PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

Otisbum
05-16-2008, 12:26 AM
The PC version has been out for a little while now, and I finally got around to trying it out. It's definitely going to be worth the (supposed) 800 msp pricetag. If you loved the first one, you'll love this. Not much gameplay-wise has been changed, it's just a bunch of new levels and features.

If you were good at the first one, you'll be good at this one. The only real thing to get used to is the surface-breaching, which is a pretty cool feature. It may take time to master the jumping speed and flipping, but that's only because it requires constant upward motion, which is only a problem with a mouse. Should be much easier using the controller.

Other than that, it's much easier to score now, with the Feeding Frenzy multiplier going up to x6 (Feeding Frenzy, Double Frenzy, Triple Frenzy, Super Frenzy, and Mega Frenzy). Don't quote me on the Super Frenzy one though, I might have forgotten the exact name. I ended up hitting 300k points (the achievement for the first game) at about level 17, and since there are 60 levels in the story mode, I would expect the score achievement to be somewhere around 1-1.5 million.

So yeah, excellent game, and here's where my 1 hour trial ended at in story mode:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9352/feedfrenzynf4.png

If anyone else would like to get the 1 hour free trial, just Google "Feeding Frenzy 2", and you should find it fairly easily.

AK Punk
05-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Gotta say, I can't wait for this to come out. Loved the first one didn't even know they were making a second one for XBLA until I searched Feeding Frenzy to check any new info on the message board. Think I'm going to wait till its XBLA release to play it and save the new changes for then.

Otisbum
05-19-2008, 08:16 PM
If you loved the first one you shouldn't be disappointed with this. Much better in my opinion, but even after an hour playing it I'm still not used to the new "feel" to it. There are a few darker levels (light-wise, not evil :p).

FatBoiJim
06-27-2008, 11:57 AM
This sounds cool, deffinatly going to get it when it comes out.

WrottenSandwich
09-17-2008, 04:47 AM
I played the trial however I only got to play it for a few minutes. I didn't realize you could breach the surface. Should be fun....

SENTACOLIS
09-17-2008, 10:01 AM
It's alot of fun so far. Achievements aren't too bad, but i'm ignoring time attack because i have a temper.

Tailz
09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
I enjoyed this as well. The first one was awesome.

nWo Member69
09-17-2008, 12:12 PM
well the demo and full game is out for 360 now on marketplace

JC
09-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Any good guys?

tattooed si
09-18-2008, 07:30 AM
I think its even better than the first one with easier and less time consuming achievements but i won't be bothering with time attack either.

Ry Fryy
09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
..but i won't be bothering with time attack either.
Time Attack isn't that bad. I just did it last night with no trouble. Finished level 60 with over 15 minutes left. Put me at 3rd in the world. :) Just go slow during at first, when you are most vulnerable. Once you hit the middle size be less cautious but try to speed things up. It's not so bad.

Otisbum
09-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Awesome game, and everything I'd hoped for. Got this and Castle Crashers last night, and I have no regrets at all. Thankfully you only need 5000 food bank points in this game, because I'm still only at 20,000 in FF1. :p

Got 7 of the achievements yesterday, hoping to have the rest real soon. Love the added multiplayer.

JC
09-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Just downloaded it, very enjoyable and improved graphics. Castle Crashers is good too Otis. :)

BanefulKiller89
11-26-2008, 02:47 AM
Yeah I was pretty impressed with it and some of the new fish and other things are also nice improvements.