PDA

View Full Version : What to do when mics do not work on your controller?

DRCL
05-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Couldn't find a forum for this type of problem, but oh well..

Anyways, my mics won't work on my controller.. I have bought 3 and none work.. I broke the one that came with the system because I tried jamming it into my controller and it wouldn't work even though it was working fine.. >_<

So anyone know ? :S

PnutButrSkippy
05-14-2008, 06:13 PM
try another controller. get one from a friend or something if you dont have another one.

Keano
05-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Yea it is probably the controller that is broken. I think the only option for that is to buy a new one.

DRCL
05-14-2008, 06:16 PM
I have another controller, I tried them on that one and they didn't work either.. >_< And all three mics are different, so I have no idea..

xBoricua Killax
05-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Take the mic of mute and turn up the volume... lol

DRCL
05-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks Boricua, I hadn't noticed I needed to do that.. >_>

Gun-Nut
05-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Currently not on my 360 but I believe if you hit the Guide button then go Voice and make sure all the volume is up and the mic is not on mute...

This is probably not your problem but worth checking out. I ended up having this problem one day since I went in and put my mic on mute since I was playing Gears on PC and no Mute on my PC mic. Then when I went back on my 360 forgot about it and Private Chat / In-Game Chat was not working till I worked out that's what happened.

DRCL
05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Already checked all that Gun-nut. xD

I seriously don't know why it doesn't work.. And it can't be the controller if the other controller, which has never been used doesn't work with the mic. And three different types of mics makes it less likely to say that it's the mics problem.. >_<

Parkerktm
05-14-2008, 06:50 PM
This seems like an odd issue to be having if if it isn't on MUTE and the Volume is all the way up and the Mic settings are adjusted as needed.

I know one of the guys who is in my RSV1 clan could never hear me and I couldn't hear him. We didn't mute each other or block communication we just were not able to to talk to each other during Private chat or In Game Chat.

If not that then i suggest contacting Microsoft directly.

This is pushing it but there could be an issue with the console, there causing the controller to not function correctly therefore having the mic work improperly

Abez Meister
05-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Are the mics the genuine xbox 360 ones or 3rd party?

Try calling the manufacturer and advise of the problem.

DRCL
05-18-2008, 04:08 PM
They don't seem to be 3rd Party. They have the logos.

Azrael008uk
05-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Sometimes LIVE will just mess about and your mic will not work properly.

Often simply unplugging and replugging your mic will sort problems like you not being heard or a really bad echo when you speak.

A good way to see if your mic is working properly is call up the guide, select someone on your friends list and record a voice message.

Then "preview" the message and if it's working you're all good.

If not, then unplug and replug and try again until it is working.

If you've tried this with multiple controllers and multiple headsets and you're aware that you haven't had anything on MUTE then it's fair to say there is something wrong with the XBox by process of elimination.

Azrael

kiwi18
05-18-2008, 06:20 PM
This always happens to me during Gears so I just unplug the mic, plug it back in in fast succession. Rinse and repeat. Be gentle though, do not shove the mic in the hole 100 mph.

Bax x360a
05-18-2008, 07:48 PM
This is the Mic right?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31JDDK6SHHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I've never heard of a situation like yours before to be honest mate. The fact that the Mics don't work on different controllers would imply you've just been amazingly unlucky and got 3 faulty ones. A faulty batch from the local shop perhaps? How about trading those 3 in/selling them on Ebay and giving the wireless Mic a try? They look nicer aswell:
http://www.gameguru.in/images/xbox-360-headset.jpg

DRCL
05-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Not a very big fan of the wireless ones.. Anyways, yes that was one of the three I tried. I still have no idea what to do.. I tried contacting microsoft and all they did was send me their support page about what to do if you can't hear or be heard whilst using a mic, which I had read before contacting them and attempted what they had said on that page. Oh well, guess I won't be using a mic -_-

'Cause even the "laggy" mic (The one that echoed) doesn't even want to connect anymore :(

newbsicle
05-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Have you checked on the dashboard to make sure voice communication is still on?

Edit profile/ privacy settings/ voice and text communication; turn everyone on.

DRCL
05-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Newbsicle - if you had read earlier posts you would have noticed that was checked off the list ;)

Here are the three mics I have tried, just so everyone knows how they look like:

Normal Headset - Almost identical to the one that came with the Xbox (Did not connect):
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4787/headsethl2.jpg

Motorola X205 NFL Gaming Headset (Did not connect):
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2199/motorolax205nflheadsettu1.jpg

Intec Camo Headset (Echoed/Lagged):
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3260/inteccamoheadsetmp9.jpg