PDA

View Full Version : is anyone still playing?

blakeydinho7
06-01-2008, 04:31 PM
is anyone still playing this game i started playing again recently and got hooked on collecting cards but i need a few rare ones and never see them on there for example everton away kit if any is still playing add my gamertag Blakey07

Jissi
06-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Dont even bother starting to collect, you will never, ever collect them all anymore.

The online community died of this game, there are only a very few card traders online and getting the aforementioned rare cards is almost impossible. Weaker teams are also incredibly hard to fill with players, as nobody cares for putting up bronze players for sale...

Buying packs is not an option either, as they tend to be filled with crappy gameplay and injury cards all the time. In my past 30 gold packs I havent seen a single gold ball for example, and you need 15 of those only.

Even if you accumulate a lot of credits, you'll never see the needed cards online.

EOU Findub
06-02-2008, 08:09 PM
That is not true. The online community is not dead. While the online community is dead trying to play an actually game there are tons of cards out there. I have seen many of the "rare" cards (I have bought most of them) and I continue to be a fairly consistent trader myself. I am getting on average about 10 cards a day from online. I usually pick up another 5 from packs and put what I don't need for trade. There are enough of us out there that it is still very possible to complete the album. Plus, if you get a group of 3 or 4 people buying gold packs, it would be very easy to complete the album. I only need 20 or so more kits, 1 badge, 20 balls and a handful of players and then I am done.

Jissi
06-02-2008, 09:28 PM
That is not true. The online community is not dead. While the online community is dead trying to play an actually game there are tons of cards out there. I have seen many of the "rare" cards (I have bought most of them) and I continue to be a fairly consistent trader myself. I am getting on average about 10 cards a day from online. I usually pick up another 5 from packs and put what I don't need for trade. There are enough of us out there that it is still very possible to complete the album. Plus, if you get a group of 3 or 4 people buying gold packs, it would be very easy to complete the album. I only need 20 or so more kits, 1 badge, 20 balls and a handful of players and then I am done.
If you compare it to what it was a mere year ago - it is dead. When you miss a "handful" of cards, it is easy to get new ones, wait till you get to your last hundred and have to search for those for days.

I am done with England, France, Rest of the world, missing 9 german, 44 Italian and 52 Spanish player. Thats like 100 cards missing, + 6 balls and 10 kits. I havent even seen the kits or the balls online so far in the past 5 weeks, since I got back online. Not for a reasonable price, but at all.

Just listed an hour ago in Excel all the italian players that I need, I have a potential pool of 108 players. That means that I need every second approximately, to get all the missing 44. Searched for all of them and found guess how many? One. Oh, and one more silver guy, for 750 credits.

Dont want to discourage you, the more traders the merrier for sure. For now I cant even afford to buy packs as my trade pile is full, despite I sell all my players/badges/contract extensions for the minimum price (100/200). I check in few times a day only to see that I sold 2-3 max, so I can buy like 1 pack a day... :(

EOU Findub
06-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Well, I didn't get the game until maybe 4-5 months ago, but I can definitely tell it is no where close (at least I can assume and with you saying it to me) to what it used to be. It is also sad to see people selling things for 3,000 credits and when that is the last card you need to complete a team it is very discouraging.

All in all I have a bunch of players only missing maybe 30 total, but my problem is finding the Kits. I started my Ultimate Team over again and am only in Level 2 with no desire to go any higher aside from the fact that I will eventually need to buy Silver/Gold packs. I need about 30 more kits, and 19 more balls.

I also put all of my cards for the lowest listed amounts (unless I know it is a super rare card) to which then I only put it up another 100 or so. Like I said before, it is sad to see a Blackburn kit go for 3,000 and I need it really badly. Anywho, I will continue to search online and buy packs so long as I need cards. I am still really addicted to completing the Collector's Album and will be until it is complete. How long and how many packs it will take, I do not know.

EOU Findub
06-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh another question I had is that do you get credits for finishing a country? if so, how many? Thanks!

Jissi
06-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I remember getting 5,000 for the first country, not remember for the others though. This damn program has the habit of not awarding the earned credits sometime for completed team, so I lost track...

Kit prices indeed ridiculous. Instead of everyone just sold their cards as fast as possible to have a high turn rate on their credits, they sit on them selling for 3-5,000... In the old times it was understandable to sell West ham away for 5,000, but nowadays...

EOU Findub
06-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Holy crap you saw that too!! Wow, no one is going to buy that. The only thing I will buy for the maximum is when it would be the last card for that country or the last card period. I need that Kit though but am not willing to spend 5k credits on it. Sadly, I have been playing my ultimate team, trying to slug through the games to get to level five to unlock gold packs. I hate it, especially after I have done it two or three times.

Jissi
06-04-2008, 06:03 AM
In the "old times" (a year ago or so), some of these were really selling for 5,000 as they are very rare due to a stupid card distribution in the program. In fact, even myself sold some rare kits for 5,000, they were always gone in 30 minutes. Nowadays, I dont think there are more than 20-30 collectors alltogether online, only a very few devoted enough to pay the 5,000 for that.

anolop
06-05-2008, 12:36 PM
We all know that balls are rare in packs, but I actually got a Finale Athina Capitano ball in my Gold pack today. That was only my 10th gold pack I've bought or something... They are also very rare and expencive online! I just bought the Finale Glider Chelsea for 5,000 credits! Sad to think that price is normal for gold card ball nowadays :(

Jissi
06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Gold balls sold for 5,000 in a blink of an eye even a 15 months ago. I've seen your Chelsea up yesterday, an hour ago a Glider FC Barcelona, also for 5,000.

Funny, the blue West Ham kit seems to be gone too.

EOU Findub
06-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I swear I didn't buy it...lol. Ridiculous whoever it was...I hope that 5,000 Credits were worth it. Looked this morning and didn't find a single card to buy. Bought 5 silver packs and what do ya know...not a single card I could use. Oh well.

anolop
06-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I bought the best silver pack today:
2x silver boots
1x gold badge (Fiorentina)
1x silver badge (Charlton)
1x bronze badge (AEK)
2x silver kits (Sporting Lisbon and Nice)
2x silver contract extention

Anyone beat that?? :D

RedBlinky
06-14-2008, 05:50 AM
I still play this game though I was out for about 2 weeks due to xbox problems. I'm stuck on Le Mans players and then I will finish out france eventually ill probably just sit their and buy silver or bronze packs until I get them lol.

Bought 10 bronze and 7 silver packs today and only got 2 useful card -_-

Richiee
07-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Me too play a little one and then. A pitty there's so few cards out there these days, hard not to get a little jeallous of "the old days" mentioned above. I know it's tough but I'll keep trying until it feels hopeless. Gold balls are always worth 5k, and if you see one out there: I will buy it!

When it comes to kits prized at 5k... That's never gonna be worth it. Some smaller teams away-kits like Lille and Osasuna are extremely overprized. Come on! I can only wish no one is buying them because then people will start to think they're really worth that prize.

Let's keep the online trading scene alive a little longer guys!

EOU Findub
07-09-2008, 08:26 PM
There are still quite a few cards out...but I was never around when the game came out. Gold Balls are definitely worth 5k in my opinion...but kits are NEVER worth 5000. The only ones that are the exception are (once again only in my opinion) Bordeaux and Everton away kits. I have only seen the Bordeaux one ONCE (which I bought) and I have NEVER seen the Everton away kit for sale. Lille and Osasuna you can usually find for 1000-3000. Decent prices...still would be nice if there were more defenders out there on the market.

Richiee
07-10-2008, 04:44 PM
The creators of the game must have either been hating Everton och real Everton fans deciding their away jersey was to be extremely rare to find. I've never seen it, and if I do I would probably miss the opportunity just because of the chock of actually seing one.

Sure, 1k-3k for those shirts are okay, never seen them for that price though.

Todays reflection: Maybe it's time to put some bronze and silver cards on the trade list just to stimulate the market a little.

EOU Findub
07-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Haha, I KNOW! I have never ever seen one...which sucks because it seems like everyone and their mothers are missing that one. I spent 6k on gold packs last night and found ONE gold ball in all those packs (Finale Athina Metallic). Pretty sad. :( I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't even look for Bronze cards anymore...it is just a waste of time. I actually don't look for Gold players anymore either (I wrote down all the players available and I checked my list and I only need silver players). I always check first thing in the morning for new cards and while there seems to be new ones....none that I need :)

Richiee
07-11-2008, 05:33 AM
Buying packs is imo almost always a waist of credits. The sad thing is that it's necessary. Anyone know the odds of getting a gold ball in gold packs?

Thinking of spending one whole day only earning credits and then buy gold packs for everything. And I mean one whole day, maybe trying for 100k credits or so. If I do, I'll write a report and post here. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. Next week, I promise.

anolop
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
I think the golden balls comes once every 10th-15th pack... I've bought the Everton away kit three months ago, and I've seen 3 of them up for trade the last 6 months. So yeah, they are extremly rare...

EOU Findub
07-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Well, shoot Anolop....if you see one..or anyone for that matter...BUY IT FOR ME. I will pay 5000 for it. Even if you bought it for only 3500 or anything like that. Only if you see it though.
100k creds in one day...that is quite a feat. I have trouble sitting on 500 because I feel that silver packs are still valuable (I got a Finale 3D Effect in a SILVER pack). Anyways, gold balls...wish I had the credits to buy them off of Emigrate.

blakeydinho7
07-12-2008, 10:19 AM
alryt guys i see everyone is having problems wid tht everton kit aswell real bummer ennit, im struggling on about 4 away kits to complete england everton, boro, man city and sheff utd ( i have never seen a sheff utd away kit !!!) and really struggling on troyes away kit too been looking for about 2 months not one so depressing

Richiee
07-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Hmm, Sheff U away kit is rare, but not Everton away rare! ;)
I'm currently working on stats for gold packs and it's not a happy result.

Todays reflection: No one seems to want that red Finale ball out for sale.

EOU Findub
07-15-2008, 04:25 PM
I BOUGHT AN EVERTON KIT YESTERDAY albeit for 5,000 credits but I FINALLY found one! Oh yea...and I am saving up for that ball...it is just staring at me in the face for the past 3-4 days. :)

anolop
07-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Finale Red Capitano is the ball that has been up for trade the most times... It seems like everyone has that one ;) The Troyes kits are up for trade once in a while, and I would not call that very rare, but almost...

Richiee
07-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I BOUGHT AN EVERTON KIT YESTERDAY

Oh great, that was the last Everton away card for 2008. Well then, back to guessing what the spanish players real names are. (In collectors album their known as Miguel Dos Santos Carlos Mendez but on the transfer list it's "Migo" or something)

anolop
07-15-2008, 09:18 PM
You have to write them all down, and use the name that is on the card, NOT in the collectors album :) Bare ett lite tips från meg;)

Richiee
07-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, but what if I wanna know about the cards I already own? (album)
As it is now, i have to exit the transfer list and try to remember the face of the guy and compare with the ones on the team page. All other teams and players are easy to keep track of in Excel. But spanish teams... That's why I am trailing with the spanish teams.

blakeydinho7
07-16-2008, 07:57 AM
i know have everton away kit minute i posted i got in pack i couldnt believe it, still no luck on tht sheff kit tho lol, troyes is quite a hard kit to get home kits appear more away kits hardly ever cant remember last time i saw a man city away kit either really annoying

anolop
07-16-2008, 04:39 PM
... i have to exit the transfer list and try to remember the face of the guy and compare with the ones on the team page.
No no no... When you find a card with a nickname (e.g. "Moises") online, just press the right joystick and you will get more info about that card. You can then see the players whole name, and compare that to you cards in the album;)

Jissi
07-16-2008, 05:25 PM
What the fck is going on with the online trading nowadays???? It seems that complete idiots taken over the place, overcharging not only kits and famous gold players, but anything recently. 4 of every 5 silver players is up for 1,000 credits, are you freakin' out of your minds? Just checked all available spanish defenders for example, all 3 silver guys sell for 1,000 and the 'world famous' Pablo of Atletico is for 5,000.

I hope that the biggest enjoyment you'll get this year will be to sell one of those.

EOU Findub
07-16-2008, 06:11 PM
It's probably because idiots like me are buying them. However, I am only 23 (10 of those are balls) cards away from completing my album and I don't really care what I pay for the cards. I would pay 5,000 for Middlesborugh kit, Sevilla F.C. kits, and 1,000 for Galatasaray kit. I would also pay 5,000 for Gold balls. Do I like it? Hell no, but will I pay? Yes. Oh yea, and I will NEVER EVER EVER pay 5,000 for a player. Max I will ever pay for a player is 1,000.

RedBlinky
07-16-2008, 06:13 PM
I just finished my france section major props to whoevevr put matsui the DM from Le Mans for 100 i love you. I've been looking for a Le Mans player for months.

anolop
07-16-2008, 06:22 PM
SHIT! I've been lookin' for that player for months now, and I was only online 1 hour ago :O

Richiee
07-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Crazy that people are still trying to sell poor silver cards for 1000C and even worse: why are someone so stupid to try selling generic kits? Do they only play this game to screw with us serious players? Well, well....

Wow Findub you're extremely close now, almost time to create a thread with the last cards missing so we can help you find them. Even though it means that we will be one collector less in the future :(

EOU Findub
07-17-2008, 04:38 AM
Haha, that would be awesome, but I am not gonna be a turd and just hold onto my credits. I will either buy packs for people or just give people credits. ;) Always willing to help out my fellow gamers. :) I just finished Livorno and Udinese today so that made me pretty happy. I also bought a Finale 3D effect ball so that also makes me happy. Gonna go update my online list right now.

anolop
07-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Did you finish Udinese?? You're my hero!

EOU Findub
07-17-2008, 08:29 PM
I did finish it last night. I was scrambling to get credits while the Finale 3D effect was up and saw a Udinese player I did not have. Snatched him up for 750 and earned a crisp 1460 credits for filling them up. Now I think I only have around 860 credits after selling a few cards and buying that 5000 ball. :(

Jissi
07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
I am happy for your Udinese, it means more probability for me too to get them ... :) I still miss 4 of those, total # of outstanding cards is 35.

EOU Findub
07-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Got a CM Pinzi today in a gold pack and sold it Emigrate EU....also found 2 VFB Stuttgart players in silver packs. Good community out there...you should all post what you need in the stats thread I created so I know which cards to hang on to!

RedBlinky
07-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Good news i only need 2 more gold balls to get it. I need both the PowerOrange ones heres to good luck!

EOU Findub
07-20-2008, 06:20 AM
Yea, I wish you luck finding those!!! I found one of the powerorange cards in a pack...very lucky. Anyways, good luck again!

Richiee
07-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Played a few hours today and completed a couple of teams, but jeez, players are really expensive now. It hurts to buy a crappy silver guy for 1k. At least the players on my trade list are cheap. I sell gold players for 300, silver for 200 and bronze for 100. Sold 8 out of 10 cards from when I was last online 4-5 days ago. The struggle goes on... Seriously, nobody is buying that Red Finale ball. Why can't "the good ones" stay out there for so long?

EOU Findub
07-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I looked this morning to look for your ball and it was gone....so it looks like someone bought it. That sucks because I need it. Was going to get it on my day off (tomorrow) but oh well. You are 5000 credits richer.

Jissi
07-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey dude, I didnt put up the ball yet, I was waiting for your reply PM, when you'll be online to make sure you get it. I am online around 7-8 am and 7-11:30pm, central european time, which is like 6 hours ahead of Eastern time. Just let me know when you can make it.

EOU Findub
07-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Well, thanks for still thinking of me. I will shoot you over a PM to let you know when I am on. Unfortunately...I am on the WEST coast...so add another 3 hours. I will wait for your PM so we can set up a date and time. Still need to get the credits as well, but that isn't a problem 5 games can't fix.

Jissi
07-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Just take your time, I have enough credits to buy my missing few players. We can wait till weekend morning your time. Or whenever, its up to you.

Richiee
07-22-2008, 11:01 PM
but oh well. You are 5000 credits richer.

Too bad for me, I wasn't the owner of that ball. Haven't got a gold ball for a really really long time. They must have run out in my card generator or something.

RedBlinky
08-10-2008, 05:18 AM
I just finished out england today now just italy france spain and the juventus black kit to go. Oh I also bought one Powerorange ball so now the only ball i need is powerorange capitano so hopefully ill get lucky.

EOU Findub
08-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Wow, that is lucky. Never have seen those balls on the market...

RedBlinky
08-13-2008, 03:49 AM
IF anyone wants a LE Mans player i had the toughest time finding them i have Bangoura a CF if anyone is interested let me know. I put it on the market at 1,000 but ill give it cheaper to someone here.

Chrispy Ware
08-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm in need of some cards for cheap. I'm not going for the whole album cuz I don't have the patience. I just want to complete a country and get all the balls. I think I need 19 more balls and some stuff from the rest of Europe league but these stupid credit gougers are killing me! My game has burn rings in it from me playing so much back in the day so playing games and earning 1,000 credits playing matches is not really an option for me anymore because my game just freezes. Anyone know of how I can get my hands on these Rest of Europe 11 players, 4 jerseys, a symbol, and the soccer balls?