PDA

View Full Version : anyone think this is gonna blow rock band away?

CriscoDisco878
05-19-2008, 12:29 AM
i completely think rock band wont have an answer to this, it's gonna be amazing. the drums are way better, plus its guitar hero, so its better than the first rock band anyway

xRogue 5x
05-19-2008, 12:32 AM
Three cheers for rip off hero. Its gonna tank and fall before rockband. Guitar hero has been on the way out ever since guitar hero III. Crappy achievements, not so good ad-ons (boss battles? give me a break), Aerosmith addition (really? Way to exploit your fan base) and now resorting to copying rock band.

eli1277
05-19-2008, 12:39 AM
i completely think rock band wont have an answer to this, it's gonna be amazing. the drums are way better, plus its guitar hero, so its better than the first rock band anyway

I for one am looking forward to GHIV

Lucent Beam
05-19-2008, 01:14 AM
I think GH4 will still be fun, but I think it won't be as good as Rock Band in the end, especially with DLC. Rock Band was made to be an awesome game.... GH4 is made to be a game to compete with that awesome game... no real innovation I can see so far. We'll see though.

Facial La Fleur
05-19-2008, 04:32 AM
One feature alone will destroy Rock Band and that is GHIV's superior drum set up. If you haven't seen a picture of this thing then head over to game informer and check it out. It is nearly identical to an electronic kit with pads exclusive to cymbals. It will be a lot more like playing real drums than Rock Band's supposed claim of really rockin' out. Maybe I won't be getting Rock Band after all with the release of this installment so close.

CriscoDisco878
05-19-2008, 02:06 PM
to all say dlc is a big factor. rock bands dlc sucks. the only good thing they ever did was put metallica on there. really another sonic youth song? 4 songs from the clash, and multiple david bowie and the police songs, they just keep re releasing the same crap over and over again. guitar hero in the past month has released the muse pack and the def leppard pack and both have been good. also the previous packs have been good. and as for copying i count 5 plus songs from gh3 in rock band. so i think rock band should be more concerned about copying

p.s. the reason i'm so anti rock band is because my drums broke and i emailed and went to ea.com they decided to not email me back. so harmonix can lick my balls

Dukefan45
05-20-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Rogue. Guitar Hero is on its last breath, and its a complete copy of its dominator, Rockband.

Unless Guitar Hero were to sign some major artist to an exclusive deal, then I believe this may be their last game.

CriscoDisco878
05-20-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Rogue. Guitar Hero is on its last breath, and its a complete copy of its dominator, Rockband.

Unless Guitar Hero were to sign some major artist to an exclusive deal, then I believe this may be their last game.

funny because guitar hero is one of the most successful games ever. and its sold more than rock band and its better.

GTukC
05-21-2008, 01:33 PM
See I for one love the GH series and am looking forward to RB's release in 2 days here in the UK, but Guitar Hero with drums?! If thats the case then they need to re-name their franchise to Band Hero or something! I personally don't like Aerosmith that much but I'm a GH junkie and will buy it like I'm sure most people who play Gh will regardless as to whether they like Aerosmith or not.

khalani12
05-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Three cheers for rip off hero. Its gonna tank and fall before rockband. Guitar hero has been on the way out ever since guitar hero III. Crappy achievements, not so good ad-ons (boss battles? give me a break), Aerosmith addition (really? Way to exploit your fan base) and now resorting to copying rock band.

I heard they said they werernet gonna have powere ups in this battle mode, they had nowhere to go but here, I think that theyre gonna have a main project like this and a side (like aeropsmith mybe metallica next) for the rest of the time

antnie
05-22-2008, 10:32 PM
I think Rock Band is going to stay around, it will be just as good as guitar hero is going to be.

good ol boy366
05-30-2008, 06:42 PM
to all say dlc is a big factor. rock bands dlc sucks. the only good thing they ever did was put metallica on there. really another sonic youth song? 4 songs from the clash, and multiple david bowie and the police songs, they just keep re releasing the same crap over and over again. guitar hero in the past month has released the muse pack and the def leppard pack and both have been good. also the previous packs have been good. and as for copying i count 5 plus songs from gh3 in rock band. so i think rock band should be more concerned about copying

agreed. but lets be honest, no ones being original here...konami was the first to do all of this stuff, so who cares who's copying who?

personally, as someone who held off on getting rb...im really looking forward to world tour...from the early impressions, it looks superior in just about every way.

spankyNspronkle
05-31-2008, 04:16 AM
I think that its funny that most people are claiming it to be far superior before that much info is truely available... I mean yea, the drum set is more advanced.... but i dont know many people that can beat rb drums on expert... so adding another pad isnt going to make it any easier... and probably will just be more frustrating (especially because we all know gh makes a challenging game...)

I have also read about the create a song but there isnt enough info yet to really determine how worthwhile or worthless this will truely be. So with those two items out the window... what is truely that much more superior?

What really suprises me is how many people are taking sides. I think both games (GH3 and RB) are great and see no reason to choose only one. I think that it will be a large waste of money to have to buy a new mic and a new drum kit for GH4, but other than that I don't see a reason to be against it... or to be swearing off RB2 either...

M85A21
05-31-2008, 04:19 AM
What's with all the GH games !!!!

Stufin135
05-31-2008, 03:56 PM
there is enough room in the market for both (or all 3 including rock revoloution which will probally be the first to go)

DLC is not a rip off as its down to personal opinion on what you like with it. Where as guitar hero go for chalenging guitar which only one song which was already on the disc has been challenging it easy for them to find good DLC. Rock band has it hard as it has to find good for all 4 or a majority. the songs are similar but you cant say who got the band first you dont actually know. also when they get a band they get the BAND not the SONG if sonic youth were only giving out kool thing they you have to have kool thing.

also from the gameplay footage ive seen with tony hawk it doesn't look as impressive as Rock Bands gameplay (ps tony hawk is shit at guitar dont give him it ;))

i say this as a fan of both games more rock band infact

xCOBRAx
06-05-2008, 04:59 PM

p.s. the reason i'm so anti rock band is because my drums broke and i emailed and went to ea.com they decided to not email me back. so harmonix can lick my balls

funny because guitar hero is one of the most successful games ever. and its sold more than rock band and its better.

you must be 12...my turn.

to your first quote. completely opinion based and while you may not enjoy any of the DLC that has been released doesnt mean that others dont. Furthermore at least Harmonix does what it says they are going to do. They promised a rigorous DLC schedule and while you may not like it they have delivered. Muse? congrats RB has that too. Cant really complain about copying songs because guess what...its not up to them really. No matter how bad either company wants the track in the game its up to the artists. I can see how many artists would want to reach out to a larger audience and plus if they were copying then the notecharts would actually be similar instead of far superior.

your drums broke and you emailed them once? boo hoo. i feel for you, ive been thru two drums sets now, but havent had a problem and my friends who have had to replace havent had a problem either. Maybe u expected it to get done for you? Plus you dont just email them directly you fill out an online form. Also how do you know that the new guitar hero equipment will be any better. There has been a noticeable decline in quality of guitars from GH1-3. Take a look at the Les PAul for example. There are known issues between the neck and the body....mine broke 31 days after i purchased it with no warranty to deal with the fact that it was a piece of junk.

Whats your definition of successful because last time i checked Halo was still the biggest selling game. Not only that to compare one franchise with 4 games across 5 platforms to one game on two platforms is flawed. Additionally Rock band has sold more DLC to date as is the most successful game with regards to DLC

all in all i think your just flaming cuz your pissed about your drums. I think that DLC release for GH:WT is incredibly important. I for one got bored wit the main setlist in rock band after playing thru it three separate times. Without the DLC it would just be another game on the shelf and 180 bucks down the toilet. if im gonna drop $189.99 + tax id like to get some longevity out of the game

Perfectionist66
06-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Three cheers for rip off hero. Its gonna tank and fall before rockband. Guitar hero has been on the way out ever since guitar hero III. Crappy achievements, not so good ad-ons (boss battles? give me a break), Aerosmith addition (really? Way to exploit your fan base) and now resorting to copying rock band. You have said this in the most perfect, simplistic way ever. This should be a religion.

Feel My Rage
06-10-2008, 04:46 AM
you must be 12...my turn.

to your first quote. completely opinion based and while you may not enjoy any of the DLC that has been released doesnt mean that others dont. Furthermore at least Harmonix does what it says they are going to do. They promised a rigorous DLC schedule and while you may not like it they have delivered. Muse? congrats RB has that too. Cant really complain about copying songs because guess what...its not up to them really. No matter how bad either company wants the track in the game its up to the artists. I can see how many artists would want to reach out to a larger audience and plus if they were copying then the notecharts would actually be similar instead of far superior.

your drums broke and you emailed them once? boo hoo. i feel for you, ive been thru two drums sets now, but havent had a problem and my friends who have had to replace havent had a problem either. Maybe u expected it to get done for you? Plus you dont just email them directly you fill out an online form. Also how do you know that the new guitar hero equipment will be any better. There has been a noticeable decline in quality of guitars from GH1-3. Take a look at the Les PAul for example. There are known issues between the neck and the body....mine broke 31 days after i purchased it with no warranty to deal with the fact that it was a piece of junk.

Whats your definition of successful because last time i checked Halo was still the biggest selling game. Not only that to compare one franchise with 4 games across 5 platforms to one game on two platforms is flawed. Additionally Rock band has sold more DLC to date as is the most successful game with regards to DLC

all in all i think your just flaming cuz your pissed about your drums. I think that DLC release for GH:WT is incredibly important. I for one got bored wit the main setlist in rock band after playing thru it three separate times. Without the DLC it would just be another game on the shelf and 180 bucks down the toilet. if im gonna drop $189.99 + tax id like to get some longevity out of the game

Well said my friend, well said.You have covered all the points brought up against rock band by one individual with relative ease it seems.Wonder if you can do it with the whole comunity of "GH4 will be the RB killer" fan-boys/girls?;)

In all seriousness though, you cant try to wreck a game because you don't like the DLC, thats YOUR fault(it IS your opinion after all), and as for broken instruments....whoop-de-friggin-do.My Mic is the only thing that is NOT broken, but i'm makin the best of it.I've never even filled out the application to get the new equipment.

Oh yeah, and talk to EA about the instrument, don't be pissed with Harmonix about EA's stupidity.Try figuring things out for once.....or at least thinking about your problems

DiGGeR
06-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I think Rock band brought this genre to the next level and by doing so can be considered better than GH3. However, for those who say GH is dying? No way, just because they have real competition now with EA's Rock Band doesn't mean they will roll over and die. GH4 World Tour will be better than Rock Band. On the same note however I am sure Rock Band 2 will be better than GH4. Side note I'm pretty stoked about being able to create my own songs!

CRAPYKAUH
06-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Its too early to tell

I personally was and still am disgusted with Rock Band so unless this game totally sucks I will say yes

SYN Corleone XD
06-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Im a rockband fan! But I am super excited about the new Guitar Hero I really cant wait for it!

KindredPOKER
06-12-2008, 07:57 AM
In my opinion Rock Band isn't that good at all, the drums are sucky, the expert guitar/bass is way to easy. The only fun thing about Rock Band is the Band World Tour. All of the DLC is terrible, all samish, the only pack I bought was the new Disturbed one.

I was disappointed with it, and their way over-priced DLC. 160 for one song, lol.

Feel My Rage
06-13-2008, 03:26 AM
In my opinion Rock Band isn't that good at all, the drums are sucky, the expert guitar/bass is way to easy. The only fun thing about Rock Band is the Band World Tour. All of the DLC is terrible, all samish, the only pack I bought was the new Disturbed one.

I was disappointed with it, and their way over-priced DLC. 160 for one song, lol.
For the first bit about DLC: it is, again, your problem that you dont like the music Harmonix has released.They are doing their best to cater to ever niche in the musical world.Maybe they just havn't found yours?Who knows.

And 160 points a song, you're joking about that being a ripoff, right?Thats roughly $1.50-$2 per song.Tats barely more than if you purchase your songs from Itunes.Not to mention, if you havnt noticed, buying backs is acctually cheaper than buying all three songs seperatly.The only time that this does NOT apply is if you are buying a pack of 80 points songs, at which point the pack is the 240, the same as buying all the songs seperatly.

Also, in your fan-boy/girl-ism, you might want to take a moment to notice that Rock Band's DLC is acctually also CHEAPER than Guitar Hero's, plus, theres the little fact that you arn't forced to buy a pack of songs if all you want is one of the three songs, unlike Rock Band, as the only reason i havn't bought DLC for Guitar Hero is that I only want two of the songs they have put out, and im not gonna pay 1000 or so points for TWO songs.

You see, it's all about perspective.....and your's is a warped one my friend.

ElmoTrooperX
06-14-2008, 12:15 AM
I believe it will be a Sonic vs. Mario relationship. Guitar Hero Being Sonic (without the deteriorating game titles) Its harder and faster paced and just resonates personality.
While RB is mario who focuses mainly on jumping (ahead) and side titles (New ideas for musc rythm game and downloadable content.)
The two might always exist with each other, they arre two prominent titles that define Rythm gaming today. Tjhe only thing that might throw this off is their prices...

Two similar titles known for two different things. I'm not tryin to be phylisophical or anything I just thought to think of it that way.

ElmoTrooperX
06-14-2008, 12:16 AM

You are making this up as you go along aren't you?

Stufin135
06-14-2008, 03:57 PM
You are making this up as you go along aren't you?
lol did he make it that obvious. but i think he forgot to add that the lack of DLC is just disgraceful i mean guitar hero has 4x as much DLC (8x if you count star power)

nightmare975
06-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I for one don't want to shell out 100+ dollars for more equipment that barely fits into my stupid ass room and makes me play four impossible songs(yeah, you know, because there are four instruments they're going to do that) on expert for one 5 point achievement.

iAFXi
06-14-2008, 04:05 PM
There's no way GH will be as good as RB.

Full Metal COS
06-14-2008, 04:39 PM
O.K. I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring for this one, I'm personally looking forward to World tour, because frankly I was massively underwhelmed by the track list for rock band (steady guys, dont flame me just yet......) I will freely admit this is because I'm a dyed in the wool metaller, and Rock Band is full of (unsuprisingly, given the title) rock music, at least in GH3 after struggling through several naff playlists I got to songs like The Metal, Raining Blood (its hard, but its awesome) Before I forget, Stricken, etc. Now Rockband has recently released a Disturbed triple pack, which will probably be the first musical DLC I ever pay for, cos damn it, I want some metal!
On the downloadable content front, frankly its expensive on both games, I'd rather pay 30 for the next game than fork out for the odd song here and there (I got 70+ songs on GH3 for 30, how many DLC songs could I get for that price? till it can even vaguely get into equivalence you aint selling it to me................ literally)
Oh and on the song list front, GH: WT is promising the biggest setlist yet, being as its still GH3 that holds that crown, this news impresses me, I mean RB shipped with what? 50 songs?
Also the drum kit for GH looks sweet! hopefully they will be mature enough to make it compatible with Rock Band (after all thats why everyones taking sides anyway isnt it? cos you cant use RB's with GH?)
However thats my view........ ok guys, you've held it in long enough: Flame away!

hellomynameisjosh
06-14-2008, 08:01 PM
i believe this will be better than RB but when rock band comes up with another amazing thing, RB will be on top.

Feel My Rage
06-19-2008, 04:19 AM
Oh and on the song list front, GH: WT is promising the biggest setlist yet, being as its still GH3 that holds that crown, this news impresses me, I mean RB shipped with what? 50 songs?
Also the drum kit for GH looks sweet! hopefully they will be mature enough to make it compatible with Rock Band (after all thats why everyones taking sides anyway isnt it? cos you cant use RB's with GH?)

It was 58 songs rockband shipped with.;)

And, to be frank, yes, that is probably the reason most people are miffed at GH:WT(unless they just hate GH, i dunno).I know that it is the only reason I'm not happy with GH:WT.I would honestly love to be able to use my drums, mic, ect ect. with World Tour, seeing as I'm a big fan of both series.

Oh well, hopefully, you're right and they let both things be compatible.I don't see it happening though, seeing as the drums have 6 notes to play....and the drums star power is activated by hitting both cymbols at once

OldWIKI TIK
06-21-2008, 12:22 AM
I get a kick out of how everyone is saying that the drums are going to be, "soooo much better". How in the f**k do you know this? Because of a video put out by who else, the producer of the product??? Damn, the same things were said prior to the release of Rock Band and now everyone is bitching. Granted, the drums for rock band were not made as well as they should have been, but for cost reasons, I think they had to do it. I know quite a few people who have had their drums since release and they have not broken (and yes, they play drums a ton). What will sell me on this product will be the main set list, the DLC (as xcobrax said), and how the vocals are structured (curious to see) NO VIDEOS ON THAT YET!

DFILL450
06-21-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm looking forward to trying this out and seeing how it work , but i completely agree with rogue. I absolutely hate the guitar hero franchise now and the only reason I'll play this is because of the drums.

cool4joe
06-21-2008, 01:23 AM
I think it is funny how there are two sides to this game, the side that hates the addition of the drums and vocals and wants to stay guitar only and the side that hated guitar and may try drums. All I can say is, Guitar Hero won't please anyone atm so they should just do what they are doing because it's pleasing me and that's all that matters. :woop:

arCtiK AsSaSsIn
06-21-2008, 07:01 AM
My argument has arrived.

I was totally stunned by everything GH: WT had to offer on the IGN interview. I was amazed at the design for the guitar. The drums looked pretty sweet. I have always loved GH because it was actually challenging on the guitar, and that is what I want most.

"Look, it's Rip-off Hero!"
Seriously guys, drums, guitar, and vocals were made far before Rock Band was made, just not together.

The one thing that will make my purchase 100% guranteed on this game is the drum reliability. I hated the Rock Band drums. I always have. I stopped ordering them after the 5th set. GH4 better have good reliability or I'm going to start saving up for an electric drum set, because I want one so bad!

I am also going to wait and see what Rock Band 2 has to offer, but they are stuck on 4 pads for their drums unless they want to piss off their fanbase by making them all buy another set to play Rock Band 2.

Oh yeah, World Tour included this amazing gift from the heavens that nearly every fan of GH/RB has asked for. SONG CREATOR!! Yes my friends, shake in fear. Not only will GH: WT come with 80+ songs (I think?) you will also have the decision to create and play your own songs. Well you won't be able to put in a vocal track (sorry Wiki :p) but it will still kick ass.

Right now, as it stands:
Guitar Hero: World Tour > Rock Band 2

Now please excuse me, my fingers are bleeding horribly.

LIBERT4D
06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Rock Band's DLC sucks?

Lmaoooooo

OldWIKI TIK
06-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Oh yeah, World Tour included this amazing gift from the heavens that nearly every fan of GH/RB has asked for. SONG CREATOR!! Yes my friends, shake in fear. Not only will GH: WT come with 80+ songs (I think?) you will also have the decision to create and play your own songs. Well you won't be able to put in a vocal track (sorry Wiki :p) but it will still kick ass.

Right now, as it stands:
Guitar Hero: World Tour > Rock Band 2

Now please excuse me, my fingers are bleeding horribly.

See, another good reason to despise activision LOL!. They are obviously taking an enormous shit on me here! Besides, with the newest rumor of fully transferrable DLC for RB2, I do not count them out. As far as drums, why in the hell does everyone assume that GH can make a much more reliable set? I will believe it when I see it.

cool4joe
06-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Transferable DLC for RB2? I'll pass. The only songs that I actually bought and would want to play again was the Metallica pack, so if those 3 songs make RB2 a must buy then GH:WT should just put 3 awesome Metallica songs in.

ShiryuX
07-01-2008, 10:59 AM

Also, in your fan-boy/girl-ism, you might want to take a moment to notice that Rock Band's DLC is acctually also CHEAPER than Guitar Hero's, plus, theres the little fact that you arn't forced to buy a pack of songs if all you want is one of the three songs, unlike Rock Band, as the only reason i havn't bought DLC for Guitar Hero is that I only want two of the songs they have put out, and im not gonna pay 1000 or so points for TWO songs.

You see, it's all about perspective.....and your's is a warped one my friend.

I hope you were overreacting, because if you weren't, this shows definite fanboyism towards RB and hate towards GH-series, because the pack of 3 songs is 400-500points, not 1000points.

Anyways, my personal opinion is that I'm going for GH:WT purely for the price at first, since if it costs about the same as it does announced in US (180$=180 let's say, because that's how marketing seems to work for developers), it's a hell lot cheaper than RB here which stands at 240 and not even counting that it's not released in my own country (I'd have to go to France to buy it)!

Personally I liked the setlists in both games GH3 and RB (although I don't know much about RB's setlist), it seemed pretty fun when I saw stuff like "Run to the hills", "Next to you", etc... on drums.

But I'm not even taking sides, if RB were priced at 170 I'd have it right now next to me here, but it isn't so I'm passing up on buying it.

Why is everyone taking sides? I think most people (as mentioned before) are taking sides for RB purely because if they would buy GH:WT, they'd be forced to buy the new drum set and guitar to make their own songs. Other than that, I don't see any reason to start saying "zomg GH:WT will crash and BURNNNN RB roxx it pwns so hard lolol".

I'd love to see you guys say RB sold alot here in Europe, which it didn't. I think both games will have their own success and personally knowing people here, if they saw both RB and GH:WT next to eachother in the stores, GH:WT will be sold more often, just for the name and it being alot newer.

I even have friends in the US who advised me to stay off RB due to the steep price and just not it being worth 240, just wait 'till october and get GH:WT is what I'm planning.

Seriously, this RB vs GH war should end, what will happen when Konami released Rock Revolution? RB vs GH vs RR? -_-
GET ALONG AND STOP FIGHTING!

My 2 cents on this.

aPerfektFIaw
07-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I hope you were overreacting, because if you weren't, this shows definite fanboyism towards RB and hate towards GH-series, because the pack of 3 songs is 400-500points, not 1000points.

I believe he means he wants 2 songs that are in 2 different 500 point packs... bc you cant buy tracks separately, he would have to pay 1000 points for the 2 different packs they are in......

xCOBRAx
07-02-2008, 05:40 AM
Rock Revolution? Ha whats that? LOL jk i mean i know what it is but i think that is a horrible idea and hardly anyone will play it. As more details unfold for both games im quite torn between the two. I thought about this a lot as i have been cruisin through GH:A and what will Guitar Hero: World Tour offer us far as an interface goes.

The pro's of the current guitar hero interface is that the notes are big and the hammer on's are easy to see. the con's are that the note chart background is distracting and its different for each player during co-op. Imo the notes "explode" too much(the animation that happens as you hit the note on the chart)

Rock Bands note chart interface is way better i think. I also like how it has the star gauge letting you know how many stars you have as you work through the song.

Im not very convinced that the song creation tool is going to be as great as people think. I think whats going to end up happening is that its going to be great for a few but suck for everyone else. Without a vocal track its hard to feel that it will be a success. The other thing is that its probably going to be very complex if you want to make anything cool. Im worried that the game developers will put a lot of effort into making it and not pay attention to other aspects of the game.

the new guitar for GH:WT looks pretty amazing and the new features that they have added are pretty cool. thats one thing that rock band 2 doesnt have is any new features for the instruments. so theres a con.

the drums may or may not be cool. i like the rock band drums and have only had to get one basically launch day set repaired. for me the drums will be a wait and see.

the price is also a factor. While gamestop has advertised a $189.99 price tag to people who want to pre-order Activision has not confirmed that price tag and has said the are not ready to talk about prices yet which means theres a very good possibility that it could go up.

When it comes down to it, i think the most important factor will be who has the better setlist. GH:WT is gonna have to blow away Rock Band 2's setlist in order to pull a good number in sales i believe. While it seems that a lot of you dont seem to like Rock Band's DLC theres no arguing with the numbers and the numbers say that lots of people like the DLC. http://www.dlcquickplay.com has a page somewhere that tracks the number of downloads the songs have. If activision doesnt continue is rigorous DLC schedule then i think the game will flop. who wants to pay 200 bucks for 80 or so songs only to get bored with them 2 months later

edit: i thought of one other thing that i think will be incredibly important. Note chart difficulty. One of the unique and i think best things about rock band is that while its not killer insanely difficulty for the guitar hero pro's the game has the ability for completely new players to pick it up and play virtually all the songs on easy. I have not found this to be the case with the guitar hero series. If WT ends up having the songs be ridiculously hard on the hard and expert level i dont know that ill get the game
overall: undecided

Lewi
07-04-2008, 07:50 AM
i dunno
i think it will b good but ppl wil already have soooooo much gear for rock band and wont wana buy more stuff for guitar hero..plus with the HUGE collection of dlc rock band kinda blows gh out of the water

baby jamie
07-04-2008, 09:25 AM
okay a new slant on things lol

gh 3 was great fact

rockband added more instruments and made the genre better and more diverse

GH 4 looks to build on its fan base by copying the instruments, however adds , lead, rythem and base for guitar.

then rock band will do something innovative and be better

its all prefrence each game gets better and better if they were to make the instruments compatible we would bye all of them............. however they wont so its individual choice both will live and die by their setlists i feel.....

Ben Sharpe
07-04-2008, 10:28 AM
As long as they can charge less than 150 quid I might get it, but ffs I bought a brand new 360 for less than RB, and unless that changes I would be getting any of them

shiningcheese
07-08-2008, 08:51 PM
There is room on the market for both games. As a personal preference I prefer Guitar Hero over Rock Band for guitar because most of Rock Band's songs just aren't my style of music. Playing on expert is annoying because on top of the timing window being strict, you still aren't playing along note for note like in Guitar Hero. Rock Band has released a shitload of DLC but I only really enjoyed one pack and a single (Metallica pack and Three Steps by Lynrd Skynrd). Guitar Hero has better songs (in my opinion, and like assholes, everyone has an opinion) over rock band and have also failed to release much good DLC (neither in volume nor in quality).

RB and GH both can tout the DLC all they want but if the songs are shitty then who cares? GH has an upper hand in instruments because RedOctane has been making the Guitars (and many other wacky controllers) for many years. EA utilizes a newer, upstart company that had a good design, just shitty pieces and components. As far as drums are concerned, I can't ever play on more than 3 songs on hard/expert without my foot feeling like its about to fall off in Rock Band, I couldn't imagine if GH4's grueling Difficulty from guitars transfers over to the drums. To the 2% that play RB and can perfect expert drums, good for you I'm sure GH4 will be more of a challenge to you. Besides, if anyone has seen the interview vids, they claim if you can play the song on the drums on a real set, you will have no need at looking at the screen for your notes bc it will be identical. That being said, only the elite 2% that can actually do this can benefit from it.

Vocals... ahhh vocals. Something that is kind of a red herring in Rock Band. If you don't have the pipes, your fucked on expert. The one 'instrument' that not everyone can perfect, no matter how much time devoted to it. You are biologically and genetically bound to your skill. Only certain few can actually tune their voice to soar with their virtual counterparts on screen. Unless someone takes intensive singing lessons, you really can't become an expert if you are a novice in vocals.

I really think Rock Band 2 is a waste of time seeing as how its a setlist overhaul and hardly anything new added in. I though the reason for all of the DLC and updates were so they wouldn't have to make a sequel, just keep tweaking to perfection. Before you get uppity at me, I know all of RB1 songs carry over, but still. If these songs are as "badass and complete" as the developers claim they are, then why the fuck didn't they release it as DLC? Thats a big of a sin as GH selling out Aerosmith (even more, if that was possible) to a dedicated game.

In conclusion, both games will exist in the market. Rock Band will go to the more relaxed "casual gamers" (I fucking hate that term) and Guitar Hero 4 will go to the more competitive and creative (I'm talking about the recording studio). I have read that GH4 will have an even easier difficulty than easy for those that are too comatose to play or are an amputee or were injured in 'nam so they can just strum along. That may be filed under the category of "too casual". As cool as the recording studio is, how many people will ACTUALLY utilize it? Not many.

Draw your lines, pick your sides, ready... aim.... fire.....

blurbia
07-12-2008, 07:05 PM
For songs that are in both GH3 & RB1, I prefer the GH's notechart 99% of the time. GH likes to do more with chords & RB likes to do more with HO's & PO's. I find RB's style more annoying as their HO & PO notes are smaller and the timing is more strict (& I have an A/V delay which I can almost calibrate but not exact). I even preferred GH's Train Kept A Rollin to RB's. Yes it's akward with all those chords but it makes it challenging. So instead of playing an annoying repetitive song, I can at least have a challenge while playing that annoying repetitive song and not be bored as hell and not be thinking of how boring and repetitive it is.

PS out of the 150+ DLC for RB, I only like about 10 songs. Although, for the most part, I did like their main setlist.

Either way, I'm most likely still getting both games. Since it's so far away the thought of spending $400 on two games hasn't kicked in yet. But at least each game is like 3 games in 1.

Illution
07-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Patience is a virture :)

I say we wait 'til it comes out THEN we can all bitch and moan about how much better it is/how much it tanked, yes?

I for one believe that yes, it's going to be better 'cause I'll actually have fun playing guitar. Drums will be an added bonus 'cause I'll feel hella cool hitting the cymbals and then singing can lick my nuts because I suck at it!

SO HA!

Let's wait. You all sound stupid arguing points that aren't even known yet. No offfense. <3 :) ha!

Thank you and good night.

ZServ
07-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Have you seen the new rock band 2 drum set? 3 cymbals.

What The Buck?
07-16-2008, 11:25 AM
It might blow RB away but it def wont blow RB2 away!

I don't really care...I'm gettin' both.

ZServ
07-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Now having read the entire thread, heres a motherload:

This is the last Guitar Hero game. It will sell well, but not nearly as well as Guitar Hero 3. After this, and Guitar Hero: On Tour 2, thats it for the series.

Lets look at everybody's points so far:

"Cymbals! CYMBAAAAALLLLLLLSSSSS!!!!"
http://i36.tinypic.com/29m3uo1.jpg

Meet the ION Drum Rocker; the official drumset for Rock Band 2.

"Theres no good songs!"

AC/DC? Journey? Linkin Park? Avenged Sevenfold? Don't give me that "I don't like this, I like metal." Between Coheed & Cambria, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, and Nine Inch Nails, Rock Band has plenty of metal.

"Song Creator! fapfapfap."

Congrats, you get to make a 3 minute song, and charts for each instrument on expert. That will take you a while, considering you have 5 buttons and a strum bar. Would be a LOT easier on PC. Plus, vocals can't be added, so he's gonna be bored. Why do you think Rock Band 2 doesn't have instrumentals? That's why.

"It's too easy, all the GH's are better!"

You're an idiot. No, really. You're an idiot. Guitar Hero 1, 2, and Rock The 80's were all made by Harmonix; aka the guys from Rock Band. Activision screwed up by assigning Neversoft to Guitar Hero once they got rid of Harmonix. Have fun playing overcharted songs with a timing window that a retarded baby monkey could hit stuff with.

"There's not a lot of songs!"

Activision has 85 songs in Guitar Hero: World Tour. Harmonix has 84 in Rock Band 2; PLUS 20 free DLC songs at launch. PLUS a feature to export all songs from Rock Band. PLUS all dlc between launch of RB and RB2. Thats close to, if not, 500 songs. So I think you can find some songs you like, and I think you can quit being such a fanboy about it.

"But I have a Wii, I'm not gonna get DLC!"

Congrats, chances are you won't with GH4 either. They said GH3 would get dlc close to 10 months ago. Where's that at again? Oh yeah, the other systems.

"But Activision is gonna release Metallica!"

Yes, that will be your only DLC for probably 3 months going by Activisions current logic. Enjoy those 12 tracks, I'll enjoy my 3-12 tracks every week.

Any questions?

What The Buck?
07-16-2008, 11:56 AM
ZServ!

That was awesome and true!

eli1277
07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
those drums are not the ones that are coming with every RB2 set. they are part of a special edition because they can be turned into real drum set, so how expensive do you think it will be? RB2 will be alright, they should just make an expansion though instead of a whole new game.

HotShotCMS
07-16-2008, 06:48 PM
RB2 may have 3 cymbals. But you have to buy them as an extra accessory and they aen't notes. So ya. Here's a video of the gameplay og GH4 at the Activision press conference yesterday.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14222045/guitar-hero-world-tour/videos/ghwthotforteacher_071508.htm\

eli1277
07-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Now having read the entire thread, heres a motherload:

This is the last Guitar Hero game. It will sell well, but not nearly as well as Guitar Hero 3. After this, and Guitar Hero: On Tour 2, thats it for the series.

Lets look at everybody's points so far:

"Cymbals! CYMBAAAAALLLLLLLSSSSS!!!!"
http://i36.tinypic.com/29m3uo1.jpg

Meet the ION Drum Rocker; the official drumset for Rock Band 2.

"Theres no good songs!"

AC/DC? Journey? Linkin Park? Avenged Sevenfold? Don't give me that "I don't like this, I like metal." Between Coheed & Cambria, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, and Nine Inch Nails, Rock Band has plenty of metal.

"Song Creator! fapfapfap."

Congrats, you get to make a 3 minute song, and charts for each instrument on expert. That will take you a while, considering you have 5 buttons and a strum bar. Would be a LOT easier on PC. Plus, vocals can't be added, so he's gonna be bored. Why do you think Rock Band 2 doesn't have instrumentals? That's why.

"It's too easy, all the GH's are better!"

You're an idiot. No, really. You're an idiot. Guitar Hero 1, 2, and Rock The 80's were all made by Harmonix; aka the guys from Rock Band. Activision screwed up by assigning Neversoft to Guitar Hero once they got rid of Harmonix. Have fun playing overcharted songs with a timing window that a retarded baby monkey could hit stuff with.

"There's not a lot of songs!"

Activision has 85 songs in Guitar Hero: World Tour. Harmonix has 84 in Rock Band 2; PLUS 20 free DLC songs at launch. PLUS a feature to export all songs from Rock Band. PLUS all dlc between launch of RB and RB2. Thats close to, if not, 500 songs. So I think you can find some songs you like, and I think you can quit being such a fanboy about it.

"But I have a Wii, I'm not gonna get DLC!"

Congrats, chances are you won't with GH4 either. They said GH3 would get dlc close to 10 months ago. Where's that at again? Oh yeah, the other systems.

"But Activision is gonna release Metallica!"

Yes, that will be your only DLC for probably 3 months going by Activisions current logic. Enjoy those 12 tracks, I'll enjoy my 3-12 tracks every week.

Any questions?

you are just upset because you saw the videos of GH:WT and realized that it gonna be waaay better than RB2.

Ben Sharpe
07-16-2008, 08:12 PM
I think a RB fanboy just broke his keyboard typing that up lol

But the drums you showed there retail in excess of $200 alone.

ZServ
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
And also couple as a real electronic drumset, which NORMALLY sell for 400.

And Eli, you didn't even provide any counter-points. I gave an argument and you said 'LOL UR MAD'. When Activision starts making good games that don't come from Infinity Ward again, let me know. ;P

Also, Crisco. You're a fucking idiot. It has 7 iterations compared to Rock Band's 1. Thats like saying MADDEN SELLS BETTER THEN BIOSHOCK. Well no shit, theres endless versions.

Eaaagle
07-18-2008, 02:08 AM
Rock Band FTW!
The interface is 10x better than guitar hero and GHIV's layout is a perfect ripoff of Rock Band...no originality there at all
Plus RB has DLC songs pouring in for download at a constant rate... and they're are no dumbass boss battles to deal with (1 is enough in GH:A)

good ol boy366
07-18-2008, 02:19 AM
Rock Band FTW!
The interface is 10x better than guitar hero and GHIV's layout is a perfect ripoff of Rock Band...no originality there at all
Plus RB has DLC songs pouring in for download at a constant rate... and they're are no dumbass boss battles to deal with (1 is enough in GH:A)

so wait a second...you love rb's interface...and you hate gh:wt's...and you acknowledge that its the exact same thing?...hmmm...okaaaaay...

blurbia
07-18-2008, 03:08 AM
wow eagle you completely contradicted yourself.

the ion rocker is not the official drum set of RB2.

nobody says "there's not a lot of songs." If they do, hopefully they are referencing points like how in RB there were very few chances in band world tour for DLC songs to be included in the setlists. So in any given city you had to play the same song about 5 times. They say they fixed that with RB2. I'm def hoping they do.

Yes each game has pros and cons.
I don't like how RB doesn't have hyperspeed.
But I do like that activating overdrive doesn't mess up your potential to continue earning energy.
But I don't like the idea of drum fills to activate overdrive.

And not everybody hates the overcharting in GH. And not everybody cares. Except for raining blood, because that was just terrible. Besides, especially if you know how to hit chords, GH's charts flow just as well as RB's charts.

The interface and GH:WT copying RB -- OMG I didn't know RB owns the interface and the idea for drums and vocals in a music game. Oh how silly of me.

Let's just put it this way. When games compete, we win. If you are too stubborn to break out of your shell, well that's your problem.

eli1277
07-18-2008, 03:21 AM
I didn't know RB owns the interface and the idea for drums and vocals in a music game. Oh how silly of me.

actually Konami says they own the idea for Drums and Vocals and the Guitar in a video game. Did anyone else see that suit that Konami has against Harmonix?

CAVALIERKINGL23
07-18-2008, 03:59 AM
The only reason I'm lookin forward to GHWT is because of the song creator. You can talk about WT ripping off the drum/vocal idea from rockband, but all aside, this creator shit is new and seems wiked cool. If you don't like the songs in world tour, you don't have to cry about. YOU CAN MAKE THEM YOURSELF!! You can create loops, cut, paste, arrange origional pieces, the shit you can do with this is endless! It really takes the expirience to the next level. Instead of just having fantasies and playing fake shit, you can actually make your own music. It seems like this gives GHWT the edge over RB for now, and hell, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested.

blurbia
07-18-2008, 04:44 AM
actually Konami says they own the idea for Drums and Vocals and the Guitar in a video game. Did anyone else see that suit that Konami has against Harmonix?

Yes exactly. I had some massive sarcasm in my sentence.

Des
07-19-2008, 03:15 AM

can you say fanboi? Considering GH was made by Harmonix you're saying that Harmonix sucks now, which means that GH sucks? Illogical much.

Illution
07-19-2008, 03:28 AM
Des, dude. Read that sentence over again and realize that he didn't say anything close to that.

omg

and I hope I can get both, but if I can't WT it is. only reason I'd want RB2 is for carry on wayward son by kansas :D haha

good ol boy366
07-19-2008, 03:50 AM
Des, dude. Read that sentence over again and realize that he didn't say anything close to that.

omg

and I hope I can get both, but if I can't WT it is. only reason I'd want RB2 is for carry on wayward son by kansas :D haha

cmon man...youre telling me you arent looking forward to rocking out to some alanis morissette? :p

Des
07-19-2008, 04:11 PM

omg

"Plus its guitar hero, so its already better"

Fanboism.

Illution
07-20-2008, 04:24 AM
no where in there though did he say harmonix sucks which is what I was referring to. Maybe he just meant the guitar part would be better? and I partially agree with that. and good ol boy i have no idea who that is :) haha

TooMuchCowbell
07-20-2008, 05:41 AM
As it has been said before in this thread, GH:WT may be better than Rock Band, but not better than Rock Band 2.

Frankly, GH is playing catch-up with Rock Band. All Rock Band 2 has to do is have a great setlist (check) and keep promising more DLC, (500 songs by end of '08, check) and it will outsell GH:WT.

People have invested too much money in Rock Band to fork over more money for a new drumset, mic, guitar for GH:WT.

The only interesting part of GH:WT is that you can make your own music. As said, before it's going to be too complicated for a lot of people and would be A LOT easier on a computer. Plus, you only get to make a 3 min song, and only upload 5 songs at a time, once you become a "Super User" (whatever that means) you can upload more, or you have to delete your old ones.

E3 also proved Rock Band 2 is better, with the floor always being crowded with people playing Rock Band 2. There was always a crowd around there. Definetly the most popular game there.

good ol boy366
07-20-2008, 09:25 AM
i have no idea who that is :) haha

alanis morissette is what you have to look forward to from rb2's "great setlist":

YouTube - Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know Official Video

All Rock Band 2 has to do is have a great setlist (check)

are you sure about that? perhaps you havent heard that alanis morissette is in rb2...wtf? she is neither rock nor a band! for more examples of poor music selection on harmonix's part, see also "the donnas, lacuna coil, fleetwood mac, blondie, bosstones (of the 'mighty-mighty' variety), lit, panic at the disco, beck, lush, bikini kill, THE MUFFS (the inclusion of this greatly makes me a sad panda), pres of the USA, rat(t), replacements, elvis costello, silversun pickups, squeeze, L7, and talking heads"

now sure, all this is a matter of opinion, but i think we can all agree that my opinion is spot on here. :p

okay but seriously...lets not bicker and argue over this and that...even if a good 1/4 of rb2's setlist blows HARD...im willing to bet that the songs will be fun to play somewhat. so with all that being said-im probably gonna get both. ;)

E3 also proved Rock Band 2 is better, with the floor always being crowded with people playing Rock Band 2. There was always a crowd around there. Definetly the most popular game there.

well, thats not exactly a fair assumption since activision didnt attend e3 this year.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/02/breaking-activision-and-vivendi-discontinue-esa-membership/

youre probably saying: 'then how did all those e3 videos about gh:wt come to be?' its because they didnt set up a booth on the show floor like harmonix did, but (unable to say no to the press time) they held the conferences where those vids were filmed in a separate location with a few journalists. it says in the following article that they were planning to hold an event in Los Angeles at the same time with the E3 event:

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_E3_08_Activision_Less_Other_Major_Publishers_ Also_Not_Attending_17172.html

aPerfektFIaw
07-20-2008, 04:26 PM
for more examples of poor music selection on harmonix's part, see also "the donnas, lacuna coil, fleetwood mac, blondie, bosstones (of the 'mighty-mighty' variety), lit, panic at the disco, beck, lush, bikini kill, THE MUFFS (the inclusion of this greatly makes me a sad panda), pres of the USA, rat(t), replacements, elvis costello, silversun pickups, squeeze, L7, and talking heads"

Talking Heads are my heroes

and Chuck Norris can divide by zero... :uzi:

CAVALIERKINGL23
07-20-2008, 04:37 PM
No doubt GHWT will best Rock Band. Also no doubt Rock Band 2 will best GHWT.

Bax x360a
07-20-2008, 04:57 PM
"will best"? That doesn't even make sense. No doubt it will BE BETTER more like. Anyway, both games will be near identical with different songs in my opinion so go with what setlist you prefer. I'll probably end up getting both games anyway so I'm not paying much attention.

blurbia
07-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Anyway, both games will be near identical with different songs in my opinion so go with what setlist you prefer. I'll probably end up getting both games anyway so I'm not paying much attention.

Yes exactly. Other than a few minor differences they are now the same game.

I repeated his point for effect.

aPerfektFIaw
07-21-2008, 07:53 PM
"will best"? That doesn't even make sense. No doubt it will BE BETTER more like. Anyway, both games will be near identical with different songs in my opinion so go with what setlist you prefer. I'll probably end up getting both games anyway so I'm not paying much attention.

LMAO

You can use the word "best" as a verb and I'm pretty sure he did it right.

Best (as a verb) - to get the better of; beat ;)

(and a funny link) http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/04/ea-bets-ps3-will-best-xbox-360-sales-in-2008/

nightmare975
07-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Since all the Rock Band instruments work on both, I'm going to get both. :P

Randomnutta
07-21-2008, 09:51 PM
from what ive seen of GHWT it looks alot better than RB but i guess we will have to wait and see

DevilGuy
07-22-2008, 04:55 PM
It won't be as good as Rock Band. Never. With RB2, there will be new drums and guitars and all that so it'll be better than GH4.

Btw, when you said, "and, it's guitar hero" well the people that must GH1 and GH2 are the people that made Rock Band, and GH1 and GH2 are better than the 3rd game. :D

XzBluePantszX
07-22-2008, 05:15 PM
rb copied off of guitar hero with the guitar but they added more features i.e. the drums rb also copied off of karaoke games with the mike. gh4 also copied off of rb with the drums but they added features to the drums like elevated symbols so therefore they both copied so it doesnt matter who copied off of who

Illution
07-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Well, with the news of the rock band instruments being compatible I may end up getting both yay!!!!!!!

Hopefully GH:WT works with RB2 and vice versa.

Anywho dudes I say who cares and to each his own! HAZAAH!

the guitar already looks waaay better than rock band 2's so I'm definitely getting that and then I'm kinda torn between the RB and GH drums so that may be a tough decision.. for sure it's going to be a deciding factor..

good ol boy366
07-23-2008, 12:06 AM
It won't be as good as Rock Band. Never. With RB2, there will be new drums and guitars and all that so it'll be better than GH4.

but the guitar is unchanged and the mic is exactly the same, and the only things that are different with the drums are the velocity sensitive pads and quieter material on the pads-and they just copied those features off of the gh:wt drums, which look a lot better than the rb ones!:woop:

Btw, when you said, "and, it's guitar hero" well the people that must GH1 and GH2 are the people that made Rock Band, and GH1 and GH2 are better than the 3rd game.

i could see you saying gh2 is better than gh3, but gh1? you are in denial my friend!