oooh, torn between Roman and Aztec. The cheaper roads would be great, but the ability to heal after combat is a great bonus! The amount of turns i spent restoring my army on the demo.

Just got to figure out which works best for me to win with Domination. Although win before 1000AD is going to be tough too!