PDA

View Full Version : The "Best" Crap Games!

Azrael008uk
05-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Sometimes you expect a game to be so bad it actually impresses you.

What are some of those titles?

For me I'd have to say "Bulletwitch" is way better than I was ever led to believe.

Also "Earth Defence Force: 2017" is probably one of the most entertaining games on the XBox 360!

What are your "Best" crap games?

Azrael

Mr Arrow
05-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Two Worlds - eveyone else thinks it's crap, I happen to love it.

hoernchen
05-23-2008, 10:30 PM
i think "tmnt" was real fun and whilest many people might think "lost" is some kind of crappy, i really did enjoy the atmosphere and the gameplay a lot. but might as well just be because i am a fan of the series and i happen to like adventures, which are more than rare on the xbox....

antnie
05-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Everyone hated Lost, but I loved that game. I would go back and play it again.

EvilestBean
05-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Yep I'm going with Lost, it got bad reviews and also most of the people said it was a crap game but I loved it, especially the puzzles plus achievements were a bonus lol, I got it mainly for the achievements but turned out I loved the game, but sadly I traded it in for a 3 month membership :(:(

Method
05-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Kind of old news, but a lot of people (including me) expected Crackdown to be a boring game. It is actually still one of my favorites on the 360!

muters
05-23-2008, 10:55 PM
BulletWitch and EDF2017 would be my first games to nominate, but other than those, I really enjoyed X-Men: The Official Game. The Nightcrawler levels in particular were great fun, teleporting about the place. :)

Turning Point was another, but only for the first chapter in New York. Playing that game, I sat there thinking "Hmmn, you know, this is actually pretty fun... [90 minutes later] ...oh, wait, no it's not."

Tenchu Z and the Blazing Angels series have bad rep, but I had all sorts of fun playing them.

IRONMAN
05-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Kind of old news, but a lot of people (including me) expected Crackdown to be a boring game. It is actually still one of my favorites on the 360!

im with you on this one. Crackdown rocked hard.

Deadly Moves
05-23-2008, 11:33 PM
If i think a games gonna be crap, i've always been correct in my opinion once ive played it,
if i play it..

Parkerktm
05-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Frontlines: Fuel of War

Although I have yet to play the game, i loved the SP demo and the MP demo was decent.

I'm looking forward to LOST as well, considering many people say it's bad but i love the show, so yea.

UNDERWALLY
05-24-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm going with Lost too, really cool game, I had a great time playing it

synister EFFECT
05-24-2008, 01:22 AM
I really liked Turok even though no one else seemed not to.

loveandbubbles
05-24-2008, 06:44 AM
i thought both Bully and The Darkness would suck, i was very wrong...

vhayste
05-24-2008, 06:56 AM
I thought Crackdown was just another boring game but the cel-shaded graphics deceived me... it was an awesome game after all.

Bishop24
05-24-2008, 08:21 AM
I would have to say Iron Man, I usually hate movie based games, but I actually liked the Iron Man game. Most people I know hated it, but I like it, it has a pretty good campaign.

Kazdan
05-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Need for Speed Carbon and ProStreet.

Everyone says those are the worst games in the series, but I love them. Too bad EA shut down the servers for Carbon, otherwise I'd play it again. Can't wait for the next NFS.

Jaguar Josh
05-24-2008, 11:42 AM
The Club didn't get too many good revies i spent months playing it lol it was awesome!

Bax x360a
05-24-2008, 12:34 PM
The Club didn't get too many good revies i spent months playing it lol it was awesome!
Yeah good call, enjoyable game!

Hour of Victory is also one of those crap but good at the same time games...

Royle
05-24-2008, 01:23 PM
I thought hmmm Crackdown. Could be a bit of easy gamerscore looks a bit shite, now it is my favorite game on the 360. It has so much replay value and I have completed the game like 3 times now.

Bax x360a
05-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Lots of people are saying Crackdown, but it's not exactly seen as a crap game is it? Metacritic has it done as an 83, that's a pretty high score!

V0NST3V3
05-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Ive just ordered Pimp My Ride *hangs head in shame*, from what ive read its truly awful, but if it makes me laugh as much as the show does then im gonna love it no matter how bad the game play is :woop:

Method
05-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Lots of people are saying Crackdown, but it's not exactly seen as a crap game is it? Metacritic has it done as an 83, that's a pretty high score!

I agree, I don't think it's looked at as a crap game any longer. However, when it first came out it was viewed as a crap game that needed the H3 Beta attached to sell it. When I started playing it a I fully expected to be unimpressed, but I actually enjoyed the game tremendously.

gatorbait
05-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I really enjoyed Crackdown but even before and after the game I never thought of it as a 'crap' game.

A lot of the time I actually enjoy those really simple movie based games. It's not like I'd play them for months on end but they are a nice change from what else is out there and if you enjoyed the movie they are associated with then it makes the game a bit more enjoyable. Three that came to mind were cars, ratatouille, and surfs up.

Royle
05-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Well I suppose but most people bought it for the Halo 3 Beta and they just left Crackdown to gather dust. If you are talking about a game which is shite. I didn't mind TMNT too much, it wasn't epic but it wasn't as painful as I thought it would have been.

MyAbsolution
05-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Ninety Nine Nights - critically hailed as crap, I love every single inch of this game. :)

o0EVIL0o x360a
05-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Ive just ordered Pimp My Ride *hangs head in shame*, from what ive read its truly awful, but if it makes me laugh as much as the show does then im gonna love it no matter how bad the game play is :woop:

I feel sorry for you dude. It won't make you laugh, but you may cry.

Bax x360a
05-24-2008, 05:18 PM
The only thing you'll be laughing at is yourself when you realise you've wasted hard earned cash I'm afraid. Terrible game :p

Blackjaw x
05-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Blacksite
King Kong
Turning Point
Perfect Dark Zero
Quake 4

Why do people always say Crackdown?
What I mean is, it was a great game and 99% of people agree.
So it was never considered a "crap" game and thus doesn't fit the requirements for this or the fifty similar threads.
I've seen hundreds of people say "Crackdown was really underrated, people said it suck but I love it" and I've never once seen someone say it was bad.

kentarulez
05-24-2008, 05:49 PM
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw: I thought it wouldm suck and got it for the achievements, however I play it every now and then
Viva Pinata: I played it for the achievements (got it free with the Xbox)
That is ir really and I my try Lost out.

laundryman
05-24-2008, 06:11 PM
A lot of people trahsed Lost-Planet, but I loved tht game

infradude
05-24-2008, 06:17 PM
<3KingKong

Played for the achievements at first, but I played it again lol not a bad game pretty good ;)

knockton55
05-24-2008, 06:45 PM
At World's End, I got it for achievements but ended up going through it 3 times, once for enjoyment! Lost was good as well....I enjoyed the 2 days it took and it definately got me into the series, great story

phatRizzo
05-24-2008, 10:29 PM
You can all laugh at me when I say this one, but I really enjoyed Beowulf the video game... thought the gameplay was good and fun... also helped that I got it for 2 bucks a few days after it came out...

DeathMinion111
05-24-2008, 11:35 PM
I said it once and I'll say it again. Earth Defense Force FTW!1!

Parkerktm
05-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Well I suppose but most people bought it for the Halo 3 Beta and they just left Crackdown to gather dust. If you are talking about a game which is shite. I didn't mind TMNT too much, it wasn't epic but it wasn't as painful as I thought it would have been.

Oh, it was very very painful, Like a knife in my heart type of pain, i'm not even sure if that god awful 7 hours was worth 1000 GS, lol ;)

loren83
05-25-2008, 12:35 AM
TMNT wasn't that bad. Though I wouldn't play it again. If I had to pick the "Best" crap game I would have to say Turok. I actually enjoyed playing it a lot.

Skillet
05-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Open Season. Wouldn't play it again but it was fun while it lasted.

Pyroman31
05-25-2008, 12:50 AM
I would have to say King Kong and Crackdown. I really enjoyed King Kong, and it was my first 1000. Also, I only got Crackdown to play the H3 Beta and nothing more, I never knew it was actually gunna be pretty damn cool.

MikeinSC
05-25-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm one of the few people I knew of who had Crackdown fully prepaid for well before Halo 3 beta was even announced. I wanted the game to be good and it was.

As for fun, but terrible, games --- Two Worlds is a definite. In spite of its wide array of massive problems, it was an actually fun game. I don't know how they managed to pull it off.

DanteElDiablo
05-25-2008, 04:03 PM
most def earth defence force

DeathMinion111
05-25-2008, 04:56 PM
As for fun, but terrible, games --- Two Worlds is a definite. In spite of its wide array of massive problems, it was an actually fun game. I don't know how they managed to pull it off.

Two Worlds was pretty good, but the problems alone made me stop playing.

knockton55
05-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Oh, it was very very painful, Like a knife in my heart type of pain, i'm not even sure if that god awful 7 hours was worth 1000 GS, lol ;)

7 hours? Only took me 4 :P....but yeah, was awful :p

Bolt
05-26-2008, 03:14 AM
Just Cause for the 360

xl JB lx
05-26-2008, 04:40 AM
King Kong wasn't too bad of a game. I would say that is the best worst game.

IRONMAN
05-26-2008, 04:41 AM
I'm one of the few people I knew of who had Crackdown fully prepaid for well before Halo 3 beta was even announced.

Mine was similar..i bought crackdown well after halo 3 was released & loved it..i didnt even know there was a beta for H3 on crackdown at one point...go figure.

naptownsteeler
05-26-2008, 04:47 AM
CSI was crap but I had fun playing it.

DwayneDays
05-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Earth Defense Force 2017 baby, shit ruled

Also loved Turok

D3adcell86
05-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Going to have to go with Ninety Nine Nights.

Bondfan626
05-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Two Worlds- the graphics might not be great, but the huge world and the skills make it good.

Turning Point- story was good, occasional glitch when you cant grapple the guy, and when you got stuck aiming.

Lost Planet- I'm gonna pick up colonies soon , and then go back to get the easy 800 in this.

MOH: Airborne- I still play, if anyone wants to boost :p

MantleNotMouse
05-27-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm going to have to say Kane and Lynch. It got a lot of heat and negativity after the whole gamespot ordeal, but I loved the game. People complained about the aiming, among other things, but I decided to chance it and went out and bought it near its release. I can't say that I have regretted it, it is really fun. The only problem was lack of multiplayer maps when it was released, but it was still fun to play.

Murphy Nox
05-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Well, I seen Crackdown and thought. "What a load of crap!"

I get it and go on it, I think its great! Just shows you not to judge games so quickly.

njdevils17
05-27-2008, 07:36 PM
I actually liked King Kong. It was a pretty fun game and was a lot better than what I thought it would be.

muters
05-27-2008, 08:54 PM
I liked King Kong too. It actually never even crossed my mind that it was a 'crap game' until I read so many people talk about it as if it was only worth playing for the easy 1000. Being hunted by giant bugs and dinosaurs with only a spear to defend yourself was exciting. :)

Crash Time's another one. It's a pretty basic game, all told, but it was consistently fun right to the end. Just the concept of the game made me grin - you're a traffic cop who drives like a complete maniac to ferry your mates to award ceremonies and whatnot, and you get to cause as many horrific car crashes as you like, just as long as you don't dent your police cruiser too much.

nytwstdpunk1211
05-28-2008, 12:17 AM
The second run through of jumper wasn't that bad once you got the hang of the combat..

kiwi18
05-28-2008, 12:23 AM
I thought Bully was going to be rubbish, it turned out to be one of my favorite games and was one of the most fun I have had playing a game. Same goes for Kane&Lynch as went for Bully, simply one of my favorites.

Crimson Ridley
05-28-2008, 12:38 AM
LOST is great, I liked King Kong (seriously...I did!), The Darkness turned out to be awesome, Scene It? is great (No word of a lie), The Simpsons Game, At World's End, Saint's Row (if you're gonna steal, steal from the best), Viking . Easy Achievement games CAN be fun after all...

Bleeding Star
05-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Saints Row - everyone said it was going to be crap and another GTA rip off, well that to be honest I love Saints Row, one of [if not THE] best 360 game I have played to date, it destroys every GTA including IV and I cannot wait until SR2 is released

Also TMNT I really enjoyed, easy achievements were a bonus as well as Rumble Roses XX