PDA

View Full Version : HD problems

knockton55
05-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Okay, I have set HD up on my tv and it's working fine...however there is no sound? Any help would be nice, I have a Warfendale HD Ready TV.

Thanks

Bax x360a
05-18-2008, 03:40 PM
You double checked you've plugged the plugs in the correct ports? If I remember correctly, there is two plugs the same colour which I got the wrong way round the first time I tried plugging them in. That might be you're problem. Also, if your TV has a HDMI port, using that is highly recommended.

DHSlash
05-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Make sure you have plugged in the white and red audio leads as well into ur HDTV, as the green blue and orange ones are just for the video.

My brother did this same mistake and its pretty easy to do with those cables with so many leads coming off it.

DeathMinion111
05-18-2008, 04:01 PM
How is it connected to your tv?

knockton55
05-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Right, I dont know much about technology and stuff so i'll run you through what I have.

- The basic Red, White and Yellow Scart Cable's
- 3 other ones which are HD I thinks? Red, Blue and Green with grayed bottoms

I have the HD scarts connected in all the right places, and my Red and White scarts connected, with the yellow one hanging out.

The picture is perfect, but there is no sound, at all????

knockton55
05-18-2008, 04:16 PM
hmmm, maybe a HDMI Cable'll do it????

Parkerktm
05-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Yea triple check that you plugged all the composite cables in correctly, when i plugged in my cables for the my HDTV i messed something up and didn't have sound. Once i went back to look i realized my mistake

Bax x360a
05-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Yea triple check that you plugged all the composite cables in correctly, when i plugged in my cables for the my HDTV i messed something up and didn't have sound. Once i went back to look i realized my mistake
Same happened here obviously. I geuss you've already checked this and I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but the volume is turned up right? Maybe you have to alter some settings actually in your TV menus?

loren83
05-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Are you using any kind of a/v receiver? If not you may want to try to move the component cables to a different input (ex. from "Component 1" to "Component 2"). This means ensuring that all 5 cables are on the same input. Most HD televisions have at least two sets of component inputs. If it works on that set then you may have a bad set of inputs on the tv.

synister EFFECT
05-18-2008, 09:06 PM
1. There shouldn't be a yellow plugged in, or at least mine's like this.

2. Try switching the 2 red plugs, as you may have them backwards.

3. Make sure you have the white in the one labeled "R" and the 2nd red one in the one labeled "L"(May have it backwards, they're color labeled so if I had them backwards, just put them according to color)

4. If this does not work, check you blue and green cables, as I'm pretty sure one of those is sound. I have a HDTV downstairs, but I only used it twice. 1st time it had no sound because I had the green and blue backwards lol.

D3adcell86
05-18-2008, 09:08 PM
You sure you plugged the audio leads into the same input as the HD cables? You may have plugged them into a different input.

Otisbum
05-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Since you said the picture's fine, it has nothing to do with the Red Blue and Green component cables, as those each pertain to a video input.

The problem is with your audio (Red and Yellow) cables. When you plug the RBG cables into your TV, is it labeled Component 1 or Component 2 on TV? You might have your audio plugged into the wrong section.

knockton55
05-19-2008, 04:25 PM
All the cable's are in right, all in the right slots. I use a component thing on my tv.....im not sure how to change it though to for example component 2?....I have component and thats it....any idea on how to get a component 2?

Ashz0r
05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
This may sound like a silly question but im guessing this is for your 360?
If so on the 360 component cable have you flicked the switch on it from TV to HDTV? Alot of people forget to do this but I don't think you would get picture if this was the problem.

Also if you have a HDMI port on the TV and on whatever your plugging into your TV I would advise using a HDMI cable anyway.

http://files.xboxic.com/general/hdmi-interface.jpg

Take a picture of the connections on your TV for us and we can tell you where the cables are supposed to go just incase you've got them in the wrong ports.

knockton55
05-21-2008, 04:56 PM
my cable's are in the right ports I know for a fact they are....my xbox dosent have the HDMI port because it has survived since 06 and dosent have one, only the newer xbox's have HDMI's. I suspect my component system is messed up, audio on one....video on the other, any suggestions? Because its in HD, right now my xbox....but with no sound :(

Parkerktm
05-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Same happened here obviously. I geuss you've already checked this and I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but the volume is turned up right? Maybe you have to alter some settings actually in your TV menus?

I have volume now, i fixed the issue within the first 30 minutes. It had nothing to do with the tv settings i just simply plugged the Video composite cables in a different input then the audio, once i switched the audio cables to input 2 where my video composite cables were, i was good to go.