PDA

View Full Version : Which type of game do you like?

synister EFFECT
05-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Which type of game would you like better?

Tussell
05-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Long Fun Game, Not so Good Graphics

The Orange Box. 'Nuff said.

Hell, I still go back and play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mega Man (NES), Super Mario Bros (NES), etc.

Graphics have never, and will never, be the determining factor for a game. If they have good graphics, that's just a great thing on the side.

Ashz0r
05-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Long Fun Game, Not so Good Graphics

The Orange Box. 'Nuff said.

Hell, I still go back and play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mega Man (NES), Super Mario Bros (NES), etc.

Graphics have never, and will never, be the determining factor for a game. If they have good graphics, that's just a great thing on the side.

Couldn't agree more..
Except when the half life2 was made it was the best graphics game at the time. So if anything Half Life2 was fun and good graphics.

No game will ever beat the fun I had playing my SNES. Ever..

Tussell
05-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Except when the half life2 was made it was the best graphics game at the time.
Yeah, same with Super Mario Bros... What's your point? :p

Blackjaw x
05-20-2008, 10:37 PM
As long as the visuals don't make me feel like barfing, I'm fine. This isn't always just due to quality, but can be because of bland landscapes, lack of colour, etc. (Examples, if you're curious: Mercenaries, sometimes GTA4 is a bit dull but that's realism, Quake 4, FEAR)

Graphics to me are just a bonus (when good) or a minor fault (when bad), I say "oo this rain looks really nice" or, "lol why does the water look like plasticine?" and then move on.

I would much rather play a game with great gameplay and replay value but with shitty graphics than a game with amazing graphics but shitty gameplay and/or replay value.

Ashz0r
05-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah, same with Super Mario Bros... What's your point? :p

This is true ^^.

Didn't think about it like that lol.

synister EFFECT
05-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I agree with yall. I made this because some of my friends prefer graphics than greatness, as my friend says gta4 sucks becuae it has bad graphics, which isn't true anyways lol. This is why I like the xbox better than ps3. Not as good graphics, but better games IMO. But they do have some good games, but not enough just yet.

Blackjaw x
The Orange Box makes up for often plain graphics by having the best atmosphere out of any game I've ever played. Being in City 17 just feels great, especially at the beginning, I feel like I could just live there (although being clubbed by guards may get frustrating).

Cyrex
i don't care about graphics its how fun a game is that matters to me. Good graphics are just a plus

synister EFFECT
05-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Just to make this clear, they're both fun, it's just one is shorter in game length. Kind of like Two Worlds(just pretend it's fun;)) compared to Portal(by itself)

Kwyjibo3637
05-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Graphics aren't a big deal for me..I still think Ocarina of Time is one of the greatest games..and Starcraft.

MrDudeMan
05-21-2008, 12:46 AM
It's all about the quality of the game. It should be long, fun, and have replay value. Graphics don't matter whatsoever.

Augustus
05-21-2008, 01:43 AM
Frankly, I was always a graphics guy, but I'm starting to wish they were a little less good. It's odd.

Kazdan
05-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Long fun games, not so good graphics.
Final Fantasy VII, enough said.

Parkerktm
05-21-2008, 02:58 AM
I'm a graphic guy like augustus but games like Orange Box, mass effect and fable 2 would be great regardless of there graphics

MightyWingo
05-21-2008, 03:11 AM
I agree with everyone here, great graphics are nice but don't make a game. The SNES is considered by many to be one of the best systems of all time, and thats because of its MANY outstanding games, obviously not for its 16 bit graphics lol.

Perfectionist66
05-21-2008, 04:04 AM
NOt much I can add to the discussion, but I'm just curious, where did this question come from?

antnie
05-21-2008, 04:24 AM
It depends on the game, Gears of War has good graphics with great online play. Bioshock same thing but switch online with story mode.

KENMACK39
05-21-2008, 04:48 AM
Any game that has a good flow id say, theres some OG games that have shit graphics but doesnt change the game, because it still owns like Sonic or Mario

synister EFFECT
05-21-2008, 04:53 AM
NOt much I can add to the discussion, but I'm just curious, where did this question come from?

Yeah, I agree with yall. I made this because some of my friends prefer graphics than greatness, as my friend says gta4 sucks becuae it has bad graphics, which isn't true anyways lol. This is why I like the xbox better than ps3. Not as good graphics, but better games IMO. But they do have some good games, but not enough just yet.
That's where:)

aussiegamer
05-21-2008, 06:46 AM
I like a game with a bang for my buck.

Randomnutta
05-21-2008, 07:58 AM
if anything looks good ill play it

Zee
05-21-2008, 08:18 AM
It depends on the game really, some game's fun is all based on the atmosphere (See condemned) or how the game's graphics were made (see TF2). Sometimes the fun factor can be based on the graphics (or add to it). Now some games don't need a powerful engine but are just as fun for different ways. (See GH, defcon, punch out.)

So it all really comes down to how fun the game is, for the value. Not for the reasons. Even fun games can start to get boring after awhile. Or just not be worth the buy if there too short.

onemorechanc
05-21-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm in the "Long Fun Game, Not so Good Graphics" camp. Fancy graphics are nice, but I'll take gameplay over them anyday. That is, as long as the graphics are not glitchy and annoying -- there's a difference between "not so good" and "bad".

duckydan
05-21-2008, 03:26 PM
I like short games. COD3, GOW, sports games, and the kids games just because I have ADD and get bored on RPGs where you need to backtrack a hundred times just to level up or get a key.

Royle
05-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Tussell I couldn't agree with you more Team Fortress 2 isn't the best graphics in the world but it's still excellent gameplay.