PDA

View Full Version : Games that should stay away from the big screen!

Santa
06-04-2008, 02:03 PM
After the desision that Bioshock may be made into a film, what is your status on it? Should it? Shouldn't it? I think not, a game should stay a game, imagine having a Big Daddy on the big screen?

1. GTA (any)
2. Bioshock
3. Assassins Creed
4. Halo 1-2-3
5. Gears of War 1-2-3

DCS 23
06-04-2008, 02:07 PM
it would be cool to see a big daddy on the big screen i think bioshock would make a good movie..GTA should stay away who cares go watch crime watch if u wanna see that assasins creed would be super boring cos everything would look the same..Well Halo sucks ass so should neva ever be put on any screen never mind a big screen and gears of war maybe yeh i think it would work as a movie but hey these are just my opinions..(dont start crying if u dont like them)

Parkerktm
06-04-2008, 02:09 PM
After the desision that Bioshock may be made into a film, what is your status on it? Should it? Shouldn't it? I think not, a game should stay a game, imagine having a Big Daddy on the big screen?

1. GTA (any)
2. Bioshock
3. Assassins Creed
4. Halo 1-2-3
5. Gears of War 1-2-3

It's like you read my mind ;)

theconodontuk
06-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I think bioshock could make a good film, with a few reservations.

1. It needs to be one man and his radio vs rapture, no sidekicks.
2. No naff 'possible sequel' ending
3. I don't care who directs it as long as it's not Uwe Boll

Dog Of Thunder
06-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Bioshock could a decent movie, but watch them make it a "squad of marines" or some variation of that instead of just one guy. Dead Rising would make a great movie...ohwait.

As for NOT being a movie? Halo by far. It would not translate well to the big screen. Assassin's Creed could make a decent movie but more then likely, they would drop the ball. No one's mentioned the #1 worst game to be made a movie: Culdcept Saga. Ohyeah, just think hard about that one for a minute. I mean sure, if Ed Wood was still around he could pull it off, but that's about it. :-)

theconodontuk
06-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Games that shouldn't...Sonic the Hedgehog for sure, I hate the games, The TV series was bad enough, a movie would be worse

Augustus
06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
None of them. Video games should never be made into movies under any circumstances.

V0NST3V3
06-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I thought that halo was being made into a film?? I think it would be great if done right, but would be very similar in many ways to starship troopers.

GTA would not make a good film, way too many gangsta films already :(

Gorjira
06-04-2008, 04:05 PM
None of them. Video games should never be made into movies under any circumstances.

I totaly agree, it would ruin everything about the game. Thats why video games that are made from movies suck!

Royle
06-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I think BioShock would be a mint film. You would just need a good director and then it would be a really good film.

Santa
06-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Well Gore Verbinski, who made Pirates of the Carribean may be making Bioshock. Although he said ''It belongs to the gamers'..

Jahmuz
06-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Viva Pinata

Ashz0r
06-04-2008, 05:04 PM

1. GTA (any)
2. Bioshock
3. Assassins Creed
4. Halo 1-2-3
5. Gears of War 1-2-3

1. GTA was a movie before it was a game. GTA1 on PS1 is based on a GTA film. It's a VERY old film and not many people know about it.
As far as I know it was banned in the UK quite quickly because it featured quite a graphic curb stomping scene.
2. Bioshock has a good enough storyline to be a film I can't see why not
3. Assassins Creed I hope not lol
4. Halo Film is inevitable we all know its going to come at some point lol
5. I thought the Gears of War film was already confirmed to be coming out?

knockton55
06-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Viva Pinata
Amen to that! :drunk

Da CRU Mughhh
06-04-2008, 06:11 PM
hell no it should stay a video game! especially bioshock one of the greatest games ever made!

Groundogg
06-04-2008, 06:24 PM
I'd like Bioshock to be made into a film but if it isn't done right, I will still love the game. I would rather the director make it and fail than not make it all. It won't make a difference to me, it would just mean there was one less bad director in the world, which is always good.

I don't want Gears of War made into a film though, I can imagine it ending up like DOOM, and Halo would only be good to watch if he did crazy kung fu shit and had sex with the blue hologram.

AlexUplinked
06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
All of you saying that Halo should stay off the big screen. Have you not heard about the TV Series that they are brining out...Its all about how the Marines find MC...Its like Halo 2.9...

YouTube - REAL LIFE HALO WTF .2

But I would love to see AC and Bioshock as a movie...

[Alex]

xxEquilibriumxx
06-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Any game could be cool if made into a movie if done properly if it's a good game. Assassins creed is about assassins, viva pinata is a good kid tv show that I'm sure many parents would rather see then hannah montana on the big screen. Games that should stay away from the big screen would be games with no plot or are just mindless. Samurai warriors and dynasty warrior games.

laundryman
06-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I would want certain gmaes on the big screen, but only if they didn't mess with the plot like most hollywood movies on games do

loren83
06-04-2008, 07:49 PM
I totaly agree, it would ruin everything about the game. Thats why video games that are made from movies suck!

I have to disagree witht this statement. A good game takes much longer to create than a good movie, so they rush on the game to meet the movies release date. This is why games based on movies suck. But if the game has already been created and already has a plot, the movie should be easy. That is assuming you have the right director and actors. I'm okay with movies based on games as long as they take their time and do it right.

KFZ Scrubs
06-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I think all games should stay away from the big screen. I only feel this way because i don't want the theaters to destroy the game and make it look awful. I mean come on.... Doom sucked, street fighter sucked, mortal kombat sucked..... i could go on.
I feel bad now cuz dragonball is being made into a movie and i love that franchise!
I've been watching it forever and was excited to hear about the movie till i learned more. Goku is gonna be played by the kid from war of the worlds and piccolo is spike from buffy. The goku in the movie is just gonna wear his outfit, that is the only thing that is gonna make him look like goku, other than that there's nothing else. I bet they're gonna twist around the plot to something fan's won't recognize and there's gonna be a lot of gay scenes wit no fighting. Thats wat they do for all movies, they destory the plot and action scenes and fill it wit usless talking scenes. The one thing i have to say about doom is those where the gayest monster's i've ever seen. I mean come on, the guys in the monster suits looked like giant flies. Im sorry but i think unless they make they movie greater beyond all expectations, hollywood should stay the AWAY FROM MAKING VIDEO GAME MOVIES!!!
Thnx u :)

Tenacious
06-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Does anyone remember the bad Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon and the even worse Super Mario Bros. movie?

It's all been done before. Video games and movies aren't really compatible.

Danillo llic
06-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Rainbow six...its simple. just like the last one. one of the rainbow goes rogue and the main character is his best friend and has to kill him.

Dog Of Thunder
06-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Does anyone remember the bad Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon and the even worse Super Mario Bros. movie?

It's all been done before. Video games and movies aren't really compatible.

The Super Mario cartoons were awesome! Best of all was every friday when they had the Legend of Zelda cartoon. I loved it when I was a kid.

anslytlid
06-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Super Mario cartoons were pretty cool :D

Many games actually make good Animes. One I would like to be made into an anime movie is the DS game "Another Code: Two Memories" or "Trace Memories" as it is known as in America. I think that would make a really good anime movie, and probably wouldn't be bad as a movie with real persons either.