PDA

View Full Version : Release date???

DTwirler
06-04-2008, 02:31 PM
OK, bit of 'splain: I live in SC, and yesterday I called GameStop to ask if they had any copies of Ninja Gaiden II in, and they said that the game would be released tomorrow (or today, whatever). What?? It's not just GameStop that says this, it's every store in my area that carries video games, and this isn't the first time this has happened either. Anyone have any idea why my city keeps getting games released the day after everyone else?

Sanction
06-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Same here. I walked in to my GameStop and asked for Grid, but they didn't have it. The explaination the clerk gave me was that yesterday is the shipping date, and not necessarily the "on the shelves" date. It sucks, I know. =/

Pointless Dan
06-04-2008, 02:57 PM
I used to work for a Games store in the UK and we used to get games delivered on the day they were meant to be out and we would be told my the distribution company to release them the next day. It's just one of those things.

V0NST3V3
06-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Ive worked in a supermarket, usually got empty display cases and stand a week or so before the release date and then would get the actual games delivered on the morning that the game is released.

But i guess that it depends on the shop and the distribution chain that they are running.

EvilestBean
06-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Its probably just one of those things, some shops have them in early some dont.

Chud 360
06-04-2008, 10:04 PM
I order all of my games on Game.co.uk and they arrive at my door the day before release day. It's brilliant. Often cheaper than in store too

Parkerktm
06-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Same here. I walked in to my GameStop and asked for Grid, but they didn't have it. The explaination the clerk gave me was that yesterday is the shipping date, and not necessarily the "on the shelves" date. It sucks, I know. =/

GRID was apparently delayed to June 5th, Why? I dont know! :( But it says on circuitcity.com

As for Ninja Garden II i don't know