PDA

View Full Version : F*** this saving system!!!

D0cman88
08-10-2006, 03:49 AM
So I got this game today and it's pretty cool. Pretty much just walk around and find different ways to kill zombies.

Anyway, this saving system absolutely sucks. I have had to fight Carlito 3 times now because I either forget to save or can't get to bathroom or sofa in time. And what makes it harder is the lower your health gets the slower and weaker your guy gets. I don't know, I just think they could've figured out a better way to save the game.

xMR 360x
08-10-2006, 04:07 AM
This saving system im guessing trys to get people to play longer

BlazeDragon132
08-10-2006, 04:14 AM
This saving system im guessing trys to get people to play longer
I think it adds challenge to the game to keep it from being repetitive. I can't wait to play this Friday! Gotta get work on the guide :woop:

xMR 360x
08-10-2006, 04:57 AM
I think it adds challenge to the game to keep it from being repetitive. I can't wait to play this Friday! Gotta get work on the guide :woop:
Yea so i dont see why people whine about it,DOESNT ANYONE WANT A CHALLENGING GAME ANYMORE?

thieflordgamer
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
I think they should've added a quick save system if it's THAT annoying. I like a challenge, but if you have to go somewhere and you don't like leaving your 360 on, you could just quick save it, and once you turn your 360 back on and start playing again, that quick save is deleted.

squirreltakos
08-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah it's more challenging... I think it make you feel more like you really are running for your life. XD

Zombfied EyE
08-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah it's more challenging... I think it make you feel more like you really are running for your life. XD

My thoughts exactly:cool:

graf1k
08-10-2006, 08:31 PM
frustrating != challenging.

There are plenty of ways to up the challenge without making the game annoying. The save system makes it annoying, ESPECIALLY with the single save per profile.

Crazy Cabbie
08-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Wait, i don't get it. you can only save one time through the whole game, or you can only save over an old save????

Muta32
08-10-2006, 09:25 PM
keep it from being repetitive?!!! Yea challenge is good, but it's not possible to keep it from being repetitive and when your in the same spot in the game getting killed about 10 times before you actually get any further.
http://forums.filefront.com/images/smilies/CrashSmilies/food-smiley-018.gif

Wait, i don't get it. you can only save one time through the whole game, or you can only save over an old save????

Theres only 1 save slot meaning that you can only save over an old save

the-saint-of-killers
01-01-2007, 11:01 PM
clearly none of you are seeing the main points here, 1. repetitivity is a good thing sometimes, or why else would you buy a game that is essentially based upon killing a dickload of zombies, and that has from what i understand many endings and that requires you to play more than once and 2.many capcom games adopt this system, resident evil for example and if its akward then the makers probably wanted it to be akward.

Shaaady Souljah
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
valid points there, saint killer, but you missed their discussion by about 4 or 5 months ;) i will respond to your reply though. :)

i figure most people have accepted the save issue, whether they like it or not... i found it at times annoying, but there are enough spots that it is not a ridiculous set up. i ended up just memorizing where the save points were through out each wing of the mall and it was not bad at all. it is kind of nice how it is, because then the only places you can save are where zombies would not usually be able to get to, thus making it more realistic...like safe houses or safe spots in the mall.

magictroll
01-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I loved the save system myself. I thought it made the game more fun :)

Gunstar Chaos
01-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Yea this is old but I still hear/read people complaining about it till this day. IMO have a save period is great, I remember playing games back in the day and never get a save. You die on the last level and you're back on the first. Now that was aggravating.