_______

Halo3
Call of Duty 4
Gears of War
Rainbow Six Las Vegas2
_______

Royle
06-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Gears all the way CoD4 is awesome online but has a dull story to it.

Ashz0r
06-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Voted Halo3.. It's the one shooter I still play (other then TF2) that still remains fun.
CoD4 became way to easy and I got bored.
Gears of War Online community was horrible and I was never a big fan of the online play anyway.
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 I got bored after getting most of the online achievements.

Halo3 Online seems to be the only one that I find still to be a challenge ^^
Despite I hate the Singleplayer I think the online makes up for it.

Although I loved CoD4 for a very long time it just became to easy.

The Single player on CoD4 and Gears of War is very good.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 I found the Singleplayer became very repeatitive and seing as its basicaly the same as Rainbow Six Vegas 1. It was repeatitive from the start for me because Vegas 1 became repeatitive near the end.

Just my opinion though ^^

p0rtfan
06-04-2008, 01:22 PM
i voted COD but i havent played any of them in a long while

knockton55
06-04-2008, 05:31 PM
COD hands down is the best FPS/Shooter game I have ever played, both online and off

Dark Aspire
06-04-2008, 05:56 PM
I'd say Halo, because I'm a big fan of the series and...

It just has more friend support and freedom! In Halo you can create your own maps, drive vehicles, use a bigger supply of interesting weapons, have more custimization in maps, much more explosive gameplay... I just cannot get why people give it so much stick!

It involves alot of skill, only people that suck at it can actually say they think it sucks, I own COD 4, undoubtly it is a good game, But I just do not think it is as much fun as Halo when you have friends around.

And hey, if you want to die real easy then go play some Team SWAT on Halo, bored? You have more than 10 very different playlists to play in, don't wanna play matchmaking? Gather friends and make a map / play custom games, don't wanna do that cos' no friends are online? Make an excellent map by yourself! Don't want to do that either? Look at some of your best kills in theatre. No video's in theatre to watch from? Either make some or go play some of the best moments in campaign.

I've actually had people say they don't know why they stopped playing Halo when they come back from COD 4, IMO the release dates. If it was COD 4 then Halo, COD 4 will be getting it all.

Kinda like how people think black on a 360 looks smexier than white, while if Black came out first THEN White, you wouldn't be thinking the same...

Yeah, Halo 3 has it's problems, all are going to be fixed in time.

*Essay Over*

Azrael008uk
06-04-2008, 06:22 PM
It's "Gears Of War" hands down.

"HALO 3" has a great campaign but the multiplayer is a major let down.

When you shoot people, they should die. You shouldn't have to empty an entire clip into them and then finish them off with a slap to the head.

"Call of Duty 4" is very entertaining but also a very arcady shooter. This doesn't mean it's not a brilliant game because it is and loads of people enjoy it, however it's definately behind Gears when it comes to player skill.

The "Rainbow" series... well it's all in the title isn't it?

There's a "Rainbow" series in "Bully" and it's common knowledge that "Rainbow Six" is for people who can't play "Gears Of "War". :p

Now I used to be in the army (much like an FPS but with better graphics) and used to shoot people for a living, so I know what I'm talking about.

Just as an interesting aside, the most "realistic" shooter I've ever played was "Shellshock: The Nam '67".

It was ahead of it's time and was so much like the real thing I found it unsettling to play.

Azrael

Maka
06-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I play Halo daily, haven't played any of the other games on the list for over 3-4 months, and own a couple of them too.

StlrsRoc
06-04-2008, 08:36 PM
As someone who has played all four games i will go with COD, both off and online

Otisbum
06-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Out of the top two, I'd say CoD4. Even without co-op and online achievements, both aspects of the game easily beat Halo 3. Not to say that the latter isn't good too.

flizmflozm
06-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Battlefield:BC is gonna rape... Halo3/COD4/Gears are toss ups in MHO ... good games for both single and multiplayer, you can't go wrong if you can only have one. But if you buy them at GameStop ... LOL!!!

Parkerktm
06-04-2008, 10:34 PM
RSV2 and COD4 FTW!

There both Great online and offline, RSV1 is $20-$30 New most places and $15 @ gamestop used during there sale

Tussell
06-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Personally I don't like the first three at all offline.
Haven't had the chance to play Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 yet.

So right now, I'd go with Rainbow Six, considering the online gameplay for the first three are mediocre, have a crappy community, and the single player sucks.

Drewman
06-04-2008, 10:41 PM
I have played all the games online and still playing COD4. It dont have the best story mode ever but still is really fun. I think the online can make up for that thought.

Nightdragon
06-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Im going to have to vote for Gears of War.

While I love CoD's campaign, it was far too short for me. That could be considered a good thing I guess for achievements but I still love long campaigns.

Gears has an amazing campaign, with co-op aswell. If cod had co-op it would make it just that much more amazing! Gears also has the cover system, while it sometimes goes a bit gay i much prefer it to corner watching on call of duty.

$0.02!!

Edit: Why are there so many of these damn threads right now!

MegaSparten360
06-04-2008, 11:41 PM
i have to say gears of war because halo 3 gets REALLY boring after a while COD4 is a really fun game but i am just more into gears right now. i have not had i chance to play RSV2 online but the offline sucks really bad

i have to agree with flizmflozm on battlefield bad company cuz it is a big open world and you can destroy ANYTHING you want

Santa
06-05-2008, 01:48 PM
What about Bioshock?

UNDERWALLY
06-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Bishock doesn't have online gameplay santa :p I voted for Halo, because it has great COOP and the online experience is really good

xnvy
06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
I didn't like Gears' storyline or Halo's but Call of Duty's had a good one though they could have made it much longer like thirty missions not fifteen or whatever they had.

Santa
06-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Bioshock may not have online play, but it makes up for it with the stunning visuals and gameplay.

rhino185
06-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I have to say R6V2 because you can work on your online character, offline.

JesusBread
06-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm not going to vote because they are all good games. Had fun with all of them.

blackflame0729
06-06-2008, 04:38 PM
COD4 is good all around

Bax x360a
06-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Gears of War without a doubt.

KENMACK39
06-07-2008, 05:22 AM
i disliked gears of war online, thought it was pointless that once you die your out for the whole round unless someone recovers you. I havnt played COD4 or Rainbows on line yet, so guess ill have to go with halo.