PDA

View Full Version : 6 Game Franchises That Deserve to End

Weapon 117
05-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Let's face it, some gaming franchises deserve to be taken out back and shot. From the Resident Evil franchise to the Tony Hawk franchise and even Final Fantasy! 411's John Curry looks at a few franchises that may be past their best days.

It seems that any time a game is successful it deserves a sequel. I agree. If the sequel is successful it deserves another sequel. Yes. But at some point the franchise runs its course and is no longer as innovative as it once was, or it just repeats the last game over with slight changes. When a game gets to a point where it is too old or no longer serving its purpose it needs to be taken out behind the barn and given the Old Yeller treatment. The Checkpoint looks at seven franchises that deserve this.

http://www.411mania.com/game_article_pictures/3937.jpg

Somewhere in life there is a philosophy that says if you succeed at something you should continue to do it. To an extent I agree with this. In the world of gaming this philosophy is evident. This isn't so much as someone's personal preference to make a game, or let someone who doesn't deserve it to keep making things, i.e. Uwe Boll, but simple economics. If something succeeds once it is likely that it will succeed again. However, some game franchises just keep putting out games regardless of how much of something new they add to the franchise or to the world of gaming. When a game gets to this point it is only fair to ask them to bow out gracefully and create another series of games that they can run in to the ground. If they don't want to bail out then it becomes time to take them out behind the barn and send them off Old Yeller style.

While I want you to know that I am a fan of most of the games on this list, I still believe they have run their course and should be sent out as there are now better options for these series. So without further delay, let's look at the games that won't be coming back from behind the barn.

The Medal of Honor Series

http://gaming.instablogs.com/images/medal-of-honor-vanguard_52.jpg

Games in Series
a. Medal of Honor
b. Medal of Honor: Underground
c. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
d. Medal of Honor: Frontline
e. Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
f. Medal of Honor: Infiltrator
g. Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
h. Medal of Honor: European Assault
i. Medal of Honor: Heroes
j. Medal of Honor: Vanguard
k. Medal of Honor: Airborne
l. Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

As an avid history buff (My Degree is in Integrated Social Studies with a focus on History) the Medal of Honor games have always been one of my favorite games to play. The first Medal of Honor game came out my senior year of high school and I fell in love with the series. After Frontline, I began to ask myself "Self, even though you like this game, what does each sequel bring new to the series?" The answer I came to was nothing. Then Airborne came out. I was excited at the premise of a new vantage point on this game, the 101st Airborne Division. Sadly, I was let down. Outside of the landing's, which really weren't that important, nothing new was brought to the series. Now with the Frontlines, Fall of Liberty, Brothers in Arms, and Call of Duty series stepping into the modern warfare arena, and quite successfully I might add, it is time for the Medal of Honor series to step aside. There are only so many WWII games you can make. If EA decides they want to continue on with the Medal of Honor style then they should create a new series and focus on Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Cuba or any of the other military conflicts.

Hitman Series

http://www.playright.dk/covers/hitmanbloodmoney_ps2_eu.jpg

Games in Series
a. Hitman: Codename 47
b. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
c. Hitman: Contracts
d. Hitman: Blood Money

When Hitman first came out I was enthusiastic about the option to release my inner Luca Brasi and indulge in gratuitous violence with a mission. The sneaky silent assassin kills, the full out guns a blazing violence and all. The story was intriguing. A clone hell bent on discovering his past and seeking revenge think a bald headed Jason Bourne style character. As the games continued to be release I bought every one of them. I again noticed that not only was the game almost identical in each one, but the story lines that drove the first one and second one were gone, half assed to the point of not knowing their purpose. Now my inner Luca Brasi is satisfied by the Manhunt's and Condemned's of the gaming worlds. Don't forget the Bourne Supremacy series begins before long. The Hitman film's lack of success should be evident that the Hitman series is declining in popularity. Maybe the game's developers would do better to create a time traveling Hitman, kill Hitler, Kill John Wilkes Booth, Kill the government agent who had Kennedy Killed, Kill the chick who shot JR. I don't care just do something different.

Final Fantasy Series (total 28 games including spin offs and sequels)

http://static.blogo.it/gamesblog/final_fantasy_XII.jpg

Games in Series
a. Final Fantasy
b. Final Fantasy II
c. Final Fantasy III
d. Final Fantasy IV
e. Final Fantasy V
f. Final Fantasy VI
g. Final Fantasy VII
h. Final Fantasy VIII
i. Final Fantasy IX
j. Final Fantasy X
k. Final Fantasy XI
l. Final Fantasy XII
m. Final Fantasy XIII

I will be the first to admit that I am not the greatest fan of the final fantasy series. I have played many of them until I discovered the beauty that is the Elder Scrolls series. Many people love the Final Fantasy series; I however feel that anything that has been done more than 20 times is overdoing it. It is like a guy a work who tells a joke that was funny, everyone laughs, has a great time, but the guy gets the wrong idea and tells that joke everywhere he is regardless of whether it is warranted. This is how the Final Fantasy series is in my book. The game has been done so many times, has been copied more than a drunks ass at a Kinko's, and has lost the originality that made this game famous.

Guitar Hero

http://static.blogo.it/gamesblog/guitar_hero.jpg

Games in Series

a. Guitar Hero
b. Guitar Hero II
c. Guitar Hero III
d. Guitar Hero: On Tour
e. Guitar Hero Carabiner
f. Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
g. Guitar Hero: Beatles (Rumored)

This is one of the few games that I really don't understand a sequel to. I loved the first GH, rocking out to "Carry on my wayward son….there'll be peace when….." was the highlight of a day plagued by shitty college classes. I bought the 360 version of GH 2 as soon as I had the chance and loved every bit of it. However, this is a genre that is being run into the ground. There is nothing but different songs. No matter how hard I practice my guitar hero game I will never be the next Eddie Van Halen on a real guitar. Now that Guitar Hero has been upstaged by the more exciting RockBand it is time for the Guitar Hero Franchise to stop making games and focus on their downloadable content. Every song they could ever add to the game could be added at less cost to the respective download markets while still providing fans with an option to continue playing their game. Tell me what the next thing the Guitar Hero series can really do but change the songs you play.

Sources:
http://www.n4g.com/gaming/News-147139.aspx
http://www.411mania.com/games/columns/75322

Weapon 117
05-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Resident Evil

http://gaming.instablogs.com/images/resident-evil-4-wii_52.jpg

Games in Series

a. Resident Evil
b. Resident Evil 2
c. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
d. Resident Evil Survivor
e. Resident Evil: Code Veronica
f. Resident Evil: Survivor 2 code Veronica
g. Resident Evil: Gaiden
h. Resident Evil: Zero
i. Resident Evil: Outbreak
j. Resident Evil: Dead Aim
k. Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2
l. Resident Evil 4
m. Resident Evil: Confidential Report
n. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
o. Resident Evil: Genesis
p. Resident Evil 5 (Rumored)

Resident Evil was one of the original innovators of horror based games. I absolutely loved playing the Resident Evil game in the dark on my Playstation One. The game was everything you could ask of a shooter. It was innovative, well told, and most importantly scary as hell. That was then. Today the Resident Evil series is a diluted series relying solely on everything they have done in the past. They bring nothing new to a generation of gamers who have been scarred shitless by Fatal Frame, F.E.A.R., Condemned, and a thousand other horror based games. Yet through all of this Resident Evil continues to put out more games, the days are numbered that Resident Evil still sells millions of games.

Silent Hill

http://www.absolute-playstation.com/gp2a/silent_hill_2_hr_14.jpg

Games in Series

a. Silent Hill
b. Silent Hill 2
c. Silent Hill 3
d. Silent Hill 4: the Room
e. Silent Hill: Origins
f. Silent Hill: Homecoming
g. Silent Hill: Play Novel
h. Silent Hill: Double Under Dusk
i. Silent Hill: Orphan
j. Silent Hill: The Escape
k. Silent Hill: The Arcade

You know I can break this game down like Resident Evil but the fact is they are both in the same sinking boat. Innovative years ago but replaced by scarier more challenging games.

Tony Hawk Skate Games

http://www.juegomania.org/Tony+Hawks+Underground+2/fotos/pc/9/9307_t/Foto+Tony+Hawks+Underground+2.jpg

Games in Series

a. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
b. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
c. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
d. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
e. Tony Hawk's Underground
f. Tony Hawk's Underground 2
g. Tony Hawk's Underground 2: Remix
h. Tony Hawk's Wasteland
i. Tony Hawk's American Sk8land
j. Tony Hawk's Project 8
k. Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
l. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
m. Tony Hawk's 10 (Fall 2008)

When I bought my first PS2 I couldn't wait to get my hands on Tony Hawk. The game play was enjoyable and the soundtrack was top notch. I absolutely loved this game. I played everything that came out from this series. Everything was the same, sure add a little story line to the game but everything was essentially the same. This never really bothered me until I picked up SK8. Everything I thought about the skateboarding era had changed. I didn't care what Tony Hawk did next, because he could never compete with SK8. If he tried it was only copying the competition. The innovation is gone. Pack up. You are still a legend in the skate world but now everyone knows Rob. It is time for this series to leave the market. Move on to something else.

A lot of these games I would be sad to see go, but in life you come to understand the necessity of a loss. It is for the best. Allow your game creators to develop something new and innovative. If you are going to continue making games in your series, at least try to bring something new to the game world, for example look at the difference between Call of Duty 3 and Call of Duty 4. Compare Elder Scrolls: Morrowind with Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. That is how you keep yourself fresh and in the now. So while I am sad to see them go, I think it is time to give these franchises the Old Yeller treatment and get a new puppy.

Source: http://www.411mania.com/games/columns/75322 (http://www.411mania.com/games/columns/75322)

skatemore
05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I relaly like what you said about Tony Hawk being over. I truely believe that skate took that serie's place as skate is 10x better in every aspect. The only thing i dont agree with was ending guitar hero. I know this is incredibly biased because Ive beat them all on expert but Guitar Hero games always get better:

graphics
songs and
DIFFICULTY

Every time a new gutiar hero comes out I can pretty much breeze through the game on expert but theres always that song or two that are nearly impossible and they get harder each time. I also love how they throw a lot of new songs at you everytime. Maybe annoying to the regular gamer but Guitar Hero series should be here to stay.

How about the game series thats gone on WAYYY to long.

Cars
Mater National

Do i need to say more? These games could not even remotely entertain my 6 year old brother who obsesses over the movie. One of the very few games I couldnt force myself to play to the end.

aussiegamer
05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
I think the Sonic series should end.

I would also like to see Crash Bandicoot keep going, i want to see them make another EPIC game. The ones on psone were insane!

quidyg
05-20-2008, 11:36 AM
i dont think the resident evil franchise should end just yet because there great games (well the main ones are anyway) but i think some franchises such as final fantasy and tony hawks should come to an end.

Bax x360a
05-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I totally agree about the Resident Evil games ending, they are immense. Resi 5 looks incredible aswell and I personally can't wait for the release.

Ashz0r
05-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I hope the final fantasy series never ends, they are the only game series that has turn based combat that actually pulls it off well.. and the sound tracks are truly the best sound tracks you will ever find in games.. Currently playing Lost Odyssey (made by same people as FF its just another series) and im loving it..

I actually dissaprove with all of these except for Tony Hawks.. which is dead to me since Skate.

Every one of these series keeps getting better... Tony Hawks is the only one thats gone stale.

LEEDS KNIGHT
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
What about Mortal Kombat? :)

Pez
05-20-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree with Medal of Honor, Guitar Hero and Tony Hawks.

The rest still seem to be going strong in my opinion.

deathchant
05-20-2008, 02:47 PM
how about command and conquer series? or at least keep it to pc only, unless xbox comes out with mouse and keyboard support. i too hope they keep running the ff series forever. just no more pay to play mmorpgs

nytwstdpunk1211
05-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I remember the first Tony Hawk and can still play it. They had an all punk soundtrack that kicked ass. Stringing combos together was actually a challenge. Now we had caveman and all sorts of things to create combos.

I agree though. Like many TV shows, video game jump the shark constantly

xxEquilibriumxx
05-20-2008, 05:02 PM
I think the main games for those series shouldn't end. The small spin-offs of such games should. Sonic should end, the games have been terrible. Mega man should call it quits.

D3adcell86
05-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Whoever wrote this did not do his research, must have not even played RE4.

That was then. Today the Resident Evil series is a diluted series relying solely on everything they have done in the past. They bring nothing new to a generation of gamers who have been scarred shitless by Fatal Frame, F.E.A.R., Condemned, and a thousand other horror based games.

Based on that little snip I take it he never played RE4, it was completely a new game to the RE series. The only thing that was the same were some characters. RE5 isn't rumoured...it's coming out.

Then final fantasy isn't really a series with sequels. Each game is an entirely different game with a different story etc. They could all have different names other then Final Fantasy, but why bother when the series is recognizeable?

Method
05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
[quote=aussiegamer;874948]I think the Sonic series should end.quote]

Agreed. It's been a long time since I played a Sonic game that I really loved. Personally, I think Command and Conquer should retire too.

Lucent Beam
05-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Then final fantasy isn't really a series with sequels. Each game is an entirely different game with a different story etc. They could all have different names other then Final Fantasy, but why bother when the series is recognizeable?

Yeah, exactly. They aren't sequels and all are a lot different... I think they just hold onto the FF name because (1) it sells, and (2) people expect new ones to come out. They've changed around the series a lot each time... I don't think it has a reason to die.

I'm surprised he didn't mention the Warriors games by Koei... a lot of people think that should die, though I'm not one of them.

And cause I'm feeling picky:

I loved the first GH, rocking out to "Carry on my wayward son….there'll be peace when….." was the highlight of a day plagued by shitty college classes.

Except that Carry On My Wayward son was in GH2, not 1. I know it's nit picking but if you're going to bitch and make a huge rant about games, at least get your picky facts correctly.

MightyWingo
05-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Almost all of the series that you listed here still make insane amounts of money. As long as they are profitable they're not going anywhere. Especially the Final Fantasy series that makes TONS of money, not going anywhere for a very long time.

Tussell
05-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Pfft... What the hell is wrong with Hitman? The story line? I was so drawn in with Blood Money. The other games I can easily agree with though! They've had their up's, and now they're just giving us their down's.

Krueger
05-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Kill the Medal of Honor series all of them sucked.

DreadfulCorpse
05-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Dump the Tony Hawk series, they suck imo

Kazdan
05-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Umm... where is Mario?

Gaurdy3G
05-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Final Fantasy cant go! they just get better and better.

tony hawks and resident evil need to go though. theyre just the same game being released over and over and over.

LegitLostLegend
05-20-2008, 08:37 PM
I relaly like what you said about Tony Hawk being over. I truely believe that skate took that serie's place as skate is 10x better in every aspect. The only thing i dont agree with was ending guitar hero. I know this is incredibly biased because Ive beat them all on expert but Guitar Hero games always get better:

graphics
songs and
DIFFICULTY

Now you're being completely biased against Tony Hawk games. They always get better.

graphics
missions
difficulty

And tony hawk usually adds a couple new features to the new game, what has guitar hero added new?

LegitLostLegend
05-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Umm... where is Mario?

Mario never gets old, no matter how many stars you collect or how many times you save the princess

Parkerktm
05-20-2008, 08:40 PM
I agree with Medal of Honor and Tony Hawk although i think they should make one more hitman game before ending the series. All in all you could easily say COD is ranked with medal of honor, etc.

nytwstdpunk1211
05-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Umm... where is Mario?

I was thinking the same thing. But I think that Mario reinvents himself enough to keep it fun. Plus, Nintendo will never let it end.

Bolt
05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
MoH: Heroes for the Wii was really good just make another one of those then end the series

Tussell
05-20-2008, 09:42 PM
How about we just stop all WW2 games? :)

Randomnutta
05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
would LOVE to FF dead i loath the series

Shaynringan
05-20-2008, 10:50 PM
I... don't think he's actually played any of the Final Fantasy games based on what he said.

Tussell
05-20-2008, 10:53 PM
I... don't think he's actually played any of the Final Fantasy games based on what he said.
I don't know man, for me, that summary pretty much hit the nail on the head... Sadly, it took me until the 10th Final Fantasy to figure that out.

Gun-Nut
05-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Guitar Hero should not be killed off! in all fairness only 3 of those are on the 360! and Rock the 80s was not even listed there!

I am however disappointed about GH4 begin a full band.

Fonkey Monkey
05-20-2008, 11:06 PM
is this guy for real?
hitman is fucking awesome.
resident evil 4 is the greatest game of all time, and re5 will surely be up there as well.

epic fail.

Method
05-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Umm... where is Mario?
I don't think any of us will ever live in a world with Nintendo without Mario.

MrDudeMan
05-21-2008, 12:51 AM
I disagree with Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, and Silent Hill. I love those series. As long as they have ideas for new games, I say bring 'em on.

Never been a fan of the Medal of Honor series (I think I've only played two of them), but if people like them, keep them coming.

One series that does need to die, however, is Mortal Kombat. They've never been that great, and the latest games have gone downhill. Here's to hoping the new one will be good.

CoachCO62
05-21-2008, 12:52 AM
is this guy for real?
hitman is fucking awesome.
resident evil 4 is the greatest game of all time, and re5 will surely be up there as well.

epic fail.

I know that was emotion speaking but the greatest game of all time was Goldeneye, followed by Final Fantasy 7.

In addition I love they should mention an equal in 6 series that should not end, and funny enough half of them are made by Nintendo.

#1 Mario Kart Series
#2 Zelda Series
#3 Metroid Series
#4 Madden Series
#5 Smackdown vs Raw Series
#6 Star Wars Series

MrDudeMan
05-21-2008, 01:07 AM
I know that was emotion speaking but the greatest game of all time was Goldeneye, followed by Final Fantasy 7.

In addition I love they should mention an equal in 6 series that should not end, and funny enough half of them are made by Nintendo.

#1 Mario Kart Series
#2 Zelda Series
#3 Metroid Series
#4 Madden Series
#5 Smackdown vs Raw Series
#6 Star Wars Series
Goldeneye sucks.

Only because a friend of mine used to make me play it all the time when we were kids, and it turned me off to the game. I loathe it. And Final Fantasy VII is incredibly overrated.

The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Star Wars series should never end. Great series.

And you'll get different views about the greatest game of all time.

DillonBarbrshop
05-24-2008, 12:44 AM
I hope they NEVER end the Resident Evil series. They just keep getting better and better.

UNDERWALLY
05-24-2008, 01:28 AM
The list sucks, they all rock, specially Hitman and GH

Cheezbrgr
05-24-2008, 03:34 AM
Agree with all but Tony Hawk's and Guitar Hero

Raider
05-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Tony hawks
Sonic

Terrible recycled games every time.

Kazdan
05-24-2008, 11:35 AM
I hope they NEVER end the Resident Evil series. They just keep getting better and better.

Agreed. I don't think that guy haven't even played all of them. It says: "Today the Resident Evil series is a diluted series relying solely on everything they have done in the past. They bring nothing new to a generation of gamers", even though Resident Evil 4 totally changed the series.

Royle
05-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I agree with the Medal of Honour because I think it got dull after Rising Sun. Final Fantasy shouldn't though it is the best game going it's only getting boring now because the games have got worse since FFX.

RFT 123
05-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Mario should end, because how many games can you base on a Princess being kidnapped?

gatorbait
05-24-2008, 03:52 PM
I think NFS should be considered. After Prostreet it seems they not only are running out of fresh ideas but are running out of ways to keep the game fun and are now taking steps backwards.

I totally agree about the Tony Hawk series. Way to drive a series into the ground. What started off as one of the best series in quite some time they really should have stopped a good 5 years ago. I could understand one or two new ones per generation because the graphics are what can only really keep the series interesting now.

Resident Evil and Silent Hill I would have to disagree with, maybe they should just release their big titles instead of little ones here and there. Such as the little Resident Evils that come out between RE4 and RE5 for example. I think game developers need to just take breaks and maybe wait 2-3 years before they pump out the next game.

Downloki
05-24-2008, 09:00 PM
at the end OP said that CoD4 was better and more innovative than CoD3, but thats not really a good argument. yes, CoD was very good, and CoD2 was better and they improved a lot and thought of new things (no medpacks for instance) and 4 is also another step up the ladder, but the CoD series goes 1,2 and 4. Treyarch is in my opinion not worthy of being in the same class as Infinity Ward.

(edit) also i agree with everyone who believes mario should be given a headshot behind a barn in a shallow ditch, let nintendo think of new things

n1n3t33nd3lta
05-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Even though the games are easy gs points, Cabelas should quit putting out games. They really, really, suck. Many people might enjoy them, but I can't stand hunting games.

Segnius
05-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Medal of Honor - I agree, time to stop making MOH games.

Hitman - Why would you want this series to end? It provides some good variety.

Final Fantasy - Trash it. I'd be happy to see Final Fantasy gone.

Guitar Hero - Instead of making a bunch of sequels where the only difference is a new soundtrack, put those songs up as DLC.

Resident Evil - I think 4 was a solid improvement, and I don't see a reason why they shouldn't continue.

Silent Hill - I've only played two of these games, and just for a short amount of time, so I don't really know.

Tony Hawk - Been going downhill for a while now. Wouldn't bother me at all if they quit making these.

gatorbait
05-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Man what's with all the Mario hate? I think the franchise they might be pushing but the simple Mario platformers that we have all come to love have not been released by the masses. I like how Nintendo is usually making just one per console and the same goes for their other games. And I think Nintendo has done a very good job of extending the life of the Mario Series through other games/series.

kiwi18
05-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Tony Hawk is over and so is Guitar Hero IMO. The new Resident Evil looks awesome so I can't complain.

FoxRacing1234
05-27-2008, 05:26 AM
Why do these have to end? If they weren't profitable then they wouldn't be made. Obviously there's a reason to keep making these games.

Xedoss
05-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Why do these have to end? If they weren't profitable then they wouldn't be made. Obviously there's a reason to keep making these games.

I agree...

Why not make a sequel that a lot of people want to play? You don't like it, then don't buy it. If nobody buys it, it won't get a sequel.

Hell, i personally hope GH5 and GH6 will be released someday. Or Splinter Cell 6 or a lot of other franchises.

Murphy Nox
05-27-2008, 09:39 AM
I was expecting Dynasty Warriors on there, I agree with the Final Fantasy one, they should stop it now because they have got to like number 13 now and with all the spin-offs...

Over the top to be honest.

MegaSparten360
05-27-2008, 11:12 PM
i definatly think the final fantasy games should end cuz they are so worn out i mean 28 games c'mon thats stupid and really worn the game out

Dstrukt
05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
In no particular order:

1. Need for Speed
2. Tony Hawk
3. Dynasty Warriors
4. Mortal Kombat
5. Medal of Honor
6. DDR

njdevils17
05-27-2008, 11:44 PM
I definitely agree with the Tony Hawk franchise. The last game was brutal and the whole skateboarding genre has been replaced by Skate.

With Guitar Hero, I don't think a new game should be made every year. I can understand why they made Guitar Hero 3 because of online play but all these new ones don't need to be made. I'd be happy just to buy more songs than for Guitar Hero 3.

BIG SH0RTY
05-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Resident Evil 5 isn't rumoured...

Melo2010
05-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Dynasty Warriors, they keep making the same game.

Keep all the good franchises and get rid of the crap like Dynasty Warriors.

Dr Pepper 6pk
05-28-2008, 04:24 AM
why hasnt anyone mentioned Madden and NBA games?

Chilidog Chaos
05-28-2008, 04:30 AM
Because they are classics and I enjoy them.

DeathMinion111
05-28-2008, 04:39 AM
I would like to add the various movies with the list provided. I agree with all of them. Also add Tomb Raider.

antnie
05-28-2008, 04:50 AM
I never liked Final Fantasy games, I think they could put an end to it, but I don't think it will ever happen.

thenightmare
05-28-2008, 02:19 PM
They talked about the FF series the other day on thebbps.com, the chairman of Squaresoft/Enix or whatevr you want to call it basically said they need to stop making games they like to play and start making ones that sell because they are not doing very well anymore. IF any series need to go away its damn pokemon, that series has been around forever and i still see the crap on store shelves. Yeah its great to make fun of and provides some babysitting for parents of young children, but man just stop making the games. They have used put every color, precious stone type, animal, and mineral name, just give it a rest. And dont get me started on WWII era games lol How many times do I have to shoot nazi zombie super soldiers?:uzi:

FoxRacing1234
05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
why hasnt anyone mentioned Madden and NBA games?

Why the hell would people say Madden? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's the top selling sports game. It has been around for a long time but obviously there's a reason they're still making it and it's selling.

ensabahnur
06-01-2008, 12:08 AM
I have not even played most of these, of all the games mentioned, i have played 2 of them, lmao, GUTAR HERO 2 and FF7, im figuring also tactics but thats not on the list.