PDA

View Full Version : The Games That Could Have...

TheWetherMan
05-31-2008, 03:35 PM
So what games do ya'll think could have been really great if it were not for small things like being overshadowed by a huge game like (Halo 3 or CoD 4), just not enough polish, minor glitches and problems, or mabey the game just some really great concepts.

My two are Shadowrun, just not a huge online community and the community that it had went fast due to Halo 3, I personaly love this game and wish more people played it. My second is The Club, great concept, online community lasted for about 3 weeks, with a little more thought to the online and overall polish to the game could have been a really good game.

So what are ya'lls could have been games?

narcolepticshee
05-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Pro Evo 2008
Normally I'm a big pro evo fan but this year it just wasn't a patch on FIFA at all

Peace

JC
05-31-2008, 04:10 PM
I thought Transformers was a pretty decent game. :)

Ashz0r
05-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Timeshift Multiplayer was an awesome idea with the time domes etc ^^ To many other good games came out on the same day as Timeshift :(

Yann
05-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Assassins Creed, to reptitive despite the story and mechanics being spot on. I hope they fix those problems in the sequel.

Halo 3 - Good multiplayer but the bloody story and single player was a bit useless.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines : Gigantic glitched game despite being a great concept, patches helped fix the problem but it was basically broken.

Fahrenheight (Indigo Prophecy for the Americans) : Last third of the game went absolutley off its tits in terms of story. It was ment to be released as episodes but the idea was scrapped at the last minute so they had to quickly change the story around and it didnt excatly work well

Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Amazing game but Lucasarts rushed the developers because they're money hungry twats, it could of been so much better if they allowed development to go on for another 3-4 months.

RFT 123
05-31-2008, 07:02 PM
King Kong would've been better if it had never been released at all.

DeathMinion111
05-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Earth Defense Force. They needed to give it an online MP.

antnie
05-31-2008, 09:57 PM
I thought that assassins creed was a bit repeditive. Also bully scholarship edition has lots of loading and some glitches. Tose are the only ones that I ca think of right now.

IRONMAN
05-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Timeshift Multiplayer was an awesome idea with the time domes etc ^^ To many other good games came out on the same day as Timeshift :(

Beat me too it..this was the first thing that came to my head..loved this game, not bad multiplayer..just had no chance against some bigger dogs.:uzi:

Parkerktm
05-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Timeshift (Bad release date and overlooked)

Stranglehold (Long loading screens and bad release date)

LegitLostLegend
05-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Shadowrun n Stranglehold

naptownsteeler
05-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Shadowrun is also the one I think of. Have actually bought this twice. To bad no one plays anymore.

Crimson Ridley
05-31-2008, 11:18 PM
GTA 4 could of been great, if it weren't for the crappy multiplayer, the amount of features needlessly ripped out of the single player, the rubbish soundtrack and the occassional glitches. It's still an alright game, but now the excitement has worn off it's just not that great.

xK1NG L30N1DASx
05-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Definetly assasins creed could of been ALOT better

Gun-Nut
06-01-2008, 06:22 AM
Have to go with Shadowrun such a great game! :D was a shame not enough people brought into and the Cross-Platform Play.

IRONMAN
06-01-2008, 06:27 AM
Another one: Iron Man .. I like the game, & have it for my collection.. but it could have been so much more.

xXBlackKatXx
06-01-2008, 06:31 AM
IronMan. I think it would have been a good game, if they would have worked on it longer. It looks good but plays like crap.

Ducino
06-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Kayne and Lynch MP

Obi-Brown
06-01-2008, 10:49 AM
PsiOps.
Great idea beaing able to throw people with your mind and possess guards, was just a bit clunky on the controls and the story wasn't great

aussiegamer
06-01-2008, 11:34 AM
The Club and Assasins Creed easily.

Dragonfire 360
06-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Bully has potential.

But every room you enter comes with a 30-60 load time. And there were 4 loading screens on constant loop. Painful.

Cyrex
06-01-2008, 03:43 PM
i think that Army of Two had some serious potential too but it was just too short and not many people played it. Also i think that shadowrun would have been pretty nice too if it had some type of single player campaign. It is an addicting game online and i love playing it but there could have been either some type of single player or a sequel, before the company went bankrupt.

Groundogg
06-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Lost Planet. I played this game every day since release up until about three months ago when for some odd reason, I could no longer connect to the servers. For me it was everything I ever wanted in a game, third person, epileptic explosions, great graphics, nice community and set in my favorite scenery. The expansion comes out next Friday and I can't wait, I just hope I can connect to the servers. It would be devastating if I found out that I can't. The community was only small, about 10 matches up throughout the day, Japanese and American. I didn't even need to add people to my friends list, there was a 90% chance I would be playing with them in the next match. When I quit I was ranked within the top 100 in GB and fairly high in the world.

Two Worlds was also a quality game, but people expected too much from it. When I first saw the graphics I didn't think they were very good, but after about an hour of playing I was addicted. The gameplay reminded me of Fable so it was like crack for me. I only ever tried the online once, and it lagged like mad so I never tried it again.

FarCry deserves a mention as well, truly a great game. Me, my brother, my cousins and my cousins mates could play this for a long time. Predator was amazing, I've yet to see another game mode like it. Plus, the map editor was genius, nearly every online custom map I played was unique. I didn't buy this game on release because I was still playing the PC version but when I eventually did buy it, not many people online played it, its community was smaller than Lost Planet's.

Bolt
06-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Assasins Creed, Timeshift, Just Cause

Tussell
06-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah, the singleplayer was a bit weak, but the multiplayer was definitely good fun! I just wish more people would have played it.

MRD64
06-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Turning Point had an amazing concept and the background to it was immense but then when I rented it the gameplay was just....disappointing. They spent ages on the sets but this made the graphics a little shoddy. Had they spent much more time on AI, graphics and storyline, the game could have been much better recieved.
As for the Multiplayer, I had it for a week and never got a game. The weekly leaderboard consisted of 2 people with a total of 15 kills between them. Wow.

nytwstdpunk1211
06-01-2008, 08:46 PM
I don't know what is wrong with The Club. The controls were tight and the game was generally fun.

scriptor
06-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Lost: Via Domus had potential, and for what it is, is quite fun, but could have been a lot better than what they pulled off. Still is fun for about 7 hours and 1k points. Got me over 20k, so I won't complain.

Chud 360
06-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Assassin's Creed - Doing the same missions over and over just wasn't fun.

PES 2008 - Terrible glitchy online multiplayer. Huge disapointment