PDA

View Full Version : Game for a day...

kevco33
06-03-2008, 08:43 AM
I work very irregular hours, and there often comes a time when I get near-enough a whole day-off, but can't do anything as I'm still "on call"; meaning I may have to work if called in. Generally on these days, I like to get a "game for a day". Basically, I like getting rubbish like Lost or Jumper just to see if I can crack them in a day; today I'm thinking I'll be finishing either Lost or The Golden Compass.

Does anyone else do this? What other games could I use? I'm beginning to run low!

Zee
06-03-2008, 09:11 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59569

Also welcome to the forums. Next time make sure you read the stickies :).

xRogue 5x
06-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Also if you ever need any game related advice feel free to shoot me a message over live.

Tozzy
06-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Hehe,
NBA 06, Avatar - TAE

Those 2 are no brainers, could crack them both within an hour if you know what you're doing.

Off-Topic : I'm intreigued, what's it like being on-call? (im guessing you're some kind of doctor / surgeon / in the NHS profession or some sort) planning on joining that field of work myself. (if not just ignore this part :P)

Edit: ahh didn't see Zee's post lol :o yeah go to that list, you could pretty much crack all of them in under a day.

crymepayz
06-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Not only the medical proffession that are on call. I am a telecomms engineer and we also go on call

Ryot Control
06-03-2008, 05:51 PM
It can't be that bad. You just got to be ready to work at any time.

kevco33
01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Hehe,
NBA 06, Avatar - TAE

Those 2 are no brainers, could crack them both within an hour if you know what you're doing.

Off-Topic : I'm intreigued, what's it like being on-call? (im guessing you're some kind of doctor / surgeon / in the NHS profession or some sort) planning on joining that field of work myself. (if not just ignore this part :P)

Edit: ahh didn't see Zee's post lol :o yeah go to that list, you could pretty much crack all of them in under a day.

Done both of those! I'm actually a videogames journalist; I'm often in a situation where we're waiting on news, but aren't allowed to say anything til given the all clear by our lawyers and the publishers - sometimes for days. It's my equivilant of being "on call"!

Ohh, and sorry for not checking the stickies! Will do next time!

FourChan
02-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh cool, so you work for an online site? Not bad. I'll visit the link sometime and welcome to X360a.org, need any help send a question :D

tugboatman
02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Done both of those! I'm actually a videogames journalist; I'm often in a situation where we're waiting on news, but aren't allowed to say anything til given the all clear by our lawyers and the publishers - sometimes for days. It's my equivilant of being "on call"!

Ohh, and sorry for not checking the stickies! Will do next time!

Not nitpicking here but you say you`re a videogames journalist and you dont know which games you can "crack in a day" lol but if you honestly dont know just pick up any kids games i.e Open season, cars etc

Hitchman
02-03-2009, 04:58 AM
i use gaming to fill in the gaps in my day as well, i have been using disney and other little kids games to get easy scores with. I have also been playing a lot of arcade games.