PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
05-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread!

BigApple3AM
09-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Looks largely the same as the first 2. It looks like it has some fun easy ones though!

discostu1337
10-23-2008, 04:35 AM
So far, so good. Never gonna buy all 256 outfits for male and 256 for female though. And doing 48 challenges from "streets" and at least another 32 from the clubs also is not gonna happen. I'll finish what I can tonight and tomorrow and end up with around 600-700 I assume.

Chris Plus
10-31-2008, 09:29 PM
If Vesper doesn't beat me to it, I'm gonna try to be the first to get all 1000. I'm only missing two street challenges but I guess I'll have to see ablout the 32 club challenges. The two street I'm missing are pretty easy but it's gonna take some practice in game mode. A 3 star challenge I found in the executive area was really hard though, FC Midnite Blaze without stepping on two consecutive notes. Maybe some of the 5 stars are gonna be ridiculous? What does anyone else know about those executive challenges?

Mustkill9
11-08-2008, 09:56 PM
There's a challenge where you have to get "good" on every note (meaning you are slightly off on every note) They've made this challenge in the past, but this time the notes are extremely close together, and I fail it before I even hear a beat. Then waiting for the challenge to reload, while tapping the A button... maybe there's another way to practice it, but I think this will give even the best players a problem.

Vesper is on my friends list and she hasn't been on Live at all lately. She has another accout called Vesperia, but it's been kind of inactive too. I'll be interested to see if anyone has the patience and skill to 1000 this game.

Chris Plus
11-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah. That's the last challenge I have left to complete. It's absolutely impossible.

If you wanna practice it, go into edit mode and select measure 20 of Streamline, expert. It's not a long load time at all. I've been over this with many people many times.

The notes don't register when you hit them. They register after they past the shadow arrows, and because they're so close together, getting a good on the 3rd step means stepping early enough to get a perfect on your first step, and that's exactly what happens. It'll change the judgement of the first arrow instead of letting you keep your good. I emailed DDR Community about it and said that Microsoft probably has a policy against impossible achievements. That I don't know for sure, but I'll hopefully get a reply.

Mustkill9
11-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Yeah. That's the last challenge I have left to complete. It's absolutely impossible.

If you wanna practice it, go into edit mode and select measure 20 of Streamline, expert. It's not a long load time at all. I've been over this with many people many times.

The notes don't register when you hit them. They register after they past the shadow arrows, and because they're so close together, getting a good on the 3rd step means stepping early enough to get a perfect on your first step, and that's exactly what happens. It'll change the judgement of the first arrow instead of letting you keep your good. I emailed DDR Community about it and said that Microsoft probably has a policy against impossible achievements. That I don't know for sure, but I'll hopefully get a reply.

There have been a few instances of glitched achievements, and I think the game creaters get away with it. Tiger Woods 06 comes to mind as a pretty controversial one, because it was early in the 360's existance. I'm pretty sure you can find discussion about the glitched achievements if you go to the x360a TW06 forum. I remember there's an achievement in Smash TV that is definitely glitched. And Rayman Raving Rabids might not be glitched, but it's so hard that no one can get them.

This guy Sufoor who got banned has at least 2 impossible to unlock achievements, so that shows there must be a way to unlock achievements without actually earning them.

Shadow Kisuragi
11-12-2008, 12:59 AM
There are many ways of unlocking impossible achievements. The NXE (New Xbox Experience) is removing a few of those ways, including "gamesaving" and "second profile glitch/SPG", so hopefully we'll be seeing less of this.

Also, yes, Microsoft does have a policy that all achievements must be unlockable.

Hypnotik Andrew
11-17-2008, 05:37 AM
the fourth floor at universe tower is ridiculous

dakisbac
01-03-2009, 10:00 PM
the fourth floor at universe tower is ridiculous

This. I've switched over to the controller and I'm still getting raped.

Also, whoever mentioned the glitched achievements in the other games- that was before M$ laid down the law on the achievement policy. Then again, the achievement is probably unlockable (not like I'll ever find out) it's just damn near impossible to achieve

miguel56
01-09-2009, 01:12 AM
good achievement list

Da CRU Mughhh
07-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Does anybody know if a Turbo controller will work for this game like the other ones?