PDA

View Full Version : Escape the Mines Help

oSILENTGHOSTo
06-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Ok so I just got to this level and im in the tunnel where you need to hit 5 switches to escape, I can hit 4/5 but one of the switches doesnt allow me to hit it because no target shows up. Anyone know what im doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind Well of Souls found a video guide on YouTube and I feel so stupid

EviLEd76
06-06-2008, 01:41 PM
I am having the same issue with the first mine cart with the 3 switches. I can't hit the one in the middle. I have managed to get all the treasures and lego money in there but i can't seem to hit the one in the middle. Is there something that needs to be done like change tracks? I feel like i have tried different combos with no success.

bsorensen2
06-06-2008, 01:57 PM
there is a vid, not sure where.

but when the cart comes to the bring room, and you can see there is a split to the left, but you go right, remember here. just before it on the right had side there is a track switch, it is not highlighted. if you hit this it will send you to the left for the other switches that you have missed

took me forever

EviLEd76
06-06-2008, 02:02 PM
there is a vid, not sure where.

but when the cart comes to the bring room, and you can see there is a split to the left, but you go right, remember here. just before it on the right had side there is a track switch, it is not highlighted. if you hit this it will send you to the left for the other switches that you have missed

took me forever

i looked for a video, walkthrough and at the lucas arts forum but only found one other person having the same issue but no real response.

are you referring to part 1 of the mine shaft or part 2? i can't seem to get past part 1 of the mine shaft that only has 3 switches.

Jedi Kayben
06-06-2008, 02:46 PM
wow that was annoying took me a few laps round to finally get all the switches, that track switch was a nightmare.

Lympathia
06-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I found it really easy, just button bash left and button bash right and you'll get through every time.

EviLEd76
06-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I found it really easy, just button bash left and button bash right and you'll get through every time.

Thats what i have been doing the entire time. For some reason it won't register. The blue arrows around it that show you have locked on don't appear either. Just to confirm, on the first mine shaft that has 3 switches, there is one on the left, one on the right and one in the middle?

ponypo2001
06-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Thats what i have been doing the entire time. For some reason it won't register. The blue arrows around it that show you have locked on don't appear either. Just to confirm, on the first mine shaft that has 3 switches, there is one on the left, one on the right and one in the middle?

Having the exact same trouble.Will not register a hit on the right most switch in the first section for me.Tried button mashing and nothing.Really pissing me off now.

ponypo2001
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Ok,dunno if this'll help anyone having trouble with the switches and no target rings on them but here's what I did that got past it.One of 2 things fixed it for me.

Firstly,I took off a parcel I was using so I was all at default (no score multipliers etc) and secondly I restarted the level from the college.After doing that it had it's target ring as normal.

I'm not sure if disabling the parcel of a simple restart fixed it but if you're having trouble try both and hopefully it'll fix.

EviLEd76
06-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Ok,dunno if this'll help anyone having trouble with the switches and no target rings on them but here's what I did that got past it.One of 2 things fixed it for me.

Firstly,I took off a parcel I was using so I was all at default (no score multipliers etc) and secondly I restarted the level from the college.After doing that it had it's target ring as normal.

I'm not sure if disabling the parcel of a simple restart fixed it but if you're having trouble try both and hopefully it'll fix.

I was able to hit every switch on the first try after i reloaded my game(power off, power on, load game). I don't believe that much QA was done on this game. It is very glitchy...but still a good one.