PDA

View Full Version : Civ Resolution Demo Out Thursday

silencedlight
06-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Just found out from the official site that the demo will be released on thursday 5th June 2008 and all european 360 owners can rejoice as the demo for eu ps3 owners is delayed.
The text itself;
'Civilization Revolution Demo out this Thursday, June 5th

Gamespot has announced the news so many of you have been waiting for: The Civilization Revolution demo is coming this Thursday, June 5th, to PS3 in the United States and Xbox 360 worldwide.The European version of the PS3 demo has been slightly delayed, and will be coming in the next couple weeks – and I will keep you posted on developing details.
The demo features both single and multiplayer modes that end at 1250 AD. You can play as either the Romans or Egyptians (you’ll have to wait a little while longer to test your skills at the other 14 civilizations!) Online, you can face off against another player and three AI in the head-to-head mode. I’ll see you all online Thursday: I challenge any of you to a head-to-head match!'

Also the demo is apparently just over 1 gig in size

The gamespot link here (http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26417445&sid=6192044&tag=latestnews;title;1)
Official site here (http://www.civilizationrevolution.com/)

Pointless Dan
06-04-2008, 07:17 AM
I didn't ever think they would get a demo out, but that is great. Role on tomorrow!!

KFZ Scrubs
06-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Man.... i thought the game cam out next week. Shoot, gotta wait longer for it now. W/e, i bet its gonna be awsome cuz i luv the civilization franchise....woot!

Chud 360
06-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Man.... i thought the game cam out next week. Shoot, gotta wait longer for it now. W/e, i bet its gonna be awsome cuz i luv the civilization franchise....woot!

Me too. However, i can't help thinking it's gonna be horrible on Console. I really hope im wrong tho. Hopefully the Demo will be good

tastefulmrship
06-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Ok, so the game doesn't seem to have the sophistication of the PC version(s), which is probably because of a lack of a mouse/keyboard input, making it easier to find/select units in the field... but... WHAT A DEMO! I can't stop playing it, I'll probably keep playing it almost exclusively until the full-game is released. I actually think this is SidM's best vision of the Civilisation franchise.

Roll on Friday 13th!

iskoot
06-06-2008, 12:36 PM
So I played this demo last night, and I must say that I'm AMAZED at how great this game is. The civipedia looked amazing, will probably spend HOURS just browsing through that once the game comes out on July 8th. The single player was VERY impressive. I don't know if it was just me, but the easy setting almost seemed to easy, though that's probably to make it hard for newcomers to loss. Will try out the second difficulty tonight. All I can say is this will be worth every penny.

Murakaless
06-06-2008, 02:28 PM
So I played this demo last night, and I must say that I'm AMAZED at how great this game is. The civipedia looked amazing, will probably spend HOURS just browsing through that once the game comes out on July 8th. The single player was VERY impressive. I don't know if it was just me, but the easy setting almost seemed to easy, though that's probably to make it hard for newcomers to loss. Will try out the second difficulty tonight. All I can say is this will be worth every penny.

What is civipedia???

Also it sounds as though some of you guys are really into the demo so I was wondering how much you can actually do in the demo?

Pointless Dan
06-06-2008, 05:16 PM
I love this Demo, it's fantastic and I really can't get off it. I have had my doubts, but now I know this is a must buy for me!

Murakaless
06-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I love this Demo, it's fantastic and I really can't get off it. I have had my doubts, but now I know this is a must buy for me!

I can't remember the last time I heard encouraging things about a demo!

Well all I can say is I can't wait until tonight when I can download it and play it.

Darth Odan
06-06-2008, 05:42 PM
You can play for about what, 50 turns? From 4000BC to 1000AD, right before things get interesting :( Though I did pwn the crap out of the Aztecs with Rome :D
I'm impressed at the simplicity of the controls and how much fun this game is. I only regret that it comes out on July :(

Murakaless
06-06-2008, 05:55 PM
You can play for about what, 50 turns? From 4000BC to 1000AD, right before things get interesting :( Though I did pwn the crap out of the Aztecs with Rome :D
I'm impressed at the simplicity of the controls and how much fun this game is. I only regret that it comes out on July :(

Man, you guys are making me want to leave work now and download the demo.

Didn't get the chance to get it last night.

Pointless Dan
06-06-2008, 06:27 PM

I thought the game was out in the UK on the 13th June? If it is then I would have thought that it would be out world wide before then!

tastefulmrship
06-06-2008, 07:47 PM
You get just enough time to demolish the Zulus and the Aztecs before 1250AD (the end of the Demo). Already pre-ordered and still playing the demo. It's addictive!

Oh and spend this time reading-up on the Civipedia. It makes life SO much easier!

Murakaless
06-06-2008, 07:50 PM
You get just enough time to demolish the Zulus and the Aztecs before 1250AD (the end of the Demo). Already pre-ordered and still playing the demo. It's addictive!

Oh and spend this time reading-up on the Civipedia. It makes life SO much easier!

Its been a while since I played Civ on the PC is that a long time to maybe experience a few different things? I mean if you say you keep playing it is it different every time almost like the full game would be?

Also what is the Civipedia????

Pointless Dan
06-06-2008, 08:04 PM

It's the in game help and tutorial feature. It's full of everything you need to know. Well the full version will be, the demo only has a limited amount of info, but you get the picture.

Murakaless
06-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Okay gotcha.

Thanks

FlyBoy120586
06-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Yes the demo is pretty freakin amazing. I've played it about half a dozen times and I always have a good time. I hope the online part is fun as well...

tastefulmrship
06-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Its been a while since I played Civ on the PC is that a long time to maybe experience a few different things? I mean if you say you keep playing it is it different every time almost like the full game would be?

As already mentioned, the Civilopedia is quite literally a catalogue of almost any (and every) piece of information about each aspect of Civ:Rev; including real-life video footage and pictures (the Pyramid video is awesome). The demo only has 1 information piece per section, but they're so vivid and information-rich that they're quite intimidating. The full game must have half a DVD full of this stuff! Amazing!

The demo is exactly the same each time. If you're ROMAN, you start at the top of the map and if you're EGPYTIAN you start at the right of the map. The time-limit is the same, the objectives and technologies are the same... but there's something magical about it. It's the first X360 game that has, quite simply, called to me! (Sad, huh?)
I play the demo 4, maybe 5 times a day, trying new tactics and army formations. Today's task is to finally beat the EGYPTIANS.

Binty
06-08-2008, 06:55 PM
This demo is great!
Got sooo close to killing off everyone! just not enough time!
The civilopedia is going to be amazing with all the video clips and pictures!

FredOnToast
06-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I've never played a Civilization game in my life, and my friend forced to try out this demo. I'm so glad they did, cause this demo is the sh*t! lol

It's a very good demo in my opinion, one of the best demos available for download. If your bored, try it. You won't be disappointed.

Murakaless
06-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah I finally got it (demo) Friday after work but I have been busy all weekend so didn't get to play as much as I wanted.

It was kinda funny I made the mistake of trying to take my settlers over some barbarians and lost before I could even found a city. In my defense I remembered that with settlers you can mine and get stuff from walking around and I just ended up going over by the barbarians and got killed.

Anyway that's chapter 1 of my Civ demo story so far.

DanTheManGum
06-09-2008, 04:18 PM
I never played a Civ game before and I downloaded the demo a two days ago. I enjoyed it so much that it made me want to own this game.

Roaming Dragon
06-10-2008, 11:17 AM
I have honestly never played a Civ game before, i've always thought it would be a waste of time.

I seen this on the 'Inside Xbox' so thought fuck it and downloaded it.

What can i say... Its brilliant everything about it is really good. Infact it was so good, on my first play through i stopped went onto www.play.com (http://www.play.com) and pre-ordered it.

And one thing i must say, for €24.99 (the english pound symbol is broke on ym laptop) i think that it is a bargain!

-Roaming Dragon

gamergirl11
06-10-2008, 11:22 AM
I had never played any versions of the game for PC or console either, but I had always heard other friends talking about 'Civilization' a few years ago...DLed the demo and I love it! Can't wait until it's out!!

eXtreme 1138
06-10-2008, 12:15 PM
As with a few people, i had never wanted to play a Civ game.. and as with everyone here... downloaded the demo and love it!

Fabio360
06-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Man, I've never really played SM's Civilization... but what a game, and they could really turn a possible disaster (this kind of game usually don't work well on consoles) into a game worth buying...
hope it's released in Brazil as well..

Chud 360
06-10-2008, 11:15 PM
wow, the last time i heard such good things about a demo was BIOSHOCK. And that ended up as game of the year for many mags etc.

Might have to get this now

eXtreme 1138
06-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Whats Civilization "Resolution" anyway? :P

tastefulmrship
06-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Whats Civilization "Resolution" anyway? :P

Usually 1920x1080! But only if you've researched the HDTV tech and built a DIXONS building in your city!