PDA

View Full Version : Leaked List of first round of Arcade deletions??

Disc07
05-27-2008, 10:03 PM
I dunno how reliable they are or the source... 360-hq.com but thats where i got this...

Well I don't know if the arcade game list is leaked out on the net yet about which ones are getting removed, but I got a friend that talked to a person that worked for m$, and they told me the list.

So here the list of arcade games that will be removed in the next 3 months:

Asteroids / Asteroids Deluxe
Battlestar Galactica
Battlezone
Bliss Island
Centipede & Millipede
Contra
Crystal Quest
Cyberball 2072
Defender
Discs of Tron
Double Dragon
Ecco the Dolphin
Fatal Fury Special
Frogger
Geon: Emotions
Gyruss
Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Mad Tracks
Marathon: Durandal
Missile Command
Mr. Driller Online
New Rally-X
Novadrome
Pac-Man
Root Beer Tapper
Rush'n Attack
Scramble
Screwjumper!
Soltrio Solitaire
Sonic the Hedgehog
Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe
Spyglass Board Games
Street Trace: NYC
Super Contra
Tempest
Tetris Splash
Texas Hold 'em
Time Pilot
TotemBall
Track & Field
Wing Commander Arena
Word Puzzle
Xevious
Yie Ar Kung-Fu

And if your smart like me, all you have to do is download the "trail" for it and later you can simply purchase it. But if you never d/l'ed the trial you will never get to play the following games again... http://www.360-hq.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

Maybe if this is a real list, we can all download the trials of these games... then since they are delisted, maybe they will be considered free on the servers, and we can get ourselves some free Arcade games here in the next few months... :beer:

Otisbum
05-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Some of those I don't see being removed, like Pac Man and Marathon.

If it is real though, I'll have to pick a few of those up.

Daywalker-san
05-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Totemball is already free, so i dont see how it would be making less money than i could be, and MS have been promoting it with the camera so i doubt it will go

HellzViolator
05-27-2008, 10:13 PM
But why would they even get rid of some games?

KWEY516
05-27-2008, 10:23 PM
they should make all them really cheap for like a month then pull them cuz i would pick up like 5 of those

ps. i think this list needs to add games like robotron it sucks so bad

dark lord me
05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Thats a good idea just getting the trails if that s the real list so we can dl later

MajinFro
05-27-2008, 10:41 PM
A. The games are not being deleted but delisted which means they are going in the "backroom". You will still be able to buy them but they won't be in the same main selection.

B. That list is a list from a site listing all of the ones that meet the criteria minus the 6% conversion rate since that is unknown.

Parkerktm
05-28-2008, 12:01 AM
This list has fake written all over it.

TotemBall is Free
PacMan is a great game and probably one of the most played arcade games

and

No! Tetris Splash owns.

I wonder is MS is allowed to take off Yaris? or if they have a contract with toyota? They probably do though.

nytwstdpunk1211
05-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Contra and Pacman... i call fake

neoadorable
05-28-2008, 12:51 AM
this whole delisting idea is plain stupid. we're not talking about a physical store here where you need to clear space for selling stock. why then do this? because supposedly then people will rush to buy them? i don't tink so!

Lebowski
05-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Just seems fake tbh.
Pacman, Texas Hold 'Em, Tetris. etc etc.

Why do these games even need deleting? :confused:

Dstrukt
05-28-2008, 03:16 AM
This is not the officially released list. It is merely a list of games that do not meet the '65%' metacritic requirement.

D3adcell86
05-28-2008, 03:42 AM
Is your friend a person that got that list from a site like 1up or kotaku that just compiled a list of arcade games with a score under 65% on metacritic?

Tussell
05-28-2008, 03:58 AM
I hate that they have to delete it, you'd think that they could come up with a different solution. Because of this crap, I can't delete the games off my hard-drive that I've 200'd, but still enjoy playing occasionally.

gatorbait
05-28-2008, 05:46 AM
Just speculation but a lot of those games wouldn't surprised me if they were some of the first to go. Some games I wonder what MS was thinking putting them on the marketplace. I think it would be a smart move on MS's part if they announce which games will be delisted and mark them down in price. I know I would stock up on quite a few of them if they did this.

D3adcell86
05-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Why delist games though, they don't take up much space and i'm sure people are still buying them at least at some rate.

Royle
05-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Sonic? This aint the right list these are mainly games which are 400 points. I don't really care for them games but cause Sonic is on there I can't see it happening,

anslytlid
05-28-2008, 10:04 AM
I don't think Battlezone is old enough to meet the requirements either. Didn't it have to be like 6 months old?

Ecstasy uK
05-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Crystal Quest
Hardwood Backgammon
New Rally-X
Pac-Man
Scramble
Texas Hold 'em
TotemBall

woahh, 7 of my games if this list is true

I might pick up Frogger before/if it goes..

Facial La Fleur
05-28-2008, 11:24 AM
I just don't see it happening. Some of those games are very new and others are really popular still. Granted some are crap, I don't think removing them is the right move if that is their plan cuz even if a game is crap to one person doesn't mean that five other people actually might enjoy it. I myself just go through and buy random arcade games hoping for something cool and I can't really say I've been disappointed yet. Some games are frustrating with near impossible achievements (points at Street Fighter II, Hexic, and Poker Smash) but are still real fun to play anyway. Arcade games are so small in size that I can't see any need to remove any of them ever regardless of how well they are still selling or being played.

Ashz0r
05-28-2008, 03:44 PM
This list is defo fake!.. They wouldn't delist sonic and tetris splash.. that would be crazy..
+ Texas Hold Em probably has the most people playing it online then any other arcade game..

Darth Heyburt
05-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Sonic?

You fail at lying.

hoernchen
05-30-2008, 02:05 PM
This list is defo fake!.. They wouldn't delist sonic and tetris splash.. that would be crazy..
+ Texas Hold Em probably has the most people playing it online then any other arcade game..
i think there's more people playing uno and bomberman, but it is still way up in the top5 - played games, imo. besides, some of the mentioned games are just to new to delist, e.g. battlezone, bliss island or mr. driller. and why should they delist a free game like totem ball, when nearly everybody who has a cam gets this game?

knockton55
05-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Free? Yay I hope we do get a proper list soon so I know what trials to download, I never got novadrome....I thought it was alright.

xKNIGHT617x
05-30-2008, 05:51 PM
They would not get rid of track and field either

Bax x360a
05-30-2008, 05:57 PM
There's no incentive what so ever for Microsoft to stop making these games available. Why would they? I'm sure games such as Sonic still sell well with people who are new to buying a 360. I highly doubt its costing Microsoft much to keep them available, and their most liekly making more money from selling them than they would by getting rid of them.

Augustus
05-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Save Tapper.

Ben Sharpe
05-30-2008, 10:39 PM
It is probabally to try and free some space up for the new 300mb limit games

khamelion
06-03-2008, 07:10 PM
why dont they just reduce the price instead of delisting them. give them their own bargain bin section and have them at 200-400 msp. i dont see myself buying some of these game anyway but a smaller pricetag for tetris and marathon would intice me to download some of them

Otisbum
06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
It is probabally to try and free some space up for the new 300mb limit games Not necessarily.

They're not removing the games from their servers, they're just removing them from the viewable list of games. Which is how people who have downloaded it then deleted it will be able to re-download.

DCS 23
06-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Some of those I don't see being removed, like Pac Man and Marathon.

If it is real though, I'll have to pick a few of those up.
why not? pacman sucks balls..

StlrsRoc
06-04-2008, 08:43 PM
yeah this list is definitely a fake. considering sonic the hedgehog arcade has a metacritic of 77, it means someone had too much time on their hands and picked out all the games that were below 65 and claimed that they will be delisted.

lepricorn
06-07-2008, 11:37 AM
it would be sick of these became free

b3nnyth3gr33k
06-07-2008, 11:45 AM
they wont take these off !
pac man will live on !!!!!!!!!!!:woop:

shadaik
06-07-2008, 02:16 PM
they wont take these off !
pac man will live on !!!!!!!!!!!:woop:
Pac-Man is a really likely candidate, because there are three versions of this game online right now, Pac-Man himself being the weakest.

However, there indeed is a number of very unlikely ones. First of all, those that come for free with certain hardware (Totemball, Frogger) are unlikely to go off.
So are a number of classics such as Dig-Dug. They may have low review scores, but their conversion rates are probably rather high (remember, metascore is only one factor in deletion). And they won't off battlestar Galactica because it's the only game in this list I care about and I go apesh*t if they delist it before I bought it.
And they really don't want to see me angry.