PDA

View Full Version : Order of Achievements

justinpf
05-13-2008, 06:56 AM
Hey, does anyone else care what order you unlock your achievements in? Like, I want to unlock most of the single player achievements before I unlock the multiplayer ones just because I think it would look weird for multiplayer achievements to be sprinkled in between the single player ones. Sometimes i'll even purposly not get a multiplayer achievement because I dont have all the single player ones yet. I also dont like getting "Level completed" achievements out of order, like, Getting the Act three achievement after the Act five one in Gears of War.

Now, by this point you must be thinking I have OCD, and you are probably right. So, please, someone here tell me i'm crazy so I can kick this silly obsession :)

K W4LK3R
05-13-2008, 07:15 AM
I do the campaign achievements then multi achievements but im stuck with cod 2 and its pissing me off

Lucent Beam
05-13-2008, 07:26 AM
I really don't pay any attention at all... I just play and see what I get when I get it.

ankle_spawn
05-13-2008, 07:42 AM
i usually rush the multiplayer ones first, specially when im playing crap games. because when you let too much time pass on those, then its difficult to find ppl playing them on live.

Abez Meister
05-13-2008, 08:53 AM
I don't have a preference of order. Just as long as it unlocks :)

aussiegamer
05-13-2008, 08:56 AM
I dont really care as long as i can get them, then its all good.

Most achievements are too hard for me, i just dont have the time/dedication since i am an offline player

Daywalker-san
05-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Single player first, then multi if i can be bothered. i buy games for a good story, not to be shouted at by 12 year old kids :p

DanTheManGum
05-13-2008, 10:24 AM
So far I try to get whatever I can. I have only had my 360 for a month or more now and I went back and picked up some of the older games the system had that I really wanted. In doing this, some of those online achievements are proving very tough to get (but the each game forum here helps me IMMENSELY). Once I do pick up a current game I will go for the online achievements first because I don't want to be left out in the cold before they pass me by.

[Waggly Bean]
05-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Now, by this point you must be thinking I have OCD, and you are probably right. So, please, someone here tell me i'm crazy so I can kick this silly obsession :)

That does seem a bit obsessive. You sir, are crazy!

I just get whatever achievements I can get in any old order! Although I did think it was kind of rubbish that in Prey the finished game achievement came before the finished last level one. That annoyed me a little....

o0EVIL0o x360a
05-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda bad about achievement order as well. I like the single player and MP seperate as well for the most part. But I take things even further and I want all the single player achievements in order as well. Like for Lost: Via Domus which I just started last night, I want all the achievements to unlock at the earliest possible time. I'm a little pissed I missed the first flashback achievement and had to redo the stage, now it appears after the level complete achievement for me. I try to avoid that as well when I can. ;)

bxbomber
05-13-2008, 06:20 PM
I do single player campaign on hardest difficulty before I even touch Multiplayer. This is why I'm still doing elite on the first R6V.

revenge7777
05-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Usually i try to do single player achievements first. But if i get stuck on single player then I just go on with the mutiplayer and come back to single player later on.

Curtis
05-13-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't mind, got them all and I'm happy.

xxEquilibriumxx
05-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I rush the multiplayer when I can then go for single player.

LegitLostLegend
05-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't really care what I'm doing, but I try to focus on whateve I'm doing then do the other one, but if not it doesn't matter

Parkerktm
05-14-2008, 03:03 AM
I don't really care but if i had to chose it would be SP player first

justinpf
05-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda bad about achievement order as well. I like the single player and MP seperate as well for the most part. But I take things even further and I want all the single player achievements in order as well. Like for Lost: Via Domus which I just started last night, I want all the achievements to unlock at the earliest possible time. I'm a little pissed I missed the first flashback achievement and had to redo the stage, now it appears after the level complete achievement for me. I try to avoid that as well when I can. ;)

Yeah, thats exactly the kind of thing that bugs me too. It just looks strange, like in halo 3 completed level 3 after my level 4 and 5. It bugged me for the longest time but now i'm over that. But the same kind of thing happens from time to time and it really annoys me. Its irrational though, I know its stupid and it really dosent matter but I cant shake it, and its really starting to get in the way of achievements that could be mine. :(

its delicious
06-15-2008, 02:59 AM
Single player achievements first, then multi-player. It's based on gaming preference and that's just how I roll.

antnie
06-15-2008, 03:03 AM
I never really thought about it. I just ry to get as many points as possible. You might have OCD, but I think everyone has a little bit of it in them.=)

IGC ELIMINATER17
06-20-2008, 05:48 AM
I usually go for multiplayer before single player just in case they ever shut down the online servers then ill have all the online achievements. (Im a completionist, thats why i do multiplayer first instead of single, i want to make sure i get every achievement)

IRONMAN
06-20-2008, 05:57 AM
Well, if its a new title release i've been waiting for, I play the game for fun several times through before I even consider the achievements. The way I see it, if I like the game, i'll finish it one way or another as a sign of respect to the game, & to put the last nail in the coffin so I can say: "that was a good game". Whatever I unlock along the way is great. When I go back, I do the single player achievements, & then focus online if any.

Gun-Nut
06-20-2008, 05:58 AM
Does not bother me to much in what order they unlock, an achievement is an achievement :)

I'm not going to force myself to Single Player and grab all the achievements there before moving onto Multiplayer or Vice-Versa

Quite a few games I grab I end up playing Multiplayer first since a friend gets it at the same time :)

daninthemix
06-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Man that is screwed up. I mean, I'm an obsessive completionist (bording on OCD) but even I don't give a damn what order the achievements come in.

jackanape
06-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Normally with a game I try and get the multiplayer stuff done as soon as possible, just in case the online community dies early and leaves me hanging. On Lost Planet and the Darkness I had the online stuff done for over a year, and I only just went back and finished the Darkness ha ha!

Still not played Lost Planet in single player.

JC
06-20-2008, 08:34 AM
I do the Single Player first and try and unlock all the achievements in that level so they don't look out of order.

I should probably do MP first, as the online community might die quickly, as Jackanape said.

hoernchen
06-20-2008, 08:37 AM
I don't really care at all if there are some MP mixed with SP and stuff, but i cannot stand games that get the order wrong themselves. Like playing on hardest difficulty setting and unlocking 'You finished the game on hard' before getting 'You finished the last level on hard' one. Know what i mean?

MegaSparten360
06-27-2008, 10:50 PM
u are cazy it dosent matter as long as u get them

Crimson Ridley
06-27-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm the same as the TC and Evil. I go for SP first cause I detest multiplayer. And you know what, sometimes with some games, I try to get a really good achievement as my first one and a really good one as my last one. Hell, it's your Gamercard, make it look how YOU want. You ain't crazy, it's your preference.

Nerdz0r
06-29-2008, 07:08 PM
It's usually SP first for me, and then the following weekend, i have a gamer fest with a friend and do the MP on the hardest modes.

DrunkenDucks
06-30-2008, 09:28 AM
I dont care. just playing and see what happens. then after playing a while. i check how many achievements i got left and getting to work;)

Chud 360
06-30-2008, 01:03 PM
I don't care. I'll just play the game and see what pops up. After a while, i'll check what im missing and start going for them

reddragon6288
06-30-2008, 01:19 PM
As of late I have been heading for the SP achievements first mainly based on the fact that I digging into the past games that no longer have people playing online any more, or the servers are closed. (Got my XBox only about a year ago) But I do, enjoy jumping online whenever the SP seems to frustrate me or drag on newer games to just take my anger/boredom out on some 12 yr old kid. So when it comes to those games, I really don't mind when the achievements pop up.

If Act 3 is before Act 2, I really don't care, just as long as both are there. Hell look at my CoD4 achievements, I pushed my way through Veteran on the missions I could, and sadly I'm missing three of them and they are spread out through the last two Acts. (One Shot, One Kill; The Ultimatium; The Mile High Club; Deep and Hard)

I IVIuTanT I
07-02-2008, 12:27 PM
This bothers me with GH3 I like to have all the hard to get achievements shown when you click my gamertag but If i do co-op they'll be first.

Dukefan45
07-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I get achievements in whatever order I feel like getting them in. I'm not OCD about getting achievements in any type of order. I may try to finish a single player campaign before playing it online, but if the game has a good online, then I may skip it for awhile.

sirnerd84
07-03-2008, 12:45 AM
I normally start with whatever I can get the quickest =x

Royle
07-04-2008, 08:51 AM
I do the campain first then go on to do any other achievements like Multiplayer or harder difficulty.

Bleeding Star
07-04-2008, 09:32 AM
I just play through the game and get them as they come, Im not bothered about the order in which they unlock