PDA

View Full Version : How difficult will the Achievements be?

Pointless Dan
05-24-2008, 10:11 AM
I know this is kind of Achievement Discusion, but that is locked for now. So to anyone who has played this game, how difficult will this game be to 100%? Looking at the Achievements none of them look like they would be too bad, but then again I have only ever played older Civ games, and that was a long time ago!

Achievements here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/sid-meiers-civilization-revolution/achievements/

KFZ Scrubs
05-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Iono, it looks like it'll be okay to get, mite take a while considerin all the civilizations u gotta beat it wit tho, but doable.

Pointless Dan
05-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Iono, it looks like it'll be okay to get, mite take a while considerin all the civilizations u gotta beat it wit tho, but doable.

In terms of hours? 20 - 30?

Mustkill9
05-26-2008, 03:52 AM

I'm pretty sure this game is going on the "hard 1000s list." The only thing that's going to prevent that is if someone comes up with a cheap way of winning all these different games that are necessary for the achievements. One complete game of this (that doesn't involve a military victory, where your opponents civilizations get destroyed) I'd say is 8-10 hours. And that's if you know how to play. There is a slight learning curve, where if you don't know how to play this game, you might just look at the screen and say "forget this."

aRowan
05-31-2008, 06:18 AM
for the full thousand:

16 playthroughs
Win the game by year 1000 AD on King difficulty or higher.
Win without changing governments on King difficulty or higher.
Win with only one city on at least King difficulty.

I have never even thought about winning with only 1 city or with base government. I generally try to get away from despotion as fast as possible in civ 2. Also dont forget any win on deity is going to be tough.

Darth Odan
05-31-2008, 08:01 AM

EASILY 200+ hours. EASILY.

QuezcotL
06-02-2008, 01:12 PM
One cheap tactic would be to surround the last city with just soldiers,and then just tech or make a lot of culture to get those achivments,so basically,yeah you could just go for military and then get those in a cheaply way at the end :woop:

ScottyB1988
06-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Maybe its just my way of playing but getting Culture victories and diplomatic were alot easier than Military victories (or in this case domination) on the harder difficulties.

Winning with one city was not hard on civ4 i went for a culture victory as you dont need to waste time with settlers and military uinits you can concentrate on building wonders and other building etc

hardest sounding achiement to me is win without changing goverment but on easy with a tiny map and 1 opponant (if possible) would make it easier

Pointless Dan
06-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I have never not bought a game because of the Achievements but it kind of annoys me that a developer would make them so hard.

What does it mean by 'Win without changing governments...'? Please remember that my knowledge of this game is limited to a good few years ago.

Darth Odan
06-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Basically: You start off with Slavery, Despotism, No Religion, etc.

So, you can't switch government for anything. No Democracy, Communism, Theocracy, Environmentalism, etc.

Also, achievements are meant to be hard, you need to achieve something..

Dude Rain
06-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Also, achievements are meant to be hard, you need to achieve something..

Says the man with Avatar, Lost, and King Kong in his recent game history. :)

KFZ Scrubs
06-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Well it doesn't seem that bad... well if u love this game of course. I don't mind playing thru all of those cuz i like to expeireince all the civilizations in the game.

Lintworm
06-05-2008, 04:22 PM
I played the demo today for 2 hours and learned/discovered a lot.
Then i looked over the achievements again and they seem pretty simple.

Darth Odan
06-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Says the man with Avatar, Lost, and King Kong in his recent game history. :)

:D Lol. The irony eh? But I got other games too...Harder ones...

I loved the demo, simple controls and everything. Fun, but too short :( I was about to conquer the Aztecs, one turn away. ONE. I mean, I had two armies of 3 legions each, and " Thanks for playing, demo over"

The Danielnator
06-05-2008, 11:14 PM
I hope that's a joke. Or a fallacy from some who's never played Civilization. Maybe you're just bad, I don't know. Sid Meier himself said a game is meant to be completed in 2-3 hours. Unless you are really, I mean REALLY bad at strategy games it will not take half that (200 hours).
EDIT: I realize that looked a bit aggressive, I don't want beef, just saying you have to be bad for it to take you that long.

Darth Odan
06-06-2008, 01:11 AM
My statement was based on Civilization III and IV. But, my gaming style was early expansion and military advancement, which took some time. Sure, I eliminated people quickly, but nothing of a domination victory within the first few centuries. But, then again, I always played the biggest maps and had everyone on different continents. After that, economy being bad because of the expansion, science research was slow.

However, I played the demo today, and I must say that the game is more than what I expected. Best controls for a strategy console. It should take more than less of the 200 hours I thought. Thank god you don't have to do so much micromanagement on this one like the ones before.

tastefulmrship
06-06-2008, 07:34 AM
I don't care about the Achievements (for this game), I'm gonna spend most of the time in sand-box (ie pacifist) mode. If I get Achievements on the way, well it's a bonus!

Oh, and if anyone's interested in getting any MP Achievements, then message & FR me in advance. I'll be happy to get to Space Age and get annihilated by another army... no worries!
Make sure you put a message with the FR, otherwise I'll think it's another random request and ignore it!

aza2k8
06-09-2008, 08:37 AM

hey darth how can you boost on gta 4???

tastefulmrship
06-09-2008, 11:11 AM
hey darth how can you boost on gta 4???

1. Stick rocket up arse.
2. Light touch-paper.
3. Pray to God.
4. Shout 'weeeeeeeeeeee...' while losing consciousness due to g-forces.

(It's a secret achievement added by Rockstar just before release!)

Tricause
06-11-2008, 09:36 PM
:D Lol. The irony eh? But I got other games too...Harder ones...

I would say Chromehounds and Lost Planet have the hardest achievements ever. Lost Planet because of the Markers, and Chromehounds because it is very time consuming (over 2000 rounds).

Mustkill9
06-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Does anybody know how to combine units to make an army? I just got slaughtered by an army of archers that had a defense of 15, and my attack was 2. (I was attacking a city of unknown defense)

I had 2 of the same unit type on the same square and I can't figure out how to join them.

Darth Odan
06-12-2008, 12:31 AM
You need three of a kinda(three Legions) in a city, and press Y.

Mustkill9
06-12-2008, 01:05 AM
You need three of a kinda(three Legions) in a city, and press Y.

Thanks. The game's pretty cool by the way. I have the actual game. It's much different than the Super Nintendo version that was the last version I played. I don't know if I prefer the new one or the old one yet.

RazgriZ FX
06-12-2008, 03:15 PM
You can mix & match any unit, 2 legion, 1 archer for example.

All you have to do is position them anywhere on the map in the same segment/square/circle, then with one of the units selected press "y" to "FORM ARMY".

It doesn't have to be in a city.

tastefulmrship
06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
You can mix & match any unit, 2 legion, 1 archer for example.

All you have to do is position them anywhere on the map in the same segment/square/circle, then with one of the units selected press "y" to "FORM ARMY".

It doesn't have to be in a city.

Three of one unit! No mix'n'match! Anyway, when you're onto Bomber Wing #200, you don't really care!

eXtreme 1138
06-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Well by my standards, these achievements are very hard... I've only played on Warlord (easy) so far but gonna try King (normal) sometime soon hopefully. It's not terribly difficult but it does take time. Deity (very hard) is going to be a pain.

So, in answer to the original question, the acievements take a long time and some are very hard unless of course, as aleady mentioned, someone comes up with cheap tactics to easily get the achievements.

tastefulmrship
06-13-2008, 08:47 AM
So, in answer to the original question, the acievements take a long time and some are very hard unless of course, as aleady mentioned, someone comes up with cheap tactics to easily get the achievements.

The person who does that will become a God among men!

eXtreme 1138
06-13-2008, 03:33 PM
The person who does that will become a God among men!

Agreed! It's hard to get going on Deity, let alone getting by...