PDA

View Full Version : Best Free Arcade games

Maka
05-19-2008, 12:03 AM
*Denotes games that were temporarily free

Now, lately I've been playing a lot of arcade games and re-visiting some old games, and it got me to thinking. I've gotten quite a few of the arcade games free, and for the most part they aren't either great nor bad.

I think Texas Hold em' was probably the best one (the one I most played) with Aegis Wing in the very close second. There have been many others, which is your favourite?

Bodangles
05-19-2008, 12:09 AM
I have to give Undertow the win here. Although Aegi's was very fun, I just felt like there was a lot of replayability and creativity in Undertow. In Aegi's you had pretty much the same thing every level except new bosses, whereas Undertow had different ships and Acts to each campaign.

I'm sure Hold 'Em was fun, but I haven't gotten around to playing it, as much of a card shark I am :(

Blackjaw x
05-19-2008, 12:12 AM
I voted for Texas Hold 'Em and Totemball (which wasn't just temporary, by the way).

Cool that you could vote for more than one!

Both are ridiculous for achievements, but here is my reasoning:

Texas Hold 'Em is a great poker game. It's very fun to play, one of my favourite arcade games. I learned poker from this game actually, and now win money in real life (with friends).

Totemball sucks at first. Blows, incontrollable, you hate it. But if you give it patience, use this online "flash hand simulator" you control with your keyboard, it becomes a great platformer. Large levels, long campaign, many playmodes, great graphics, and, er... an oddly satisfying "jump across the islands" feel... don't know why, I get some weird mental craving to play just to jump across. It's weird, but I do. It's like a really good flash computer platformer. (When you use your keyboard).

antnie
05-19-2008, 12:13 AM
I never knew that Texas Hold 'Em was free, is it still free. My vote right now since I dont have texas is Ageis wing.

Andrew14man
05-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Aegis Wing was great little fun game (at least for a while) reminds me of Radien.

PS.

:offtopic:Maka, can u plz change your sig. I hate being on a school com and people go "OMG wat are u lookin at?"

Parkerktm
05-19-2008, 12:23 AM
When was Texas hold Em' Free? Is it still free?

I liked Undertow alot but i've only played it for 5 minutes, i still need to get around to beating it.

Yaris sucks though

Bishop24
05-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Texas Hold 'Em wasn't free when I bought it a few months ago, so I would say no it's not free anymore.

Birky
I really enjoyed Aegis Wing and Undertow. I would have payed for both of them. Although they are both by far my two favorite arcade games, Aegis takes the cake for the simple fact that it is one of the few games my dad enjoys playing with me.

But boosting in both games was fun with Bobby :) Undertow 10,000 kills was a few too many, but having a buddy makes it easier ;)

o0 TommyGuns 0o
my votes for aegis wing i only got that and yaris for free and yaris sucks

05-19-2008, 12:39 AM
My vote is for Carcassone.

Maka
05-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Aegis Wing was great little fun game (at least for a while) reminds me of Radien.

PS.

:offtopic:Maka, can u plz change your sig. I hate being on a school com and people go "OMG wat are u lookin at?"

You shouldnt be on this site at school anyways. I'm at school and on this site almost everyday, and nobody asked anything. You may have to be a little more discrete...

The matter of the fact is.... that it's a lamp.

You can tell me whatever you want, but for now it is this, until I beat Burnout it will most likely stay the same.

When was Texas hold Em' Free? Is it still free?

The first 48 hours it came out it was free.

D3adcell86
05-19-2008, 04:19 AM
Aegis Wing is my favorite. I am not big on poker and don't really care for texas hold em.

Undertow was fun to play with a friend though.

gatorbait
05-19-2008, 04:30 AM

PS.

Haha, are you seriously asking him to change his sig. I think it is awesome.

I picked Carcasonne. Undertow was a great game for MS to throw at us for free but Carcasonne was the most fun out of all those games mentioned for me.

synister EFFECT
05-19-2008, 04:30 AM
Well I voted for Aegis wing and Undertow, but only if you're playing Aegis Wing multiplayer. It's so much fun to play with friends. I only played Undertow once, and I thought it was pretty cool. I might have to go back and play that lol. I missed the ooportunity to get all the other ones though, and for 2 of them(almost 3, got undertow on last day:woop:), my xbox was in repair when they came out for free.

Royle
05-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Undertow is the best because the story mode is good and there is a new expansion pack out which adds a bit more replay value and it's a moderate 200 and there is a online mode.
Edit: Maka what is your lamp meant to look like?

[Waggly Bean]
05-19-2008, 01:54 PM
I voted for 2.

Aegis Wing for multiplayer fun, and for single player I gave Yaris the big thumbs up! :p

I'm sorry, but it's really not that bad a game - I'll admit it's not great but it has a certain charm to it....

shadaik
05-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Is Hexic HD not free in the US or does it not count because you cannot download it (pre-installed)?

Bishop24
05-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Is Hexic HD not free in the US or does it not count because you cannot download it (pre-installed)?

It's no longer on the Xbox Live Marketplace anymore, they took it away.

Kyle0wnz
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I voted for Aegis Wing, 'Cause it's the only one I've played :P.

~Kyle

sir gibo
05-19-2008, 07:07 PM
casson is great but dint get free tho :(

Tussell
05-19-2008, 07:18 PM
I can't play poker. - Texas Hold 'em
I hate cars. - Yaris
I don't understand - Carcassone
I hate broken games - Totem Ball
I haven't played it much, no reason to - Undertow

I have nothing much to say about Aegis Wing, so that's why I picked it... In all honesty though, all the free games suck.

Kwyjibo3637
05-19-2008, 10:06 PM
I have 100% in Carcassonne and I still play it with friends..it even led me to get the board game.

njdevils17
05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Aegis Wing for me. It was challenging and it's a great game to play with 4 people especially on insane.

rhino185
05-19-2008, 11:52 PM
I would have to say Undertow. I love the controls.

deathchant
05-19-2008, 11:55 PM
i voted for aegis wing. i still go back and play that game whenever anyone wants to play multiplayer. i love old school scrolling shooters. i would love to see a sequal for this game or something similar that doesnt cut down the screen size a-la ikaruga or triggerheart excelica

vhayste
05-20-2008, 12:20 AM
I've chosen Undertow.

Dukefan45
05-20-2008, 01:36 AM
I chose Carcassone, butI didn't really enjoy any of these games (haven't played texas hold em' yet).

onemorechanc
05-20-2008, 05:28 PM
I like Aegis Wing (reminds me of the old-school arcade games) and Carcassone (strategy game that doesn't take a long time).

I usually like racing games, but Yaris was just awful.

Edable Giraffe
05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
when was texas hold 'em free?

and i voted Yaris, its so bad that there is a slight amount of fun hidden in it
as a serious oppinion though id say aegis wing (even though it was probally more trouble than its worth)

LFCDANNY 2k8
05-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Anyone voting Yaris deserves shot :p

Never knew carcassone was free?

Perfectionist66
05-21-2008, 04:19 AM
aegis wing all the way. I'm so pro :D

MightyWingo
05-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I'd have to say aegis wing, it was pretty fun.

MyAbsolution
05-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Wholeheartedly, I have to vote Carcassone.

It is both strategic and easy to learn. I enjoy stealing people's farms, and castles, watching them suffer and generally stealing victories :) I think I'm pretty good. I was shocked to find out how good this board game really is, and I will vehemently recommend it to anyone. Great game.

Randomnutta
05-22-2008, 07:29 AM
i picked texas hold em even tho its not free in aus

thenightmare
05-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Aegis Wing was the best, controls were tight, achievements arent too hard and the multiplayer was sweet. Especially the ability to graft on to another ship and just relax and shoot. Used to do that to my friend so I could nap and he do all the work for the achievements

shadaik
05-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Alright, created an US account (who knew I was from SanFran), downloaded Aegis Wing and Yaris, checked them out and definitely give Aegis Wing the favor.

Yaris handles just terrible, though it could have been fun. The concept is cool, would have loved to see it done better.
Also, the other games are not my genre.

Namaste
05-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Are Texas Hold Em and Totem Ball still free?

vhayste
05-24-2008, 01:12 AM
I really loved Undertow a lot.

x McGrim x
05-24-2008, 05:10 AM
I loved Carcassone, but then I liked the actual board game too. Aegis Wing wasn't really that great in my opinion.

B Rad8908
05-24-2008, 02:40 PM
I have all of the free arcade games except for Texas Hold'em, I would have to say Aegis Wing is by far the best of all the free arcade games. All the others are boring.

its delicious
06-15-2008, 02:48 AM
Carcassonne. I was surprised by how much fun I had with it. Undertow was decent, but the 10,000 kills achievement is hardly worth it.