PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 5 - Taming The Griffin

FOXHOUND MGS4
05-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Help im stuck! Ive got the 5 fire salamanders and the feather, i need to find the Griffins perch and feed the Griffin. Can anybody please tell me where this location is because im just goin around the same area and its doing my head in.... many thanks :)

Semp Pi
05-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Help im stuck! Ive got the 5 fire salamanders and the feather, i need to find the Griffins perch and feed the Griffin. Can anybody please tell me where this location is because im just goin around the same area and its doing my head in.... many thanks :)

It has been a while, but I am sure that you must use one of the tree portals in order to reach the perch. There are two sets of them, but I cannot remember which one exits atop the perch. That is the only way to get there. So total, there are 4 locations, but I forgot which ties to which.

1) In an area of the forest surrounded by stray sod. Remove the sod to clear the path to it.
2) Also in the forest area, past #1, it is on a small island surrounded by a swamp/lake. Cross the downed log to get to it.
3) In the caves near the 2nd knocker. I'm sure this is an exit for either #1 or #2.
4) Griffon's perch. Only reachable by using #1 or #2.

Hope this helps, maybe someone can aid and give you the specific tree to use. I'm positive that it is either 1/2. I'm leaning towards #2.

FOXHOUND MGS4
05-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Many thanks for your help buddy,im sure your description will help me out, thank you :)

NekroRocker
10-22-2010, 06:15 AM
It's the second tree that takes you to the Griffon's perch. It's called the Cyprus folk tree.

HalfEVILmonkey
05-26-2011, 12:07 AM
It's the second tree that takes you to the Griffon's perch. It's called the Cyprus folk tree.

Nekro is right...I got stuck in this part today for about 30 minutes before figuring it out. The Deep Woods section of this game is very confusing.