PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Tools for vB Forum

Nukeshell
08-05-2006, 05:30 AM
I've been visiting a Dutch Xbox Forum for quite a while and they have some usefull tools that may fit here too...

Image Resize: Every Image will be automatically resized which makes it fit in the post.

Multi-Quote: Thanks to this tool you can actually quote more posts at a time. And you can use quotes in different Threads!

Though, I don't know how to get that tool working in here:p Maybe there's someone who like to find that out otherwise I'll ask an Admin on the Dutch Forum.

xX MaslaN Xx
08-05-2006, 06:26 AM
Image Resize: Every Image will be automatically resized which makes it fit in the post.
That would mess up alot of the images people post...I like my pix nice and well not all blocky;)

KilluhKam
08-05-2006, 06:28 AM
i think theyre both a good idea i wouldnt mind that happenin with the pictures because some people post huge ass pic's and then you gotta scroll just to see the whole thing (left and right) and being able to quote multiple people would be nice also

Nukeshell
08-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Multi-Quote is from the new version of vB. Version 3.6.0...

And there's a hack for vB to get the Images resized.

Minty
08-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Think we need a spell checker back as well (Thanks to Oryan)

Oryan
08-05-2006, 06:03 PM
That would mess up alot of the images people post...I like my pix nice and well not all blocky;)

It's not called "Blocky". It's called Pixelated. Second, it wouldn't MESS UP images like you say. Images shouldn't be larger then the post field in the first place - it just makes the site look ugly and break the textfield.

@Nuke: Great ideas on both suggestions. I could of used the multi-quote tons of times.

-Oryan

RoutineX
08-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Both of the suggestions are included in the newly released version of vBulletin (3.6.0). I'm running it on a test server now just to check that it won't fall apart when updating the version *looks at minty* :p

Minty
08-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Dont know what you mean :Angel

Nukeshell
08-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Both of the suggestions are included in the newly released version of vBulletin (3.6.0). I'm running it on a test server now just to check that it won't fall apart when updating the version *looks at minty* :p
Hope it all works out well because Im getting pretty frustrated when looking trough some Threads. A lot of Threads are messed up by those images!