PDA

View Full Version : I think EB Games[a.k.a GameStop] have lost it...

Cheezbrgr
05-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Ok, so we know when you pre-order a game you most of the time get freebies - such as microsoft points or a little item with the collectors edition (like the halo 3 helmet for cats and the bioshock big daddy)

But behold, EB Games in all it's insanity:

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2161/image1ut4.jpg

Link:
http://www.ebgames.com.au/Xbox/product.cfm?ID=10907

Ok, so this makes sense. Along with my big daddy and halo 3 helmet, I'll be able to put a shaving razor! Splendid. I can definitely play with it and have hours of joy, when not playing my copy of NG2!

x McGrim x
05-24-2008, 04:51 AM
I could see this going well with a game that takes HOURS of your lives away; but it's not really suited for a game like this. It'd work better for a MMORPG

Bishop24
05-24-2008, 04:55 AM
This isn't for the U.S. cause I just visited ebgames.com and it doesn't say anything about this. So maybe this is just for Australia.

Cheezbrgr
05-24-2008, 05:02 AM
This isn't for the U.S. cause I just visited ebgames.com and it doesn't say anything about this. So maybe this is just for Australia.

Quite possibly - the link i gave is for the Aussie website

Parkerktm
05-24-2008, 05:04 AM
hahaha, a razor blade is so random!

and i can second it's probably just in Australia

kiwi18
05-24-2008, 05:09 AM
Gilette probably paid gamestop to advertise their porduct.

Renji Abari
05-24-2008, 05:12 AM
lol that dont suprise me, at circuitcity.com a while ago (dont know if there still doing it) they were giving the Legendary Map Pack for Halo 3 away if you pre-ordered Ninja Gaiden 2, they would send you a code to download the map pack for free, which is fucking stupid imo

Parkerktm
05-24-2008, 05:43 AM
lol that dont suprise me, at circuitcity.com a while ago (dont know if there still doing it) they were giving the Legendary Map Pack for Halo 3 away if you pre-ordered Ninja Gaiden 2, they would send you a code to download the map pack for free, which is fucking stupid imo

They have the same thing for the new Disturbed album coming out in June. If you pre-order it you get two free Rock Band Tracks.

I like th Ninja Garden II promotion, if you haven't already downloaded it the you have a great map pack for free and if you don't own halo 3 or have already downloaded it then you could probably sell it on ebay for 5-8 dollars, or give it to a friend

hammer72off
05-24-2008, 05:48 AM
They give all these free things away yet hose people who trade games in, I don't get it....

Jdm
05-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Maybe the razor has special "ninja" powers to cut people's heads and limbs off. Just like in the game.:p

n1n3t33nd3lta
05-24-2008, 09:32 AM
hrm, I wish they'd give me that razor for buying the game. I need new blades for mine. I'd just return the game because it looks like shit.

Bax x360a
05-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Don't diss the razor, every man needs one! I agre though, strange item to include with a game :confused:

Method
05-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Just because a company is willing to pay you to help advertise their product doesn't mean you should take the money. Otherwise you get goofy combinations like this one. What's next? A free bottle of spf 40 Coppertone with a preorder of Fable 2?

Golden Colts
05-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Thats because the gillete fusion is the true weapon of a ninja, I carry mine with me everywhere xD

gatorbait
05-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Good move by Gilette to get a nice bit of advertising. But whomever's idea this was probably isn't going to be around much longer. You work a for huge company such as gamestop and need an idea for promoting your store and some pre-orders and all you can come up with is a razor? A razor, for a video game? Seriously?

omgyjya_switch7
05-25-2008, 10:15 PM
You wont be laughing when you suddenly realize you need to shave after 5 solid days of gaming...

sirnerd84
05-26-2008, 10:47 PM
It never fails to amaze me how fast people will jump on a bandwagon to dislike a large corporation. First off, to the original poster, everything you listed came with special editions, those were not pre-order bonuses. Continuing on, Gamestop/EB doesn't pay a dime for pre-order bonuses. There may be some negations of favors later down the road, but the company doesn't pay for them. 99% of pre-order bonuses are paid for by the manufactor.

The Razor is highly unrelated as a bonus, but if a company is willing to give away something free to a person who purchases a game from your store at no-cost to you, you are going to say no? That's just bad business for a mass retailer. If they had some crazy superior name they were trying to hold, then sure, I could see saying no. But they aren't.

loren83
05-26-2008, 11:07 PM
They probably aren't doing this in the US to avoid lawsuits. Some kid would pre-order the game and cut himself with the razor and then his parents would sue GameStop or the developer for putting a sharp object into the hands of a child.

Jim Ignatowski
05-26-2008, 11:15 PM
That is quite a silly freebie, even if it had some kind of tie in to the game. Do aussies have a boatload of facial hair or something?

Mr. Writer
05-26-2008, 11:25 PM
This reminds me that I need a new razor...

Tubson57
05-26-2008, 11:29 PM
This offer is too good to let up! I have to preorder this game right now so that I can get a free razor!

Bishop24
05-26-2008, 11:30 PM
This offer is too good to let up! I have to preorder this game right now so that I can get a free razor!

It's only for Australia, it's not for the U.S.

FoxRacing1234
05-27-2008, 05:23 AM
This would be up to Gillette if they're sponsoring this game. GameStop/EB Games is just going through with the promotional offer. They most likely wouldn't have much say.