PDA

View Full Version : Video game question(s)

Namaste
05-27-2008, 08:15 AM
I am considering on the possibility of buying any of these games:

GRAW 2
Saints Row
Call of Duty 3
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Shadowrun
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Medal of Honor: Airborne
F.E.A.R

They are worth it? Do they have good replay value? Are the online communities still active or at least semi-active?

Molneze3
05-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Dude... all of them are good, but you may have some trouble finding online players for SR, LP, and FC.
If you want to know what people say about these games, go to the individual game forum, thats what its there for!

Royle
05-27-2008, 09:36 AM
GRAW 2
Saints Row
Call of Duty 3
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Shadowrun
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Medal of Honor: Airborne
F.E.A.R
The ones underlined are the most likely not to be that active whereas the others will be more active. GRAW 2 and Rainbow Six 2 especially.

gatorbait
05-27-2008, 02:56 PM
They are all solid games. Obviously some are a bit older so I don't know how many people you would be able to find online still. GRAW 2, RSV 2, Shadowrun, and CoD 3 would imagine are still going strong. The others you might need to check in those games' forum.

Parkerktm
05-27-2008, 04:24 PM
As said before, all games are great. I personally suggest Rainbow Six Vegas 1, GRAW 2, FEAR, and shadowrun. Those games seem to have the best MP, RSV1 being the strongest followed up by GRAW2.

If you want, check out screenshots and watch the reviews in gametrailers.com

Godge
05-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Well I don't have any of those (partly because I'm skint) but if I was going to buy one it would have to be Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (which I am actually hoping to buy soon).

knockton55
05-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Vegas 2 or Lost Planet.

laundryman
05-27-2008, 11:41 PM
If you want a genually entertaining game, it'd be Vegas 2, F.E.A.R, or Lost Planet

neoadorable
05-28-2008, 12:53 AM
isn't shadowrun officially discontinued or something? that's the only one i wouldn't get, the others are decent or better.

greatREDvinny
05-28-2008, 01:01 AM
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

As of now I think you'll be able to have the most fun with this. Campaign is fun especially with a friend and a lot of people play the MP. The other games you'll probably have trouble finding matches. AND the Achievements are all attainable without boosting! YAY!

Crimson Ridley
05-28-2008, 01:04 AM
GRAW 2 would be your best bet for active communities, whereas Saint's Row doesn't have much people playing and even the ones that do play are the nastiest bunch of gamers I've ever met. It's one of the only times (along with Gears of War) that I've had numerous people tell me they are going to kill my "n**ga ass" (I'm white) along with my mum and friends just because I killed them. It's like playing a game with G-Unit.

greatREDvinny
05-28-2008, 01:16 AM
It's like playing a game with G-Unit.

haha nice. I had no idea GRAW 2 still had people playing online. I think I'll pick that up. Well after I finish GTA and Ninja Gaiden II.

hoernchen
05-28-2008, 04:47 PM
GRAW 2 > heard only good stuff about this game and online seems to be fairly populated.
Saints Row > nobody is playing this online anymore, but i liked it better than gta4.
Call of Duty 3 > good campaign, but finding people for online play can be hard.
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 > good game, relatively big online community.
Shadowrun > this is a joke when playing with pc-players. would not ever recommend this game.
Far Cry Instincts Predator > online should be pretty dead by now.
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition > friend of mine told me that the old lp still has a fair amount of players.
Medal of Honor: Airborne > never played, so dunno.
F.E.A.R > online is pretty much dead. at times you can find games up to a view people, but "big games" are rare.

Prince Carnage
05-31-2008, 09:35 AM
I would pick Rainbow Six Vegas 2, it is a good game and it has a large online community. If your going to go for F.E.A.R though and want a high gamerscore in it, I personally thought the achievements were really hard.

n1n3t33nd3lta
05-31-2008, 09:59 AM
I'd go with Rainbow Six Vegas 2 as well. Either that or Medal of Honor: Airborne. The offline achievements for both games aren't too hard, either. Never messed with the online ones, yet.