PDA

View Full Version : Is this any good

the_b1ues
05-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Im a huge lost fan but bit wairy of getting this game. To any other lost fans what do you think is it worth it. Does it add more depth to the lost story or doest ruin it abit. What do you think?

DNBJerk
05-19-2008, 04:15 AM
As a major Lost fan, I would say yes. It is worth it. It doesn't add or ruin anything.

the_b1ues
05-19-2008, 08:58 PM
cool nice one might get this then

sensespanic
05-20-2008, 11:03 AM
I dont think I agree with saying that it doesn't add anything. The ending certainly shows us a side of the story that we have yet to see. I dont want to get into too much detail for risk of spoiling the story but the ending of the game introduces an idea that has yet to be talked about in the show (and when I say show that includes every episode up to the most recent ones).

happysox
05-20-2008, 11:12 AM
I agree with Sensespanic, but must say that this game really takes away from the overal qualityof the show.
One of the great things about Lost is the visuals and how the show is filmed. It is like watching a 1hr movie every week. And of course the story is awesome.
The game however really sucks. They trew some crap together with original xbox graphics and put the Lost name on it. They knew we would buy it wether they made the game great or spent 5 minutes throwing some crap together. we got the crap and they got good profit margins.

Seriousely though. if you are a die hard fan and feel that you have toplay this, try to watch as many cut scenes as possible on Youtube or worse case scenario, buy the game on e-bay for as little as possible. Follow the guide and be done in less than 4 hours.

Molneze3
05-20-2008, 11:24 AM
After i got into it a little bit, i thought it was a pretty cool game. Don't play the game expecting it to follow the actual story of the show... it is its own story almost. So, i thought it just adds to the experience a little.
The ending makes the whole game worth it. Kinda a shocker!

[M]ike
05-20-2008, 09:27 PM
It was a nice game, I liked the fact they didn't go for the sterotype of playing as the main character (Would be Jack in this case), your a totally new character (Elliot Maslow) and you have to figure out your past as you suffer from amnesia, you experience the survivers become suspicous of you etc. It's a great play, I won't say much more, but yeah, it's worth it. Also, since this is a gamerscore forum, if you use a guide to make sure you dont miss the photograph locations, then it's an easy 1000 in a few hours :P
Lastly, if your UK, GAME(.co.uk) are selling this for 18 now so that's proberly the cheapest you can get it from a store (maybe cheaper off eBay?)

MightyWingo
05-20-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm a pretty big lost fan and I found this game enjoyable. Its certainly not going to win any game of the year awards but its fun in its own right. I would probably recommend renting as opposed to buying though. It's a pretty short game and not worth paying full price to own IMO.

Steelhead
05-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Not being a Lost watcher, I thought the game was horrible. There is an upside though. The VERY well done guide on this site makes it an extremely easy 1K. I can't remember who did the guide, but they did a kick-ass job on it http://www.ledslingers.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/yes.gif

p0rtfan
06-04-2008, 11:11 AM
as a big fan of the show i had mixed feelings about this. the story wasnt bad but i didnt like the gameplay. there was too much looking for fuses etc..

DNBJerk
06-11-2008, 04:16 PM
They really cheesed up some of the characters. Locke especially.

Or when Charlie said "MONSTER!" That was crackin me up at how ridiculous it was.

Chorley
06-29-2008, 03:16 PM
i was tempted to get this when i saw some video clips early on, but a friend of mine rented it to try it, got his 1k and said it was terrible, doesn't reveal anything about the show and was boring

Oldbeagle
06-29-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm not a fan of the show, I havent seen enough of it to make a decision, I should probably rent season 1. However, I have seen bits and pieces to know some things about the show.

I enjoyed the game. it reminded me of an old point and click adventure (maniac mansion-ish). No, the game is nothing like that. But that was the vibe I got going through the game. It was trying to find the objects that gave me this feel. The game is very easy and very short. Few of the achievements are missable....I stumbled upon 2/3 items for one by accident. Generally if it says "I should take a picture", do it.

My only gripe is I wish it was longer.

SpookSh0w
08-14-2008, 05:53 PM
I've never seen the series Lost but many of the gameplay elements in Lost: Via Domus are about as exciting as walking to the corner store to get a carton of milk and your mp3 player dies halfway through the trip.

I wouldn't recommend purchasing this game even for someone who enjoys the series, although it will be an enjoyable rental

Anyone looking for achievement points will find an easy 1000 within 5 hours using the guide, and for your own sanity be sure to use it lol

Phil the Bear
08-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I am a fan of the show for the record and this game is pretty bad. It is however only 5 hours long max for the full 1K.

So if you are a fan I would recommend renting it and getting the points and then you get to see for yourself how they managed to make it so boring.

One thing worth noting though - despite this being a bad game - it isnt the sort of game where you hate every second you play it and slog through to the end. It is just very bland.

Hope that helps.

kiwi18
08-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Why drag up a 2 month old thread?

Blue Radium
08-19-2008, 07:57 AM
If you are a fan, you will appreciate the portion of the storyline at the end of the game. You will see a lot of things that you can't see in the show about the main characters, and like I said, the ending will really add to what you think the producers have set up as boundaries for the direction the show can head. They specifically said alternate dementions are never going to implemented, but this really had me second guessing that...

Not a very good game for the gameplay, you will appreciate the story, and the gamerscore is easy. So I say rent it, as it only holds about 8 hours of gameplay at the most.

touchmynoodle55
08-29-2008, 05:35 AM
Thanks alot this helped me decide weather i shall or wont get it. thanks

uegstevie
09-01-2008, 07:31 PM
i think this game is very simular to the movie
it has good grafics
easy 1000g
first time round of playin without this site help i got 900g
now im going round second time doing the achievements i need to do
overall 9/10 :Bounce:

Lotto1215
11-26-2008, 12:17 AM
yah its an alright game, if u like the show u will find interest in the game

Purge
11-29-2008, 12:33 PM
You MUST have this game if your a Lost fan.

phatstrat
12-22-2008, 09:15 AM
My roommate had this game and I thought I would try it. I am not really a fan of the show and I found the game to be pretty terrible. The mystery part is okay but without the guides it would be almost unplayable. I could not imagine trying to figure out all the obscure stuff on my own. My hat's off to whoever did. Maybe it would have been better if I liked the show.

aquaboy1976
12-22-2008, 09:36 AM
As a big fan of LOST and a gamer, this game was quite the disappointment. It was a disappointment to not have the original actors voicing the characters (I know some of them did, it should have been all of them though). From what I remember, the gameplay was pretty bland. The story was boring. Hearing Locke calling you "son" all the time was pretty bad. Running through the forest and having the others perched in trees shooting at you was silly.

The only good thing about the game was the ending (which Damon Lindelof suggested to them). It just really felt like the game was rushed and thrown together.

If you are really curious though, you should just rent it and judge for yourself. You might like it. It just wasn't for me, too much of a disappointment. It is an easy 1000 points though!

Gage3Wade
02-01-2009, 08:10 PM
its an easy 1000 GS :):)

Missingnin80
02-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Overall i would say although its not exactly a solid gold classic it`s not the worst game out there either. Some of the repetitive puzzles get a bit annoying but there are some nice touches here and there, not all of the cast members supply their voices however most of the characters are imitated well. It`s quite playable although simple- you might want to rent it first before spending the money....

Denny Crane
02-15-2009, 04:57 AM
if you love lost then you will love this game just because, its unconditional.

raggyt
04-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Is this a good game? In a word.....NO.

Yung Lil Fly
04-06-2009, 02:32 AM
It's pretty boring at the beginning, but at the end, it gets kind of exciting. An easy 1000 though.

timmy2thej
04-08-2009, 02:17 PM
It's pretty boring at the beginning, but at the end, it gets kind of exciting. An easy 1000 though.

It gets MORE exciting than it was, but still pretty slackin'.

Denny Crane
04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Is this a good game? In a word.....NO.
good enough for you to get 1000 in it. what a champ.

the_b1ues
04-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Cant beleave this thread is still going i posted this like 6 months ago and i never did by it lol.

Denny Crane
04-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Cant beleave this thread is still going i posted this like 6 months ago and i never did by it lol.
i tried and it worked

CyanideSpirit
04-13-2009, 03:28 AM
Just got it for the points