PDA

View Full Version : Facing my fears

Santa
06-01-2008, 03:02 PM
So yeah, i've never really played scary games, my fear for them has kept me away. The scariest movie i have probably seen is I am Legend, the game being Gears of War. And i need to get over my fear to get over 25,000 gamerscore.

So today was a big day for me, i chose to rent Bioshock, which is one small step for gamers, one big step for me.

So yeah, i was wondering, do you play 'scary' games?

AztecYoshi
06-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Yes I play them and enjoy them loads. However most games only really make you jump as you play through it. I have yet to encounter a truely horrifying game that kept me sleepless at night. And I am Legend is the scariest film you have seen! Bioshock is scarier than that film.

What The Buck?
06-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Wait, I Am Legend is scary?

Don't worry man theres not too many Scary games on the 360 just stay away from F.E.A.R.

TheColdWolf
06-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Don't stay away from Condemned 1 go play lol, and don't stay away from FEAR.

Ashz0r
06-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Get F.E.A.R its a lot like Viva Pinata I think you would like it ^^

F.E.A.R stands for Friendly Elephant Award Ranch
Theres a lovely sweet young girl who guides you through the game where you teach elephants to dance and pause time.

Jdm
06-01-2008, 03:35 PM
I love Horror Games and Films! The Bloodier and more Gore, the better!

I tend to laugh it all off. It is funny when you think about it.:p

My Bro freaked out on playing the F.E.A.R. demo a while back. When he was climbing down the ladder, he couldn't help but to look up to see the little girl.:p He also started freaking when she appeared in that bloody Hallway. Sorry, but I can't help myself! It's hilarious!:D

Ashz0r
06-01-2008, 03:42 PM
I love Horror Games and Films! The Bloodier and more Gore, the better!

I tend to laugh it all off. It is funny when you think about it.:p

My Bro freaked out on playing the F.E.A.R. demo a while back. When he was climbing down the ladder, he couldn't help but to look up to see the little girl.:p He also started freaking when she appeared in that bloody Hallway. Sorry, but I can't help myself! It's hilarious!:D

The ladder bit freaked me.. it wasn't the seing her feet bit it was the ghost at the bottom I emptied a whole clip into thin air into that thing lol

The bloody room bit was confusing lol

I had it on PC before I got an xbox and my pc as a really good surround sound system on it and it made it that tiny bit more freaky.

Scary movies don't normally scare me it was the fact that your in control that makes horror games a bit more scary.

Ryot Control
06-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Nothing is really scary anymore, everything out there is just shock value. Resident Evil was the original real scary game but got mainstreamed just like the rest of em. Condemned is a good one to give a try since it brings the atmosphere back into the game.

You can always follow up your scary game sessions with some Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. That game is still fun to watch lol.

Jdm
06-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Nothing is really scary anymore, everything out there is just shock value. Resident Evil was the original real scary game but got mainstreamed just like the rest of em. Condemned is a good one to give a try since it brings the atmosphere back into the game.

You can always follow up your scary game sessions with some Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. That game is still fun to watch lol.

Resident Evil was great!

I forget which RE it was, but the part where the Licker pops out from the 2-way mirror in the Police Station was awesome! I'll admit, that shocked me for a second, but man what a rush!:p

Horror Games and Movies are both alike now. I'll have to agree that many went mainstream and it sucks to see that.

knockton55
06-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Haha...I am Legend shit me up man :P...but ive seen far worst, and played far worst than GOW,

Stay away from Condemned and Fear and Bioshock and you should be fine

Vapourise
06-01-2008, 04:05 PM
im not realy scared of anygame just that old film the sixth cent was quite scary when i first sore it when i was little.

get dead rising its not that scary but it well make u revover u phobier more.

TheColdWolf
06-01-2008, 04:11 PM
I tried watching Dawn of The Dead at my friends house lets just say i wanted to leave lol:p

Spartan EXR
06-01-2008, 04:30 PM
No... Not really, I can't name a single "scary" game that I have played.

Segnius
06-01-2008, 04:53 PM
im not realy scared of anygame just that old film the sixth cent was quite scary when i first sore it when i was little.

get dead rising its not that scary but it well make u revover u phobier more.

I literally laughed out loud at this. Sixth cent? When you first sore it? Revover u phobier? I can't even figure out what that last one is for sure, but I think it's recover from your phobia or something similar.

kiwi18
06-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Here ya go...Sorry, but I had to do it.

YouTube - The Strangers Theatrical Trailer

Parkerktm
06-01-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't have a huge dislike or fetish for horror games/movies.

I tend not to watch movies like the strangers, The Ring, and Saw, etc. because there just not my cup of tea but movies like I am legend i'm fine with seeing.

I'm not a huge horror game fan, but i've played bioshock and with the intention of thinking the game would suck it was awesome. My friend and I stayed up at his house till 4AM and played through half of condemned 1 , which was fun but kind of scary i guess. I've always wanted to check out fear as well, which i'll probably do over the summer

lol Kiwi, thats mean! :p

I think the scarier thing is though that it's based on real events

Santa
06-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Well Bioshock's only the start? Lolz.

I'll get Viva Pinata to wash it down :P

Pez
06-01-2008, 06:21 PM
It depends on what you consider scary.

What if you had a phobia of Pinatas? That's the friendliest game in 360 history down the drain. :p

I'd recommend Condemned and F.E.A.R. if you want scary. Anything else is pretty meh, even Bioshock. Well apart from the Houdini splicers, but I'll let you discover them yourself. ;)

Tussell
06-01-2008, 06:25 PM
So yeah, i was wondering, do you play 'scary' games?
Of course I do. My favorite Xbox 360 game is Condemned: Criminal Origins.

Horror has always been a top priority when it comes to entertainment. I will, for the most part, choose something 'horror' over something else.

I was playing Resident Evil 2 when it came out for the PS1... I was what... Eight?

Ashz0r
06-01-2008, 07:30 PM
It depends on what you consider scary.

What if you had a phobia of Pinatas? That's the friendliest game in 360 history down the drain. :p

How in the hell is it the most friendliest game on the 360 it has more fighting then dead or alive.

I spent most my time either smashing Evil Pinatas with a shovel so my little evil beasts could eat its candy from its dead body (Cannibals). Then spent most my time trying to get them to have sex/love dance (alot of those love dances were hardly PG.. 18+Mature tbh) then they all just started fighting with each other.. I had to lock them away like a concentration camp not a garden..

I've seen more action and sex in Viva Pinata then I have seen in anything rofl.

nytwstdpunk1211
06-01-2008, 08:43 PM
How in the hell is it the most friendliest game on the 360 it has more fighting then dead or alive.

I spent most my time either smashing Evil Pinatas with a shovel so my little evil beasts could eat its candy from its dead body (Cannibals). Then spent most my time trying to get them to have sex/love dance (alot of those love dances were hardly PG.. 18+Mature tbh) then they all just started fighting with each other.. I had to lock them away like a concentration camp not a garden..

That was a really good take on Viva Pinata. I forgot which animal it was but the love dance consisted of one pinata throwing the other against the wall..

The original Silent Hill was very scary to me.

Gaurdy3G
06-01-2008, 08:44 PM
i didnt find F.E.A.R that scary at all, my first reaction on seeing the girl appear was to try and shoot her in the head.

DeltaZ360
06-01-2008, 09:39 PM
The title should have been Facing my F.E.A.R. BAHahahaha ha ha *cough* err.

But yea, Bioshock isn't that bad. I jumped once and was a little scared to move anywhere when playing through for brass balls, but other than that, it's not too bad.

hoernchen
06-01-2008, 09:39 PM
i didnt find F.E.A.R that scary at all, my first reaction on seeing the girl appear was to try and shoot her in the head.
man, that just kinda freaked me out right now. i'm happy i'm not living anywhere near you and i'm not a kid anymore... :D

the scariest two games on the 360 have to be condemned and f.e.a.r. as already some people stated before me. both got some neat shock effects in them, whilest jericho, dark sector, gow and dead rising are more about the gore than the scary stuff.

so just stay away from condemned and f.e.a.r (haven't played the single player of condemned 2 yet, so i cannot say anything about that...) and you should be fine.

and oh yeah, dawn of the dead was not scary at all when it comes to shock effects and stuff. dotd's scariest point was romero's critics about western civilization and human behavior itself. if you were talking about the remake of dotd than i'd just have to say: not scary, just gory. (which does not mean, that i don't like gore) ;)

antnie
06-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Wait, I Am Legend is scary?

Don't worry man theres not too many Scary games on the 360 just stay away from F.E.A.R. Also stay away from Condemned. Bioshock is some what scary, only because of the lighting and the way, actually it is sort of scary.:p

Ben Sharpe
06-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I played the FEAR demo and when I saw the girl in the corridor I just turned it off, I love horror movies (especially sci-fi horrors eg Event Horizon) and games but that was a step too far lmao

Daywalker-san
06-01-2008, 10:38 PM
BioShock scared me shitless the first time i played it, the splicer at the start made me jump something chronic. the bit near the end where you find the tape of a kid crying while breaking a puppys neck, >.<, got to me that did

loren83
06-01-2008, 10:43 PM
I can't say that I found F.E.A.R. to be that scary but Condemned was pretty bad. My brother and I played that with all the lights out and I got freaked out quite a few times. I was playing at one point and I went to check a locker and just as I approached a zombie, or whatever the hell that thing was, popped out and scared the shit out of both of us. I beat his ass, paused the game and went for a cig to calm my nerves. I would stay away from that one for sure.

Ben Sharpe
06-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I just remembered about the bit down the stairs with the moving statue, I literally owned my own pants at that part :D

Bondfan626
06-01-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't like scary games or movies either. Resident evil, and bioshock i like, but they are not too scary. The condemned and Fear demos scared me a lot though. Im buying condemned 2 tomorrow from a friend though just because hes selling me it for $15.

EvilestBean
06-02-2008, 12:07 AM
I thought Dark Sector was a bit scary lol I wear my sorround sound head phones and have it up loud so all i can hear is the sound of the creatures scurrying around plus i kept looking around me lol then i saw a shawdow go past me on my wall next to me i looked and it was only my mum going to the bathroom I was like F**K (sorry for the swearing) I was sweating, also I thought the film called Haunting was bloody scary i hate ghost i bloody hate them so i freaked out a little when i watched that those films keep me up ALL NIGHT LONG LOL.

Santa
06-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I'll turn the brightness up on Bioshock.

As the zombies on oblivion gave me the willies.

CORPSE CRISIS
06-02-2008, 02:01 PM
i could easily say that F.E.A.R was probabily the most frighting game ive ever played in my life...until i finally faced my fears and beat the game..

Gm Godfather
06-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Silent Hill for me.

Dark room, with curtains shut a create of beer and me best mate.

knockton55
06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
I'll turn the brightness up on Bioshock.

As the zombies on oblivion gave me the willies.

Awww c'mon man! The zombies on oblivion? Jeez!

Groundogg
06-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Silent Hill for the Playstation was shit scary. I hated those crazy dogs that came from no where.

Bioshock is only mildly scary. The Medical Pavilion creeped me out a bit because there was about 10 rooms with surprises in them. Lights going off, people jumping out of coffins, misty rooms and random corpses appearing. Weird.. They should have kept that scary factor throughout the game. For me, it was only present in the Medical Pavilion.

Off topic: In the room (Medical Pavilion) where mist covers the screen and a corpse appears on the chair? Is the person through the vent the one that put it there? I think someone was meant to appear after the corpse spawned but no one did, I was stood on a table in the corner for 30 seconds wondering where the guy was.

IRONMAN
06-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I have only recently started to love scary games.. I was terrified of Resident Evil back in the day.. My friend rented some creepy game where you have to photograph ghosts & let me tell you..Terrifying.

Rent Doom 3 for xbox. It works on the 360. Enjoy that one.

Groundogg
06-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Rent Doom 3 for xbox. It works on the 360. Enjoy that one.

Every moment of that game I was bricking it, nearly every corner, room, whatever had some crazy bastard waiting around it.

Pez
06-02-2008, 06:05 PM

You remind me of Anne Diamond. ;)

laundryman
06-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't play scary games unless they appeal to me gameplay wise (i.e. F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Condemned series, ect.)

Fly
06-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Yes, I enjoy them very much. Silent hill...Resident evil...whoa! Bioshock spooked me in some spots but it wasn't a "scary" game. I just love horror. I'll prolly go and buy Alone In The Dark as well as the new silent hill and resident evil 5.