PDA

View Full Version : Surround Sound?

EvilestBean
05-17-2008, 11:02 PM
I was thinking of buying some surround sound headphones but then i started to worry if they would work while im on my 360 gaming beacause ive heard some people say they couldnt plug it in or they had to buy a seperate thing or something for it to work lol? My t.v has one of those headset symbols where you just plug the headphones in, and was wondering if a pair of surround sound headphones would work while im gaming on my 360?

Thanks in advance.

Keano
05-17-2008, 11:07 PM
I was thinking of buying some surround sound headphones but then i started to worry if they would work while im on my 360 gaming beacause ive heard some people say they couldnt plug it in or they had to buy a seperate thing or something for it to work lol? My t.v has one of those headset symbols where you just plug the headphones in, and was wondering if a pair of surround sound headphones would work while im gaming on my 360?

Thanks in advance.

You can buy turtle beach's. They are surround sound headphones that are specifically designed for the 360. The Earforce X1's are wired and the X3's are wireless.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/

EvilestBean
05-17-2008, 11:14 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HA-SU700-Surround-Sound-Headphones/dp/B0000C79QX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1211069825&sr=8-1 what about these headphones would they work? are they compatible with gameing?

loren83
05-17-2008, 11:14 PM
I have both the X1 and X3. They are both really great and I would recommend them to anyone who needs to be quiet sometimes. If you don't care about the cord go for the X1 because the X3 has to stay within line of sight and devours batteries. I hope this helps.

D3adcell86
05-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Just know that with the headphones you aren't going to get the bass that you would receive from a real home theater set up. If you want one of the best headsets and don't mind spending a little money: http://www.astrogaming.com/equipment/index/ct/3/id/3

EvilestBean
05-17-2008, 11:29 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HA-SU700-Surround-Soun... what about these headphones would they work? are they compatible with gameing? So i can just plug into my t.v?

EvilestBean
05-17-2008, 11:48 PM
I have just looked at the turtlebeach x3's and i was wondering will it work in the UK?

D3adcell86
05-17-2008, 11:52 PM
You are not going to get surround sound through those with the 360. Since you have to plug those into a headphone jack (you said your tv has one) unless your tv also has a digital optical jack you aren't going to be getting surround, even if you did I don't know if you would get surround through the headphones.

EvilestBean
05-17-2008, 11:57 PM
i dont know what im looking for to be able to have surround sound lol? any ideas?

Ashz0r
05-18-2008, 12:03 AM
I don't understand the concept behind "Surround sound headphones" they have two stereo speakers on them? your not truly going to get "surround sound" ?

I would advise getting a surround sound 5:1 or 7:1 optical sound system. First your going to need to make sure you either have an optical port on your TV or your using the HDMI cable for your xbox with the optical audio splitter cable adapter connected to it.

This would be the easiest way for your 360 to get surround sound. But their are other ways but it depends on the connections on the back of your TV.

EvilestBean
05-18-2008, 12:04 AM
I don't understand the concept behind "Surround sound headphones" they have two stereo speakers on them? your not truly going to get "surround sound" ?

I would advise getting a surround sound 5:1 or 7:1 optical sound system. First your going to need to make sure you either have an optical port on your TV or your using the HDMI cable for your xbox with the optical audio splitter cable adapter connected to it.
I dont know what HDMI or a optical port is lol?

EvilestBean
05-18-2008, 12:18 AM
How do they work do they plug into ur tv or 360?

EvilestBean
05-18-2008, 12:24 AM
I have found a pair which is 5.1 sound and it says its compatibale with DVD, PC, VCD, CD, TV, MP3 and other audio/video sources so i take it, it will work on my t.v while im gaming?

EvilestBean
05-18-2008, 12:34 PM
I have got the X1 turtle beach headset coming, is it easy to set up will i have any trouble? sorry for the questions.

Cold Rival
05-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh my God, dude! Stop double posting! Use the Edit button!!

If you don't know how to set up a system for surround sound, Google it - have a look yourself! Stop posting and being lazy.

EvilestBean
05-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Oh my God, dude! Stop double posting! Use the Edit button!!

If you don't know how to set up a system for surround sound, Google it - have a look yourself! Stop posting and being lazy.
Im not being lazy, think what you want, do you really think i would post on here without checking first durhhh.

Keano
05-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Im not being lazy, think what you want, do you really think i would post on here without checking first durhhh.

I'm pretty sure the turtle beach's are easy to set up. They will come with instructions so I doubt it will be difficult.

Seriously though, try to edit your posts rather than post again because people will complain about double posts never mind quadruple posts.

EvilestBean
05-18-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm pretty sure the turtle beach's are easy to set up. They will come with instructions so I doubt it will be difficult.

Seriously though, try to edit your posts rather than post again because people will complain about double posts never mind quadruple posts.
K cheers mate at least you didnt start saying stop being lazy etc but at least that way u find out what people r really like.

Keano
05-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Here is a diagram that should help you undertsand how to set it up. Many people say that it looks like a lot of wires but it isn't really. I wouldn't know because I don't have a pair yet

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/Aidank93/X1_diagram1.jpg

EvilestBean
05-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Here is a diagram that should help you undertsand how to set it up. Many people say that it looks like a lot of wires but it isn't really. I wouldn't know because I don't have a pair yet

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/Aidank93/X1_diagram1.jpg
Cheers mate, what are those pink and green cables is the pink one for the pc and the green one for ur speakers so u can use them at the same time?

Do you just have to plug the USB cable into your xbox 360 and it works?

Sorry for the questions and double posting and I didnt reliase but i posted this thread in the forum sorry.

EvilestBean
05-18-2008, 06:58 PM
I have figured it all out now the red and white splitter goes into the red and white xbox 360 converter then the green goes into the green bit of the splitter then then red and white cables that came with then 360 go into the end of the splitters, while the yellow cable goes in as normal and the pink is for PC use only, i have finnaly figured it out, please tell me if i havent.

So is what i said right?

D3adcell86
05-18-2008, 08:32 PM
The only thing with that is you are not getting true surround, it is simulated surround like 5.1 Pro Logic instead of Dolby Digital. Should be a lot better then what you had before though, enjoy.

EvilestBean
05-18-2008, 09:21 PM
The only thing with that is you are not getting true surround, it is simulated surround like 5.1 Pro Logic instead of Dolby Digital. Should be a lot better then what you had before though, enjoy.
cheers mate, im not bothered if it isnt the real surround sound anything near it will do for me.

loren83
05-18-2008, 11:02 PM

You are right. I's only simulated but I have these headphones and they do a pretty good job of making it sound good. They are simple to hook up and they are amazingly comfortable. You should really enjoy these. Have fun.

EvilestBean
05-18-2008, 11:49 PM
So is what i said right? ^^^^^^^

loren83
05-18-2008, 11:59 PM
I assume you are talking about the connections. This is how it works.

1) Unplug the red/white audio cables from the tv and replace with the red/white splitter (supplied with the headset).
2) Connect the red/white audio cables to the back side of the splitter.
3) Connect the green male mini-plug to the female green mini-plug adapter on the splitter.
4) Plug the USB cable into the back of the 360.
5) The pink mini-plug is only for use with a PC.

This is all that is required to properly connect the headset to the 360. All that is left is to connect the controller to the inline volume control box when using voice chat. I hope this helps.

EvilestBean
05-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Thank you sooooooooooo much lol, this is all i wanted someone just to tell me how to set it up i have asked and serched every were but i couldnt find a detailed answer, i figured it out earlier as u can see a couple of posts above ^^^^.

But thanks loren83 you have put my mind at rest, because i was worried i wouldnt be able to get it to work because 1) I dont know much about splitters and cables lol and 2) i thought i would of have to get a surround system lol.

I know i should of made my question clearer i dont know why i didnt lol, but thanks again loren83.

loren83
05-19-2008, 12:16 AM
No problem, glad I could be of some assistance. I hope you enjoy the new headset. It makes playing online shooter a lot more fun since you can really get an idea of where the enemy is coming from, especially COD4. Nothing compares to true Surround Sound but when you need to be quiet or want to block out any distractions, this is the way to do it.

EvilestBean
05-19-2008, 12:20 AM
No problem, glad I could be of some assistance. I hope you enjoy the new headset. It makes playing online shooter a lot more fun since you can really get an idea of where the enemy is coming from, especially COD4. Nothing compares to true Surround Sound but when you need to be quiet or want to block out any distractions, this is the way to do it.
So i take it the sound is good and u can hear the game sounds clearly? also can u turn it up max volume and no one else can hear it accept me?

loren83
05-19-2008, 12:49 AM
The sound quality is great. If you turn the volume up to max people around you will here it but I guarantee you that you won't hear them. You probably won't even be able to have it up to max as they get very loud. Also, if you are using them for online play you will probably want to be careful if people are around that might be trying to sleep, because you tend to talk louder so that you can hear yourself. That is the nice thing about the X3 that I also own. It puts some of your voice back in so that you don't talk so loud. A lot of people would argue that the X3's are no good because they are wireless but if you have rechargeable batteries on hand they work out fine.

EvilestBean
05-19-2008, 09:14 AM
The sound quality is great. If you turn the volume up to max people around you will here it but I guarantee you that you won't hear them. You probably won't even be able to have it up to max as they get very loud. Also, if you are using them for online play you will probably want to be careful if people are around that might be trying to sleep, because you tend to talk louder so that you can hear yourself. That is the nice thing about the X3 that I also own. It puts some of your voice back in so that you don't talk so loud. A lot of people would argue that the X3's are no good because they are wireless but if you have rechargeable batteries on hand they work out fine.
lol, cheers anyway mate.