PDA

View Full Version : Used 360 games...

-ToXiN-
06-05-2008, 05:36 AM
I was just wondering, what are your opinions on buying used 360 games? Had any bad experiences with em? How often, if ever, do you buy used games? Is the cheaper price worth it if the games been out for a while, considering the risks?

Personally, i havent bought a used 360 game, but im considering it now, as i want to get a couple of older games before the summer, and theres a few "must-have" games i want so im thinking i might as well get them used, is i buy 2 or 3 used games i would save a decent bit of money....

I used to rent a lot of games back in the days of the N64, but no so much in subsequent systems. Ive only ever bought one used disc game, Pro Evo Soccer for PS2, and even then, i didnt realize i was buying it used until after i already bought it. AND... It didn't work, so i had to return, and i could never find another copy of Pro Evo that year.... So taht's got me a bit scared on buying used 360 games. Im afraid they may damage my 360 disc drive or sumthing, Ive already had to replace my 360 once due to the disc drive breaking....

Tussell
06-05-2008, 05:41 AM
I've never had a bad experience with a used Xbox360 game. I like buying used games, especially when you can get them a lot cheaper a while after they came out. There's really no reason not to go with them. You still have the ability to return the game if there is a problem with it, and you can get it cheaper than a brand new game.

Parkerktm
06-05-2008, 05:43 AM
I personally try to buy my games new, but in some cases thats just unrealistic. For example i'm not going to pay $40-$50 for timeshift when i can get it used at gamefly for $15, thats a complete waste. I also have gamefly so that cuts down on my game purchases. But to answer your question used games from authorized dealers and ebay are perfectly fine, i have never had any issues. Just be sure to check the sellers feedback and make sure the site is legit.

Jdm
06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with purchasing Used Games.

More than half the games I own are Used and I've never had a problem with any of them. Not only are they cheaper compared to a Brand New copy, but if it's complete(with Artwork, Manual, and Case), then it would be exactly like a new copy. There are some careless people out there that do not take care of their games, so make sure the surface of the disc is not scratched up too much.

Save yourself some money and always go with a Used copy.;)

ZiM1021
06-05-2008, 01:11 PM
I always go with used games myself. I mean, if there is a game I want that's just coming out, I'll buy it new but most of the time, the games I look at normally have used copies so I purchase those instead. Plus, according to stores like Gamestop and EB, all used games are guaranteed to work and all the used games I've purchased work fine. You should definitely reconsider purchasing used games and saving some money.

onemorechanc
06-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Most of my games are used, but I buy the odd one brand new. It's definitely the way to go ... just make sure that if you are buying from a retailer they have a guarantee. I don't usually buy used games from an individual unless I know them or can test the disc first.

CORPSE CRISIS
06-05-2008, 02:05 PM
if personally had alot of used 360 games and there was nothing wrong with them..however renting games are a different story.ive had games not work because people treat the rented games so badly..=(

[Waggly Bean]
06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I've never understood this 'game snobbery' of having to have a new copy. The amount of times I've heard people say they would never buy a used game never ceases to amaze me.

Having worked in a game shop, the amount of times I've said to a customer that they can have the game new for say 35 or they can have a *mint* preowned copy for say 20 - 25, and they often still pick the new one. It just doesn't make sense.

So long as you're buying from somewhere where you get a receipt etc you should never have any trouble. And even if you were buying from somewhere a bit less reputable, you can still always ask to look at the disc. You will often find preowned games to be in absolutely mint condition, or near enough. The only difference is they don't have that new game smell!! :p

To emphasise this further, I always go with preowned, unless I find an absolute bargain of a new game!

Ashz0r
06-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I can say I probably fall into the catagory of "New game snobbery" lol.
To be fair alot of the games I get on release day so there is no option for second hand. But I still cannot deny I like them to be new ^^

For example there is always something more appealing to a new car then a second hand car ^^

Out of 29 x360 games, 14 wii games, 14 DS games I have only one of them that is second hand (Just Cause because I couldn't find a new copy lol).

The thing is though I never trade games in even if I know I will never play them again.
I'm a game hoarder lol.. I still have;
over 60 PS1 games..
my whole sega/snes collection..
all my amiga games lol..
about 18 dreamcast games..
32 playstation 2 games..
15 gamecube games..
and I rarely play any of that old stuff yet I can't bring myself to trade any of it in.

FoxRacing1234
06-05-2008, 02:58 PM
There's nothing at all wrong with used games. Every time that I buy used games at GameStop or EB Games they tell me that as long as I keep the receipt I have a lifetime warranty. You don't get a warranty when you get a brand new game, which is a huge benefit (along with the price).

UNDERWALLY
06-05-2008, 05:47 PM
The only used game I've purchased has been Mass Effect, and no problems with it :D

YerpY
06-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Unless I want it on release I usually always by used sometimes at gamestop or eb but mainly on ebay... I have bought over 20 games on there and had no issues... most games you can get for a lot cheaper then gamestop or eb, you just have to watched ebay. :)

sleekzero
06-05-2008, 09:13 PM
if personally had alot of used 360 games and there was nothing wrong with them..however renting games are a different story.ive had games not work because people treat the rented games so badly..=(

yup. same here.:whs

Jedi Kayben
06-05-2008, 09:22 PM
I buy a LOT of used 360 games and the only one ive ever had a problem with is Bionicle heroes, its quite scratched sometimes when i first put it on it says please play this disc in a 360 console.

Yann
06-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I usually buy used games because I got my 360 last March and alot of games had already been released. I got Lost Planet yesterday for 10 in perfect condition. Make sure when you buy it to have a look on the inside and at the disk and condition of the box and manual etc before you walk away from the shop.

Crimson Ridley
06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
I buy a lot of used games as usually there is nothing wrong with them. The only time I don't buy used if the game has been out a while is when it's cheaper new (I know, it should be the other way around). GAME once had Skate 25 new or 35 pre-owned, they had Flatout and something else at buy one get one free or 19.99 each, and then had the same games pre-owned on 2 for 40 section or 24.99 each. But yeah, used games are the way to go mostly.

CmdrB
06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
I own 30+ games and I didn't buy any of them NEW. They were all used. Some of the came mint, other with minor wear, and just maybe a couple of times with noticeable scratches. But not even once had any issues playing them.

For me, used games is still the way to go. Oh, and another thing. Never buy from Gamestop nor EBgames. Their market price for used games is incredibly overpriced.

OMGIZZLEZ
06-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I always buy used games. As said, it saves tons of money overtime. Only had one bad experience, (Game had a ring scratched in it) but that was my fault for not checking on the spot.

Bishop24
06-06-2008, 01:10 AM
I've never had any problems with used games, I usually buy them from Gamestop and they show me the disc before I buy them, so that way I can see if it's scratched or not. But I usually try to buy new games, but if a game is a few months or few years old, and it's pretty cheap used, I usually buy it use. Just ask them can you see the game to make sure it doesn't have any scratches on it.